Noble Works Translation Project (COMPLETE Patch Released!)

Keisuke

may i ask? which part of work that does by the "translator" ?

actually i am a bit interested to help, but i have no idea how to do it. if i just need to translate a text to text (not extract it from game file and change it as a patch file, or anything that recuired an advanced programing skills) maybe i can help, since i have some free time on my hands.

well, i am not a native english speaker..... so maybe i will make a grammar error here and there. but if you dont mind, maybe i can help.

may i ask? which part of work that does by the "translator" ?

actually i am a bit interested to help, but i have no idea how to do it. if i just need to translate a text to text (not extract it from game file and change it as a patch file, or anything that recuired an advanced programing skills) maybe i can help, since i have some free time on my hands.

well, i am not a native english speaker..... so maybe i will make a grammar error here and there. but if you dont mind, maybe i can help.

It requires no programming or technical skills at all. Just join the Skype group, join the Dropbox (both of which simply require making an account), and translate line-by-line with a notepad document. It looks like this:

CwSyh92.png

As you can see, all you have to do is enter the English text directly beneath the Japanese. I always have the game open while doing so.

Keisuke, being the hacker, has some sort of magical programming that then puts the notepad documents into the patch. -_-

Don't worry too much about the English, either. Keisuke, myself, and our checker go through the game before release to clear up English errors, so even if there's something incomprehensible in English, I'll be able to understand it using the Japanese. In addition to that, we'll have beta testers before making any releases.

It requires no programming or technical skills at all. Just join the Skype group, join the Dropbox (both of which simply require making an account), and translate line-by-line with a notepad document. It looks like this:

CwSyh92.png

As you can see, all you have to do is enter the English text directly beneath the Japanese. I always have the game open while doing so.

Keisuke, being the hacker, has some sort of magical programming that then puts the notepad documents into the patch. -_-

Don't worry too much about the English, either. Keisuke, myself, and our checker go through the game before release to clear up English errors, so even if there's something incomprehensible in English, I'll be able to understand it using the Japanese. In addition to that, we'll have beta testers before making any releases.

really ?

then, how i can join the translation group ? btw, i doesnt have both skype and dropbox. (but i will create one).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, may I know do you guys still need translation help? I'm still in my first year for Japanese but this may be a good opportunity to improve my language. But well the main reason is because I really love this VN and I wished I can do anything to help out. 

^if i'm not wrong then the post above this is supposed to belong to otakuboy. How did you ...

It's supposed to belong to another member? Is the poster actually that member? Huh?

Well, I guess it doesn't matter. We could still use translators. I think. After a few recent recruitments, we're settling into complications. Anyway, send a PM to Keisuke (the OP) to sign up and everything. And don't worry too much about being inexperienced in Japanese, especially because Yuzusoft is easy. I actually started reading this for practice as well, then I came across this topic. If you can understand the vast majority of the lines, it's enough to be quite helpful for translation.

It's supposed to belong to another member? Is the poster actually that member? Huh?

Well, I guess it doesn't matter. We could still use translators. I think. After a few recent recruitments, we're settling into complications. Anyway, send a PM to Keisuke (the OP) to sign up and everything. And don't worry too much about being inexperienced in Japanese, especially because Yuzusoft is easy. I actually started reading this for practice as well, then I came across this topic. If you can understand the vast majority of the lines, it's enough to be quite helpful for translation.

He was referring to one of the fuwans, otakuboy, who posts on almost every topic concerning translation or porting of a visual novel saying he'll translate the game scripts if you give them to him. I do not know if it is true or not though. I don't want to get my hopes up.

Anyway, nice. I wish the group a good luck! Maybe finally I can play a Yuzusoft eroge. And it has celebs in it!

Hey everyone,

For those of you who are curious in seeing this game's English patch previewed for the common route, come watch some of the videos I have uploaded from the Noble Works stream I host. All videos are uploaded to my Google Drive, which is shared with anyone who has the link.

Thanks for watching, and I hope you enjoy it!

Videos: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7ivNNDDfsj5RnlaQTE1VTVaUHM&authuser=0

PS - During the 3rd day, I sound extremely tired. This was due to fatigue and other issues at the time, so I apologize if the attitude felt down for those recordings. I promise to sound more alive in later videos.