Noble Works Translation Project (COMPLETE Patch Released!)

Keisuke

One thing that's bugging me - and I know it holds the story and premise together - is the mc's vicarious lifestyle while acting as a bodydouble. I mean, should he REALLY be making friends, etc - when he is technically representing SOMEONE ELSE'S LIFE? lol...like I said, I completely get it's the point of the VN - but it still bugs me a bit, lol~

That aside, I've had some great laughs so far - which is rare from VNs for me (normally just don't find them funny, even if they are trying to be).

Hidden Content

That aside, I've had some great laughs so far - which is rare from VNs for me (normally just don't find them funny, even if they are trying to be).

Well, friends are a pretty normal thing. It's not like making friends it's a horrible risk to his job. If anything, being completely unapproachable could hurt his image / relations with his classmates, future heads of other businesses and such.

What we could find objectionable, though, is falling for any of his classmates. That is indeed a breach in the contract.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

That's true - and I doubt the real guy would mind the friendships - he seems nice enough. It's just the whole nagging sensation that his life is being toyed with by the whims of the mc - even if it's with good intentions, the real guy is going to come back someday and suddenly have a bunch of friends. lol. not a bad thing, but def. wasn't his choice.

And definately the romances - at least with the ones that don't know he is a bodydouble - I'm not that far in yet, so not sure how it'll play out, but should be ...interesting.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Indeed. But do have in mind one thing. In the common route, the MC visits the guy once, and gives him all those notes about the friends he's made and important actions/decisions he's taken. And the guy is alright with all of them, and plenty happy with him making friends and stuff. So I don't think there's much reason to worry about that part.

I'm doing Maya's route first (play it too! She's insanely cute), and it's certainly interesting, how things are proceding).

The entire page is just hidden content, thanks guys... 

Surprisingly, I know 18 year olds that have no sexual education whatsoever. Try explaining rape to them... (It be hard, I guarantee).

Yuzusoft games tend to be on the milder side (in terms of h-content) when compared to games like Rance.

Congratulations on the release, it's another project that belongs in the hallmark of "complete translations".

TL:DR- Don't force things on others

I've always enjoyed reading your team's various updates and posts throughout the duration of this project. As such, despite my joy over the project's completion, I'm a bit saddened that I may not see as much of it from this point on. 

At any rate, congratulations on beating the odds and thank you kindly for the work you've put into translating NobleWorks.

Many thanks for all the work put into this! At last, a Yuzusoft game is fully TL'd. :D

Also really enjoyed the humour of the the TL group as the game was being worked on.

Now if only a Saga Planets game got TL'd... *cough*Hanasaki*cough*

I'm so happy if Saga Planets Hanasaki get Translate 10/10 would play it again again and again 

Some people reported translation mistakes here, in case you didn't see them. Not sure why astro feigns to not know he can contact you here but well ( ´_ゝ`)

Keisuke actually had misgivings about releasing it as early as I had wanted to (for which I underwent an unpleasant translation marathon), but as the nonpareil advocate for Christmas, the defender of all things jolly, Santa's little crusader, I insisted upon giving myself the gift of being done with this shizzle with the onset of Christmas, which is why I insisted upon both a December 24th release and upon said release being the final release.

But after a moment of recent discussion, Keisuke has said that he wants to release a "maintenance patch, kind of like a courtesy" in the future, but not the very near future. And after seeing another person point out that I had accidentally changed a hyphen to an equals sign at the last moment in a certain scene, I was compelled to oblige. So it seems that we'll be factoring in various errors into a final touched-up patch.

The only point of this message, by the way, is to explain exactly how useful making complaints would be.

A bit late, but thanks for the translation !

I finished Maya's and Akari's Routes and it was fun ! The common route is funny and entertaining, and the routes... My God Maya is TOO cute. Seriously, how can someone be THIS cute ? Akari was cute too, but not as much as Maya.

Anyway, enjoying it so far !

• 4 years later...

Yes, I'm necro'ing a 4 year old thread.  Fear my dark magic!

So I thought I'd fool around with the script tools.  I did get them half working - the readme is wrong (it says "Copy scenepatch.sdb to the "patch" folder and run make_patch.bat" - you actually also need to copy scene.sbd).  But the resulting patch leaves most of the names in Japanese.  That's no good.

Is anyone from this project still around to take a look?  (I mean, probably not, but...)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2020 at 8:18 AM, Nandemonai said:

Yes, I'm necro'ing a 4 year old thread.  Fear my dark magic!

So I thought I'd fool around with the script tools.  I did get them half working - the readme is wrong (it says "Copy scenepatch.sdb to the "patch" folder and run make_patch.bat" - you actually also need to copy scene.sbd).  But the resulting patch leaves most of the names in Japanese.  That's no good.

Is anyone from this project still around to take a look?  (I mean, probably not, but...)

You'll need to modify scene.sdb with an application like DB Browser for SQLite. Look under the 'name' table, and modify the 'name' field values accordingly from Japanese to whatever language you wish.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi, I'm working on Polish translation of Noble Works and I've run across some technical issues that I just can't wrap my head around, mind you, I'm just a translator, so I don't have much experience in hacking and programing.

First one is line breaking:

Spoiler

UaT0nEF.png

As you can see, the word "podczas" was cut. I don't know how to wrap words so that they aren't cut, I tried some ways to solve it but I didn't find anything reliable enough. Could you explain how to do it correctly?

Second problem is changing names. I used "DB Browser" that was previously mentioned, I've opened scene.sdb and changed name values:

Spoiler

tfqDIFI.png

But when I started the game, names didn't appere when a character with changed name was talking, but they were visible in the backlog:

Spoiler

BbIHrLA.png

tAZGMLf.png

As well as voices of characters with changed names didn't play and couldn't be replayed. I don't know what to do with this, and would like to ask you for some help.