28 members have voted

1. 1. Which colo(u)r do you want?

• Light Blue - the choice of members who love Fuwanovel and have good taste
    • Gold
    • Totally Awesome Fabulous Pink
    • Don't Care

This poll is closed to new votes

Small suggestion

Maybe this already has been mentionned among the staff, but i'd find handy if the moderators' name was colored the same way as the admins are in the list of online users. (at the bottom of the index)

If ever someone in the community wants to contact them, it's an easy way to see who is online and thus see the easiest ones to contact.

Of course there's the moderating team tab where this can be seen, but this would be a nice small addition in my opinion :)

As for the color, blue perhaps ?

Hmm... This has been actually the case in the past, but then it was reverted (sorry I can't remember dates or anything).

I think it [reason it was the case and why it was reverted] was along the lines of nobody in the community is really higher than the others/etc logic. (With the admins being left as red to help people new to the community able to easily see who is actually admins to contact them quickly/etc).

Small suggestion

Maybe this already has been mentionned among the staff, but i'd find handy if the moderators' name was colored the same way as the admins are in the list of online users. (at the bottom of the index)

If ever someone in the community wants to contact them, it's an easy way to see who is online and thus see the easiest ones to contact.

Of course there's the moderating team tab where this can be seen, but this would be a nice small addition in my opinion :)

As for the color, blue perhaps ?

I suggested the exact same thing some time ago (with the same color, actually) but it was rejected. Tay said that admins would be green too, if he hadn't recieved feedback on how useful the red marking was to find him (or something along those lines. Forgive me if I'm misquoting~). The reasons for that were mentioned by Zhurai.

Waaaay back in the day Ryoji and I fought to keep all users' colors the same -- mostly as a symbolic gesture. Later on we did a private poll asking if users would find it helpful to more easily ID moderators (by color). The poll's results were something like 80:20 in favor of not having special mod colors.

I'm not opposed to revisiting the issue. I'm not sure I see the need for it, but you made a fair point about identifying currently-online moderators. I'll be interested to see if people find it helpful.

I'll change the moderator user color for a few days, and then get feedback. If people find it useful, we'll keep it. Sound good?

If graphic-arts-minded folk want to share suggestions of colors to use, I'd be most grateful : )

Green name master race :P

and then all the other users turn into gold colored names wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

also I don't care if moderators have different colored names or not.

I'm personally more used to different colored names for the different ranks in general though

Changed it to blue. Not sure it goes well with the green/red. I'll try pink next (feel free to share the hex colors of pink you want, I'll choose one to try out).