Yet Another Rewrite Problem

Saeval

Hello everyone.

I'm aware this topic is not new stuff, but believe me when I say I tried literally everything I came across reading the old threads when trying to fix this (SiglusEngine hack file, different .bat files, re-download of the game, etc), but it was all to no avail. The problem itself is kinda unique too, so I'll just describe it providing the required information:

Are you running your computer with Japan system locale? (link to instructions): Yes

Game Name: Rewrite

Description of Problem: The game simply doesn't run. Whenever I launch the SiglusEngine.exe, the game window shows up for a second in a white screen, then immediately closes itself. At first the game ran fine, but yesterday (after getting the bad end...!), while I was skipping through already-read-text, Windows suddenly froze. I had to hard-reset, and after the system rebooted this problem appeared. It might help to know that the hard-reset did cause problems at another program (foobar2000), but a simple reinstallation was enough to solve it.

Your Operating System: Windows 7

64 or 32 bit: 64 bit

What did you already try? (Uninstall/Reinstall, Redownload, Run as admin, etc): Basically all the of the solutions already provided, as stated above.

Did you download your game from Fuwanovel?: Yep

One last thing before ending this post: the only thing that seems to have somewhat of an effect is running the SiglusEngine-gaijinhack.exe, which causes this message to appear: http://puu.sh/ahKUY.png - Of course, as soon as I close it, the game closes too.

Okay, that's all I think. I'm kinda desperate, holidays are practically here and not being able to continue this great game after the bad end really sucks :(

Thank you a lot in advance; if you need to know anything I didn't say, just mention it.

Look, I had a similar problem. I was reading and needed to restart my pc, and then couldn't open the game anymore.

What I did was to delete the file that keeps what I alread read in it, because for some reason, it was conflicting with the engine. I mean, the text the game auto skips, because you alread read it, is saved in one file. You should try to delete that. I don't remember, though, in what folder it's in.

IIRC, the name of the file was something pretty obvious, like "Read" or "Autoread", so just try a little @_@ Sorry if I can't help beyond this, but I don't have the game here anymore to see the folders =/

Thank you for the fast answer! I think I found the file you mentioned, it should be this -> Documents\Key\Rewrite\Savedata\read.sav

Unfortunately, even removing it (actually, cut-paste it elsewhere, but it shouldn't make a difference) the problem remains :/

EDIT: I tried moving the global.sav and the config.sav in the same folder elsewhere too and now it works! Thanks a lot mate, I'd never have thought about a conflict between the game files themselves :D