planetarian - Dream of a Little Star - available on iOS

Gav

Visual Arts (who own Key) have released an english translation of planetarian on the apple app store.

This is the first time there has been an official english translation of a Key game so this is pretty big news!

Hopefully it will be a success and more official translations will be done of Key's games.

It's available on the app store for £2.49 in the UK (not sure how much elsewhere). Go buy it to support official localisation and visual novels in the west!!

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/planetarian-dream-little-star/id474121500?mt=8

wow this is huge!

Omg if they instant TL while developing their next game, it would be so awesome!!! I mean rewrite TL is almost done and the next KEY game must be in development as well. Even a year between releases would be awesome xD

Ok, this proves why KEY is my favorite company xD

Can't believe they managed to offer it for so cheap.

Even cheaper than the Japanese version i think. soo unlike Visual Arts......

what happened? theyre competing>?????

if I had apple device id buy it xD Isnt there some kind of version for PC, I would like to re-read planetarian and see how well translated it is.

It is using the original name Yumemi so thats a plus for me. In the TL I had it had something like Revivie, I didn't even know what that meant in English xD Where as yume is much nicer and common word smile.gif

Just finished it. I haven't read a fan translation so I don't know how it compares, but the translation seemed quite good.

I didn't notice any typos but there was a few times where there was incorrect grammar or words were just missing from sentence, but nothing worse than any fan translations.

The only real complaint that I would have about it was that it felt too focused on a western audience and seemed devoid of japanese culture. For example they wrote her name with the family name second and they didn't include honorifics.

I like the fact that this one uses Yumemi Hoshino as her name.

Same here. I prefer original name and had used it in my translation.

It is using the original name Yumemi so thats a plus for me. In the TL I had it had something like Revivie, I didn't even know what that meant in English xD

It was 'Reverie'. Sort of 'Dreamy'.

• 3 weeks later...

Don't read this while on the train or something, it's a real tear jerker ^^;

I should buy it, even though I already read the fan translated one, just to support Key. It's really great they're starting to acknowledge & provide for their English-speaking fan base <3