A new beginning to an old story (Steve leaving the staff)

Steve

Hello, Fuwanovel~

I would like to let you know that today I am stepping down from my admin position and leaving the Fuwanovel staff.

I will explain why, but first I want to start on a positive note.
So let me tell you about the beginning of my Fuwa journey~

In January 2012, I got into Visual Novels through my first VN Planetarian. I instantly fell in love with the media and while I was playing my second game, Little Busters, I was also following the very creation of Fuwanovel - that is on Aaerus VNAer blog.
I saw all the struggle she was having with it, every day being socially pressured into changes of her plans (believe it or not, one day Aaeru even gave up and accepted only hosting the patches, not the pre-patched releases, just to fight over it and revert this change later to what Fuwanovel is today).
But it was this fighting for freedom that made Aaeru glow with a radiant aura around her that I got to respect so much.

Once Fuwanovel launched, I used it to download few VNs while only following Aaerus blog, but then later it didn't give me and I also joined the forums.

From the very start I had crazy and radical opinions, but it was these opinions that later got me to be invited to join the staff. I explained in the invitation that I will not change anything about my behavior and I will still act the same way I always have, and apparently that was the exact reason they wanted me on. So I joined.
And as I promised I didn't change a bit, I was defending the freedom of all Fuwanovel members, often times only getting support from a single person in the staff, Aaeru.

And trust me, Fuwa staff section is a true battlefield, if I ever saw one. You don't even want to see the stuff that happens there xD So having support is priceless there.

It's been exactly a year on this day since Aaeru posted the AstralAir topic which was originally titled "For Steve" :) (I renamed it later to turn it into a general AstralAir hype discussion).
And this topic is actually my last memory of her (she was still posting after that but very rarely).
It happened few weeks after one of the largest battles in the staff section regarding a member linking to a licensed JAST torrent on the forums, a battle where Aaeru and I managed to defend the members of the forum from the tyranny (joke) of other staff who even deleted the post because they misunderstood the Fuwanovel mission.
At the end of that topic, Aaeru even admitted how tired she is of trying to defend the freedom over and over again - she's been running Fuwanovel for over a year at that time and that is not counting all the preparations and stuff before the site even launched. It is quite possible that this exhaustion was one of the reasons she left, combined with the stuff that happened earlier that year (DC3 c&d) and possibly other reasons.

So from that point, I was alone, I no longer had support within the staff, I no longer had anyone there to encourage me in my arguments, anyone to assist me when I got tired of fighting for freedom. I no longer had anyone to call upon to assure me that I am fighting for something worth fighting for.

And I endured for about the same amount of time, a year.

However in that year, I was no longer able to win battles, the best I was able to do was delay the outcome at the cost of increasingly more and more effort to keep delaying. But sadly I can no longer go on, I am just too tired and need a break.
You can probably even see it on my earlier post today (not gonna link), for which I would like to apologize, but I will keep it there just for the measures. The whole day today I was thinking about this resignation post and so I ended up overreacting there a bit.

Moving on, I would like to apologize to everyone who was supporting me and depending on me in some of the latest incidents, where I in the end failed to defend the interests and freedom of Fuwanovel members.
It makes my defeat that much more painful, seeing all the people who showed their support either with upvote, reply or a message in personal conversation.

However, this is not the end! And I hope you will help me. It is no longer in the power of a single staff member to do this, we will need everyone to hop on board (of the pirate ship xD) and make their voice heard.
Because it is you, members, who make Fuwanovel what it is. And if what we have to do is scream, then scream! If what we have to do is fight, then fight! And I know lot of you will have it hard as I know that most people supporting my stance are not native English speakers, but even if you have to use broken English or you don't know how to properly formulate your sentences, try it anyways! Because your voice is what matters.
As you can see it doesn't matter what is written under your name, it can say new member, it can say veteran member, it can say moderator, it can say admin but every one of us still has only one voice, I might have had admin under name but my voice was no longer loud enough, it is weakened by my exhaustion. So I want your voice to be heard, let's get more people to scream and make it loud!

And let me end on a positive note as well~
BGM: A Brand New World (nico since its not on YT)

So... I am by no means leaving Fuwanovel, if you were hoping for that then sucks to be you :P
I will actually try to dedicate all the time that I used to spend on all these hidden problems to things that matter the most - Mare and Shinku (and perhaps Yuuki if I end up loving her too :P)
So you can expect more lolis, more Mare and Temple activities, More Shinku and perhaps a construction of her Temple.
Also I should have some more time to try to better manage the EH project :)

Oh and I am not promising anything, but if I love AstralAir, there is a chance that I might help with something like H-scene translation if I feel like I can handle it - but nothing is for sure yet, its just what I'm thinking now.

Also, I need to make sure Shinku is watching over Fuwanovel in my place, but I will also need your help for that - make sure you vote that Shinku logo for the next Fuwa logo xD (in before this whole resignation was a plan to get more people vote for that logo :Kappa:)

So yeah, if you thought that I overdo all the Shinku and Mare stuff now, prepare yourself for the future. Imagine me when I don't have to spend 20+ hours a week fighting over regulations and can fully commit to the lolis. This forum will for sure turn into the promised loliland~ #shinkunovel #marenovel :MareWish:
And I will also have more time to focus on being #1 Favorite fan in the world :P

The future has already begun~

Lastly I would like to thank everyone who stood behind me during my time as a staff member for their support, but also everyone who stood against me for not making my life too easy. Also big thanks to all staff members, current and former ones, for putting up a good and fair fight :)
And mainly thank you to everyone who is after all this time still friends with me. And not only friends but also family, as that is what Fuwa is for me.

So yeah, can't wait for the easy peasant life with all of you~ xD ( :Kappa:)

You'll always be the Loli protector I look up to the most~

As long as you're conscious of your decisions I respect that :) Glad you won't be leaving Fuwanovel for good or else it just wouldn't be the same (Reading your posts is one of the most entertaining things one can do around here). I'll try to post some lolis around the staff section in your name. :P

Lolis are justice~

Sad to hear, but I see you'll still put down commitment in the most important field.

I will actually try to dedicate all the time that I used to spend on all these hidden problems to things that matter the most - Mare and Shinku (and perhaps Yuuki if I end up loving her too :P)
So you can expect more lolis, more Mare and Temple activities, More Shinku and perhaps a construction of her Temple.

Lastly I'll just mention, I'll keep posting my arguments for freedom and promote VN fan translation when needed.

Well, you´re not entirely leaving so it´s okay. If you think it´s for the best, it´s your opinion. No one can change that. I´m sure you worked hard and carried a huge weight on your back, but now you don´t so might as well enjoy that. And also, welcome to the easy peasant life. Thumbs up to you Steve.

Thank you so much for all the hard work you have done to make Fuwa what it is today :)

Your exhaustion is understandable and I really hope that you find true happiness and relief during this change of pace you are embarking on. It was so touching to hear your story actually. I will continue to support you and everyone else in the best way that I can.

Steve I only the best for you and your happiness. God bless. :3

Guest sakanaとkoeda

I had no idea there was so much drama behind the scenes.

Regardless, thank you for your service and support!

Good luck. I have never known you personally, but you sound like a swell lad. There will always be a new sunrise. As long as new generations continue to be influenced, a seed blown in the wind could plant itself into a beautiful flower elsewhere.

Well, I mean you'll still be around and all but I'm sure someone like you will step up for you.

So... I am by no means leaving Fuwanovel, if you were hoping for that then sucks to be you :P

Ha, that made me smile. Can't say I'd want to be a mod either if it meant constant arguing over what the rules should and shouldn't be. Not gonna lie though, the majority of what I've seen you post has been (what I assume to be) Hoshizora stuff anyways, so I don't really see any changes coming from this.

I'm sorry that I didn't get to know you very well, but I always enjoyed reading your posts and the passion you poured into this place. Good to hear you're not leaving or anything crazy, so there'll be time for us yet hopefully xD

Thanks for all you've done

It's a pity that you have to leave stuff but I am glad that you are staying on forums with us.

I and you always had opposite opinions on some stuff (Mostly about H-scenes) but on the other side we are both fellow lolicons who are truly passionate about our 2D world and we have many things in common. 

See you around Steve.

Imagine me when I don't have to spend 20+ hours a week fighting over regulations and can fully commit to the lolis. This forum will for sure turn into the promised loliland~ #shinkunovel #marenovel :MareWish:

Ohhhh, I seriously look forward to that! I've been working hard to make that happen! Let me join your force!

Saraba yo.

Well, you're not actually leaving, so all's right with the world. We often have opposed opinions but hey, that happens.

And it's tons of fun talking with you on TS or whatnot. Fuwanovel wouldn't be the same without you.

It is time for someone like me to shine, become a mod and argue.

Meh *gets tired just thinking about it*

I am happy thou that even thou you are exhausted, you won't disappear. You will still be with us. You know , on the internet , people die when they disappear. So as long as you are alive with us , it is ok. It is not like you won't totally be relieved from arguing :P

However, this is not the end! And I hope you will help me. It is no longer in the power of a single staff member to do this, we will need everyone to hop on board (of the pirate ship xD) and make their voice heard.
Because it is you, members, who make Fuwanovel what it is. And if what we have to do is scream, then scream! If what we have to do is fight, then fight! And I know lot of you will have it hard as I know that most people supporting my stance are not native English speakers, but even if you have to use broken English or you don't know how to properly formulate your sentences, try it anyways! Because your voice is what matters.
As you can see it doesn't matter what is written under your name, it can say new member, it can say veteran member, it can say moderator, it can say admin but every one of us still has only one voice, I might have had admin under name but my voice was no longer loud enough, it is weakened by my exhaustion. So I want your voice to be heard, let's get more people to scream and make it loud!

This is quite obvious but why are you planning for a riot after leaving your position? :Kappa: