Anime recommendations?

I'm currently stuck on what to watch, dunno why. I finished Clannad (the first season, didn't watch AS), and I want something thrilling to contrast it.

My top anime are probably Attack on Titan, Pandora Hearts and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I've also liked very much Madoka Magica and Danganropa... stuff like that. They're all character-heavy (well, perhaps AoT not so much, but it is definitely going that way), all have emotive scenes (except Danganropa, but it was so thrilling that I didn't even notice), all have a tight plot... stuff like that. I was thinking of a seinen or something.

I was thinking of Elfen Lied but I still don`t know how much gore i can digest. I really don't want shonens like Sword Art Online or something like that, I want to feel motivated to watch some other stuff after a bad streak of both video games and anime.

Any suggestions? 

Like romance? Try golden time. It's 24 episodes and has a good story. The ending is the most fulfilling in my opinion as well :)

You could also try demon king daimao too. This series is 12 episodes and has its gore moments but they aren't too many. It also has a good ending so don't worry about that.

Hope I helped.

Like romance? Try golden time. It's 24 episodes and has a good story. The ending is the most fulfilling in my opinion as well

I'm not sure if i like romance. I've never tried an anime romance, but I'm generally put off by all romances (but in western and japanese works). It just seems off to me that they just hook up whoever happens to be closest to the protagonist of the opposite sex and call it a day (even if it's something as ridiculous as childhood friends) and they rarely add something to the overall plot. I tried watching Ef, but i thought SHAFT's style was too untraditional for such a small story, and overall there wasn't much conflict. I might just try Golden Time after I finish... whatever is that I'm going to try next (thinking of Monster).

Also, Elfen Lied is amazing. It has elements from many genres, but yes it is quite gory at times

I've heard many scary stories about its first 9 minutes  :P

Fate/ Zero, Phantom: Requiem for the Phanton, Gunslinger Girls (this show has two seasons), Zetsuen no Tempest (has some shounen elements but not a whole lot), Code Geass (also has two seasons), and Wolf's Rain.

I've watched Code Geass, and although the last handful of episode were amazing, I felt no special likeness to the rest of it. It's worth watching, but I don't think that it's something filled with awesome.

I also watched the first episodes second season of Gunslinger Girls (accidentally, I thought it was the first season), but and overall bad animation, subpar plot and subpar characterization of the girls and their relationships of their fratellos put me off it. I might still try the first season, though.

I might just watch Wolf's Rain or Phantom, thanks!

EDIT: Wait I didnt read your first post derp

You should watch Death Note, that is a must; Angel Beats; Mirai Nikki.

And if you want something more classic you should watch Inuyasha. One of my childhood animes.

I should watch Yu Yu Hakusho all over again now that I remember.

• 2 weeks later...

I had watched some episodes of Mirai Nikki, but i couldn't get into it. I tried a bit more (ep 10 or something) but I just can't get to care about Yukiteru. Or any other character, for that matter, they all seem pretty damn flat.

I think I'll be trying Eden of the East, Fate/Zero and Steins;Gate like suggested, and probably Anohana for now.

Watch Another and Mirai Nikki you will love them!!! (They are a bit scary)

Watch Kuroshitsuji(Black Butler) it is not really scary but amazing

Sadly there aren't many thriller animes like Mirai Nikki, Another, Elfen Lied..

Oh yeah. Another is also another good one to watch given the genre... pun intended.