Promote/Advertise a visual novel

Satsuki

Honestly, I'd recommend tumblr out of all the social media sites.  The crowd there is pretty different, and it seems like they're more interested in things like art and such than the average Facebook user.  Several OELVNs I've been following only have an official site and a tublr page, and they're getting a decent amount of attention.  A lot of talented artists also frequent tublr, so that might help if you need a background artist and can't find one on deviantart or here at Fuwa.

A lot of people only use Facebook and Twitter to let people know about what they're doing, and don't really care what others are up to.  Not saying that you should delete your Facebook page or anything (you can't even if you want to :P ), but you should definitely think about expanding to other social media sites.

It is slightly different, but I also have more praise for creators who take the time to see what her peers are up to as well. There are many, many creators who give the vibe of "everybody sucks except for me and I have no care for what they are doing". For PR, accepting criticism is a good point. Importantly, it never hurts to be thankful when people show love, either. Often, I see people praising someone's work, and the creator says nothing or respond in short, "professional" sentences. Being an actual person is always good in my books.

It is slightly different, but I also have more praise for creators who take the time to see what her peers are up to as well. There are many, many creators who give the vibe of "everybody sucks except for me and I have no care for what they are doing". For PR, accepting criticism is a good point. Importantly, it never hurts to be thankful when people show love, either. Often, I see people praising someone's work, and the creator says nothing or respond in short, "professional" sentences. Being an actual person is always good in my books.

I agree, that's definitely a must! (and something I have to improve myself on as well ^^')

Honestly, I'd recommend tumblr out of all the social media sites.  The crowd there is pretty different, and it seems like they're more interested in things like art and such than the average Facebook user.  Several OELVNs I've been following only have an official site and a tublr page, and they're getting a decent amount of attention.  A lot of talented artists also frequent tublr, so that might help if you need a background artist and can't find one on deviantart or here at Fuwa.

A lot of people only use Facebook and Twitter to let people know about what they're doing, and don't really care what others are up to.  Not saying that you should delete your Facebook page or anything (you can't even if you want to  :P ), but you should definitely think about expanding to other social media sites.

The reason I don't use tumblr is exactly for that same reason. I don't have too many art assets in my games (trying to get the most bang for the buck as it where) and sometimes I have to worry that I'll run out of things to share. I agree with you on the facebook thing, but I've seen people be pretty talkative and caring on twitter. I think it just takes a longer time to build up an audience who actually cares. There are people who will just follow to get a follow back; but I'm really happy with how Twitter's treated me so far.

As indie developers, it's really important for us to support each other. When it comes to criticism, for people who are working on their first project they may have some issues with that. I think as people come out with more and more games they realize the value of playtesting and getting feedback and being able to use that to create the best game possible. 

The reason I don't use tumblr is exactly for that same reason. I don't have too many art assets in my games (trying to get the most bang for the buck as it where) and sometimes I have to worry that I'll run out of things to share. I agree with you on the facebook thing, but I've seen people be pretty talkative and caring on twitter. I think it just takes a longer time to build up an audience who actually cares. There are people who will just follow to get a follow back; but I'm really happy with how Twitter's treated me so far.

As indie developers, it's really important for us to support each other. When it comes to criticism, for people who are working on their first project they may have some issues with that. I think as people come out with more and more games they realize the value of playtesting and getting feedback and being able to use that to create the best game possible. 

Or you just hear it over and over until you become numb to it :P~