Yumiko Sakaki route praise thread?

honestly i'm no fan of the protagonist i just don't like the whole badass thing you know the secret agent stuff. But then again if i read it for myself my tune may change

Yuuji is more philosophical than badass, that's why he's an outstanding protagonist. Unlike many others he has his own opinion of what life is, his own beliefs, and act accordingly. Despite the fact that's impossible to self-insert with Yuuji, he easily compensates with his personality and his rich thoughts all along the game, to be blunt I've never seen a so well written character in any other media, books excepted. And it's thanks to Yuuji that Grisaia heroines are so good, he brings out the best of what each of them has to offer.

What exact quality do you find the most charming concerning yumiko ?

Initially, I mainly found her grumpiness endearing. The narrative trumps her up as being unfriendly and mean, but considering who her company entails, can you really blame her? In the Common Route (where everyone was meaner than they become in the heroine routes), I actually found her to be one of the more easygoing characters. Early stuff with Yuuji aside, leave her alone and she won't bother you.

Yuuji is more philosophical than badass, that's why he's an outstanding protagonist. Unlike many others he has his own opinion of what life is, his own beliefs, and act accordingly. Despite the fact that's impossible to self-insert with Yuuji, he easily compensates with his personality and his rich thoughts all along the game, to be blunt I've never seen a so well written character in any other media, books excepted. And it's thanks to Yuuji that Grisaia heroines are so good, he brings out the best of what each of them has to offer.

i respect your opinion but until i read it for myself i wont know..... at least personally 

I agree with your opinion, Yumiko is one of the best heroines in the entire series. The other heroine that I favor is Michiru because of her interesting storyline (Yumiko had a great storyline but kinda lacked the mysteriousness that I liked in Michiru's route).

This is just my ¥2...

They of you, who read my Threads know that i'm no fan of that VN ;). But one they did really well there are the heroines itself (probably except Makina ;) ). So I really liked Yumiko and her attitude/personality. And like the one above me, here dere part was really lovely. I also found here lovely in all the other routes, her "hidden" affection for Yuuji was really cute. Sadly the story was not nearly as good.

(That all refers to my personal opinion... So keep calm guys :D )

Greetz

So any of you guys excited about the upcoming anime adaptation in October??

well i don't wanna get my hopes up for the anime only to be disappointed but nevertheless i'm really looking forward to it!

If it becomes popular you can bet it'll spawn some Yumiko hentais... or Michiru hentais  :wacko:

i approve of yumiko hentais  :P 

Are you serious ?! Thanks for the heads up. I don't think I am willing to make myself suffer just so that I can say I completed the whole novel. Makina's route will not be played lol.

haha!! exactly my thoughts a few months ago.

I was always asking myself why Yumiko is the least loved character, I really like her. The bad thing I can think of is that her route was a bit forgettable, comparing to the others.

I never played Makina's route too, It's really long according to the translation notes,and she doesn't interest me in the slightest and I don't like her enough to 'suffer' through it. I only considered to read it because the fuwa-community claimed it had a lot of Yuuji awesomeness, at the end I read a summary of the route.

Because most people are probably burned out by the time they reach Yumiko's route, just as a perhaps. They do her route last and that's what happens. You get burned out.

You might be on to something. I choose my route order by those who interest me more, so Yumiko was my first. and I ended up liking her a lot.

It's how they order the routes  I guess. Makina's start first and the game ends with Yumiko.

In my case I did Yumiko 2nd and I'm doing Makina's now as a 2nd last, leaving then only Amane. Although I enjoyed every route so far I'm really liking Makina's. 

You might be on to something. I choose my route order by those who interest me more, so Yumiko was my first. and I ended up liking her a lot.

I did Amane first and think her route is the best. Then did Yumiko's and liked her as a character the most. I think it only matters if you end up doing someone 4th or 5th.