Yumiko Sakaki route praise thread?

I expected her route to be a lot more original than it seems to be, considering she was the heroine with the most face time in the opening video.  Honestly, even though I liked her character, I didn't really like her route; it seemed to focus a lot on h-scenes without really having a reason to, unlike Amane's.  I also didn't really like how they skipped over the whole political maneuvering Yuuji pulled off.  It makes the events surprising, but I've never considered that to be good writing.  It's not really dramatic irony, it's just keeping readers in the dark to keep something that wouldn't normally be suspenseful interesting.  The whole "Yuuji as bodyguard" section was ridiculous, too.  Why would they go back to the same place over and over again when they knew she'd just risk getting kidnapped again?  That's just stupid.  Plus, the whole "throwing a chicken/turkey into a plane's engine at speeds high enough to lift a plane off the ground" scene.  A lot of the route seemed to ignore realism in the hopes of keeping people interested.  There didn't seem to be enough natural tension, so they put some in there.

Sorry to disagree with the pro-Yumiko's route people, but I think it was a little rushed.  Just my thoughts about the route, feel free to debate them with me if you like.

I'm... not sure what there is to like about Yumiko's route, to be honest.

The route has henchmen literally leveling up as Yuuji, a professional, continues to allow her to sit by the beach, as stronger and stronger bad guys keep coming? And then he somehow throws a turkey going 200km/h? And despite being shot and brutally injured in Amane/Makina's, he's bedrested and nursed by a knife wound by one of these leveled up bad guys? And Yumiko's dere side is so jarring it might as well be a personality switch. It doesn't deal with the personal anxiety or any of the actual issues that she presents or anything of the sort.

My biggest complaint is that the ending is literally "YOU HAVE ACTIVATED MY TRAPCARD" and Yuuji pulls out some random bullshit that had happened COMPLETELY offscreen and barely ever mentioned. We didn't even get to see his struggle when they ran away, it instead focused on Yumiko the housewife.

The guy who wrote Yumiko's route isn't even a writer, he's a web designer, and it doesn't seem like he's going to be around for Frontwings new game starring the Grisaia cast.

That was harsh but I have to agree about the riverside. I couldn't help but chuckle at Yuuji inviting these guys out everyday for a fight. I figured her route was just a light hearted story like a Shounen Comedy. Lots of beliefs were suspended. 

All these stories are focused on the girls.These stories are mainly about the girls. I had to ask myself if Yuuji wasn't a recorder playing in the background in Michiru's route. that. haven't played Makina's yet so she might be different.

Hm? About the riverside scene...

The way I see it is Yumiko at that time is really stubborn (even after the previous events) and Yuuji's there for the sake of following her orders. He's Yumiko's bodyguard after all so he can't do anything beside following her orders. Well, he can at least advise Yumiko but I doubt she'll listen to him unless something bad happen to her... or him.

Was I wrong? Just my opinion though :)

(Oh, and I like her dere side especially during 'Come Forth, Dere' scene in common route. She really loves compliments, wasn't she? :))

The way I see it is Yumiko at that time is really stubborn (even after the previous events) and Yuuji's there for the sake of following her orders. He's Yumiko's bodyguard after all so he can't do anything beside following her orders. Well, he can at least advise Yumiko but I doubt she'll listen to him unless something bad happen to her... or him.

(Oh, and I like her dere side especially during 'Come Forth, Dere' scene in common route. She really loves compliments, wasn't she? :))

Even still, she was concerned every time he was injured. Yet she continued going to the riverside. Instead of thinking, "Hey let's go somewhere like the courtyard today to draw." She just dramatically fires him. It's not well thought out and just screaming plot device. Oh well, she's still adorable.

Even still, she was concerned every time he was injured. Yet she continued going to the riverside. Instead of thinking, "Hey let's go somewhere like the courtyard today to draw." She just dramatically fires him. It's not well thought out and just screaming plot device. Oh well, she's still adorable.

we don't question Grisaia's logic

as you said she's adorable.end of discussion.

I dunno, it's never explicitly said that she said she wanted to keep going back there, it just seemed like an unspoken agreement between the two of them, which I find rather strange.  You think Yuuji would have just said "No, you're not going back there.  Go draw somewhere else," but...guess not.

I expected her route to be a lot more original than it seems to be, considering she was the heroine with the most face time in the opening video.  Honestly, even though I liked her character, I didn't really like her route; it seemed to focus a lot on h-scenes without really having a reason to, unlike Amane's.  I also didn't really like how they skipped over the whole political maneuvering Yuuji pulled off.  It makes the events surprising, but I've never considered that to be good writing.  It's not really dramatic irony, it's just keeping readers in the dark to keep something that wouldn't normally be suspenseful interesting.  The whole "Yuuji as bodyguard" section was ridiculous, too.  Why would they go back to the same place over and over again when they knew she'd just risk getting kidnapped again?  That's just stupid.  Plus, the whole "throwing a chicken/turkey into a plane's engine at speeds high enough to lift a plane off the ground" scene.  A lot of the route seemed to ignore realism in the hopes of keeping people interested.  There didn't seem to be enough natural tension, so they put some in there.

Sorry to disagree with the pro-Yumiko's route people, but I think it was a little rushed.  Just my thoughts about the route, feel free to debate them with me if you like.

You don't have to apologize bro. Not everyone's opinion here is good. Some are very critical, like yours. I appreciate all your effort in making this Feedback. Thanks Bruh! 

Now back to the topic at hand. I agree with all your arguments. Sometimes a story won't make sense but at the same time be the best story you've ever read. I think I can compare this to falling in love.. You won't exactly know why but you Just feel that way :). That is how I feel about this story. The romance for me just K.Oed me Dude. 

#thefeels

You don't have to apologize bro. Not everyone's opinion here is good. Some are very critical, like yours. I appreciate all your effort in making this Feedback. Thanks Bruh! 

Now back to the topic at hand. I agree with all your arguments. Sometimes a story won't make sense but at the same time be the best story you've ever read. I think I can compare this to falling in love.. You won't exactly know why but you Just feel that way :). That is how I feel about this story. The romance for me just K.Oed me Dude. 

#thefeels

Yeah, can't really deny that the romance was good and all of the h-scenes were done well, aside from the angle of the last part of the last one IMO (it just looked weird to me).

I liked Yumiko's route if for nothing else you got to see some more Ichigaya action even if it was only a little but, I do feel jaded about one thing. And that is 

Her bad end wasn't even really a bad end.

Still her route was better than Michiru's with 

The fake dating, split personality and kitty drama, not to mention that entire buried alive thing.

I liked Yumiko's route if for nothing else you got to see some more Ichigaya action even if it was only a little but, I do feel jaded about one thing. And that is 

Her bad end wasn't even really a bad end.

Still her route was better than Michiru's with 

The fake dating, split personality and kitty drama, not to mention that entire buried alive thing.

You're just a Michiru hater, Makina. 

this thread was made for the sole purpose of praising our goddess yumiko and praising here only let's try not to get off the point 

可愛すぎる~

:wub: 2014-06-19_17-45-20_zps3b33a8e0.jpg

^ lol I've been waiting the longest time for someone to call this person "Makina." Thank you Lord crunchytaco, I knew I could rely on you. :P

More over, as far as Yumiko's route and the riverside scenes, I believe as someone else stated it was more or less an unspoken agreement. One that, it was better for Yumiko to be able to continue to do her daily activities and that Yuuji would be able to protect her no matter what. The whole point of a bodyguard is to allow someone to do what they normally do just with protection. There'd be no point in being her bodyguard if she wasn't allowed to do what she normally did. In that case, she might even run away, making Yuuji's job even harder. It was simply easier to just go along with the flow.

As for how Yumiko abruptly fired his ass, well yeah. He finally -actually- got hurt. And I suppose more or less, she finally started figuring out she was feeling things for him and didn't want to cause him any more trouble. But then again, it's been awhile, so I could be wrong on that point.

In any case, Yumiko was charming in her own way. Especially with the box cutter. Haha.

I just finished reading her route in grisaia and I honestly have to say that it was the best thing since sliced bread (please mind my hyperbole there).

Now I'm sure I cannot be the only person on earth that loved that route. Grisaia is one of the most popular visual novels out there at the moment as well so I was wondering what you all thought about the novel and what your thoughts are on yumiko's route :3?

Specifically her story and the development of her story.

Yumiko ... Yumiko .. is that the girl that swung her knife around in the beginning of Grisaia? If so, I agree. Though I cannot equally choose which character I prefer most. I like the MC a lot as well. He's one of the reasons why I kept playing the game. But he lacks emotions (or really deep emotions) but because of who he is, how he was brought up and his inexperience in the field I can forgive that.

Yumiko ... Yumiko .. is that the girl that swung her knife around in the beginning of Grisaia? If so, I agree. Though I cannot equally choose which character I prefer most. I like the MC a lot as well. He's one of the reasons why I kept playing the game. But he lacks emotions (or really deep emotions) but because of who he is, how he was brought up and his inexperience in the field I can forgive that.

Yes that is the girl. Her contrast in character was what made me fall for her. Just seeing her get all lovey XD. But I understand what you mean. Grisaia is a very good game so not being able to choose which heroine was your favorite is natural.

Some people even here still critical about her route. To be honest this came as a shock to me. Maybe it's because I'm still a rookie when comes to reading visual novels.

To be fair, as many people have mentioned before, it's a ''turn off your brain and enjoy the ride'' kind of story. I will start with the bad points of it: 

One thing that everyone hardly mentions when talking about Yumiko's route is what Misasaki's (Father of Yumiko) father told him before he died. I think it was something like ''You will be evil like me!'' or something like that wich was so bad that it made me laugh because this ends up being his motivation for everything he does.

The thugs and chase scenes speaks for themselves, the ending is literally ''You activated my trap card'' and the epilogue is too long for it's worth (Same for the backstory)

But! From the moment they start living together to the moment they leave the amusement park i think it was great, i played the route a second time just to see that unfold again, wich reminded me why i liked the route to begin with (Wich is Yumiko, of course)

I do understand people (including me) that think this is a bad route and all, and they thoughts are justified. But if you have a hard time believing this, then GnR is going to give you all a freaking brain aneurysm

To be fair, as many people have mentioned before, it's a ''turn off your brain and enjoy the ride'' kind of story. I will start with the bad points of it: 

One thing that everyone hardly mentions when talking about Yumiko's route is what Misasaki's (Father of Yumiko) father told him before he died. I think it was something like ''You will be evil like me!'' or something like that wich was so bad that it made me laugh because this ends up being his motivation for everything he does.

The thugs and chase scenes speaks for themselves, the ending is literally ''You activated my trap card'' and the epilogue is too long for it's worth (Same for the backstory)

But! From the moment they start living together to the moment they leave the amusement park i think it was great, i played the route a second time just to see that unfold again, wich reminded me why i liked the route to begin with (Wich is Yumiko, of course)

I do understand people (including me) that think this is a bad route and all, and they thoughts are justified. But if you have a hard time believing this, then GnR is going to give you all a freaking brain aneurysm

I've processed all the things people have said so far about yumiko's route and came to a conclusion. Nothings perfect. And I don't think yumiko's father can be judged from the get go either. Children learn from there parents. This is the only natural thing to do. So when you teach someone to act a certain way from a young age it becomes second nature does it not?

I've processed all the things people have said so far about yumiko's route and came to a conclusion. Nothings perfect. And I don't think yumiko's father can be judged from the get go either. Children learn from there parents. This is the only natural thing to do. So when you teach someone to act a certain way from a young age it becomes second nature does it not?

Oh, don't get me wrong i understand what the game was telling me; Yumiko's father is just like his father, but the way the game tells it is basicly ''You will be the bad guy''. It was kinda funny to me. But the romance between the characters is well done IMO