Emulated PSP game text hooker?

@ Cyrillej1

I just tried Fushigi Yuugi Genbukaiden Gaiden Kagami no Miko on PPSSPP v0.9.8 and it worked properly for me. Make sure you run PPSSPP first, then launch VNR.

On SHIFT-JIS, Dialog Thread: BANDAI PSP -5a00000

On SHIFT-JIS, Chara Thread: BANDAI PSP f3005ed

Did you change any of the emulation settings under PPSSPP? I found that if you uncheck 'Fast Memory (Unstable)', VNR has issues with finding threads.

Yes, I did change emulation settings. But I resetted it to original settings just in case, and did what you told me to do (Fast Memory Unstable is checked). I launched PPSSPP first, played the game a bit until Japanese dialogue showed up. I then opened VNR, attached the PSP game window for it to synch... The next part of selecting text to hook, there is no Japanese Text. The box where you're supposed to select the text to hook is empty, even when I try any of the other options (of the scroll down bar).  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong :(  Do I need to manually insert the H-code.. and if so, do you know where I can find it for that game?

So I tried it on other games that has been mentioned to work.. and same thing happens. I'm not sure what's wrong. I'm using PPSSPP v0.9.8 x86, and I downloaded VNR & did the update.exe too.

Ahhhh, I finally got the game to work with VNR!

F45F7Z8.jpg

The only problem with it is that it sometimes randomly inserts (n) and (#) characters inside the Japanese Text. And (#n#Speed[5]#Effect[0]#Scale[1]) appears after character names. Otherwise, it's working perfectly for me :)

Oh and the version I'm using is PPSSPP 0.9.8x86.  It seems I'm able to open up VNR even before I start the game, and it still works fine that way too. It automatically finds the text hooks for me after I saved it the first time.

Thank you so much Jichi for creating this awesomeness!  I translated a bit of the game's beginning, but that time I had to type everything in individually to check it. So this will definitely help save a lot of time when I want to translate it ;o. -happyy- yay PSP games!