Calm down lol

I'm pretty sure that one reason (if not the reason) Sumika kept looping Takeru is that he "did not choose Sumika", the moment he "chose" Sumika (aka that horrid h-scene) Sumika decided not to keep him in the loop anymore.

If it didn't mean I had to ctrl-skip for several hours, I'd quote the specific line from the game.

NO sumika died thats why he stopped looping kasumi was the only person keeping him in that world at that point why do i feel like im the only person that actually read it. None of the h-scenes had anything to do with the plot except maybe the tentacle rape one.

Im starting to get annoyed that you all seem so fixated on that point that you think its right and its not ...

NO sumika died thats why he stopped looping kasumi was the only person keeping him in that world at that point why do i feel like im the only person that actually read it. None of the h-scenes had anything to do with the plot except maybe the tentacle rape one.

Im starting to get annoyed that you all seem so fixated on that point that you think its right and its not ...

I'm very sure that Takeru "choosing" Sumika was a very important and influential act. It triggered something, but I'm not sure what. I am assured that it is more than a mere subpar sex scene.

I'm very sure that Takeru "choosing" Sumika was a very important and influential act. It triggered something, but I'm not sure what. I am assured that it is more than a mere subpar sex scene.

IT had nothing to do with that the takeru of that time was dead the only reason takeru chose her that time around was so Alternative IV would be a success

No thats not why it has nothing to do with her wanting him to love her but the grief of watching takeru be ripped apart by the beta and her being sexually assaulted by them while he watched but mostly cause she watched him get ripped apart and she just thought about him hard enough to pull him into that world and keep him jumping each time he died

This is correct. I've read the visual novel twice. I was fully 100% awakened every time I read it. I'm going to give few conclusions about the Casualty Conductor.

Sumika

was only a brain.  Takeru being ripped apart, her hometown dissolving and being raped viciously by the BETA ultimately changed everything she is.

Sumika is a human being with no super powers. The reason WHY she got the power to drag Takeru as a casualty conductor is because the BETA is a non-human carbon life and had special powers, or superstition powers. Whatever you want to call them. Thus it allows Sumika, as a brain, to have such powers and it allowed her to control Takeru to NOTICE her to SEE her. One reason is to love her and to choose her, but it was ultimately to FREE Sumika since Sumika herself had nothing more than "Takeru" in her brain while she was a spine-brain (or whatever). That's all that she had in her mind. Everytime Takeru got killed or died by nature, Sumika would repeat the world all over again. There was a confusion which was an intention by Age claiming that everytime Takeru choose a different girl and so on and forth. This is partially correct. Age went back again and corrected the confusion by what actually happened. It was everytime Takeru Died. Once again, everytime Takeru Died then Sumika would put him back where he was. I forgot why he was transferred with all of his memories the last time it happened, which result in MLA (a whole new arc).

Why did Sumika lose her powers.

When the BETA invaded the HQ, they were playing it smart. Yuuko (was her name? That genius sexy bitch that is basically the one who tells you the entire plot and what not) Yuuko explained why the BETA was attacking their head quarters and then noticed they became smarter. Why? Because the BETA figured they are

finally dealing with another intelligent life though the problem still lays that the BETA doesn't acknowledge humans are living life. Another carbon creatures. They basically though humans were weird 'viruses' that needed to be exterminated in order to secure Earth for minerals and what not.

Sumika was directly connected to the BETA hive which allowed the BETA to experiment on her. It allowed them to know what the humans were thinking. They though they were 0 threat in the beginning until Sumika was able to read the layout of the Main Hive which was the biggest Hive with the main tentacle faggot (the leader, basically). Because of that, the BETA was able to also know what the layout was like from inside the HQ (hence why they finally understood that they were dealing with intelligent creatures, why they were going straight to hive in the HQ). Once the BETA reached the hive in the HQ, on their way down there, they saw what Susuno was like (was the name of the big machine?) and understood the human's combat strategies. They sent the information quickly to the Main Hive, Hayase figured this out (probably?) and nuked everything apart. With the hive down in the HQ, Sumika had only 3 days to live, or less, and so she was the one who made the quick strategy to go and fuck up the Main Hive. What more, she explained everything to Yuuko (whatever her name is) and Yuuko was able to explain everything in-freaking-detail before the last fight.

With the loss of the hive in the HQ, Sumika lost her power to drag Takeru back again and repeat everything. It was NOT because Takeru chose her. Sumika lost her power. What more, because her energy needs whatever liquid the hive in the HQ gives it required a lot of power to transfer Takeru back to the past. Sumika, the brain, the spine-thing, was the one who was able to do all of that. Because THAT BRAIN DIED, she was not able to do that any longer. Takeru was a casualty conductor and because the most powerful human being, Sumika, was unable to retain his lifeform in the BETA world, Kasumi was unable to keep Takeru in the BETA world since the other world was pulling Takeru much stronger than Kasumi's 'image powers' or whatever.

Going to reiterate what I just said. Sumiko didn't stop dragging Takeru back to the past because he choose her, it was because she LITERALLY lost the hive she was feeding off of it, had no choice but to go all out and knew she was going to die. So it was the last thing she could do for and with Takeru.

Go read the visual novel again. Pay attention to what's happening. Also, pull Google out and search for the things that are based on science because that plays a critical role in understanding WTF is Yuuko talking about.

I'm pretty sure Takeru choosing Sumika stopped SOMETHING. If not the loop, what did it stop?

Nothing all it did was give her the human emotions needed to pilot 00 unit remember the only reason he did what he did was because yuuko told him it was the only way to get her to act human otherwise she just sat there like a doll.

Nothing all it did was give her the human emotions needed to pilot 00 unit remember the only reason he did what he did was because yuuko told him it was the only way to get her to act human otherwise she just sat there like a doll.

It was to give Sumika the ability to control the Susuno (whatever that big machine is). A sitting doll cannot do jack shit. She had nothing more in her mind besides two things. Takeru (his death as well) and annihilating the BETA. Sumika was very special and they wanted to get her back on her feet fast enough

RinXD, if you can use periods it would help split your sentences so we can read it better. :P

It was to give Sumika the ability to control the Susuno (whatever that big machine is). A sitting doll cannot do jack shit. She had nothing more in her mind besides two things. Takeru (his death as well) and annihilating the BETA. Sumika was very special and they wanted to get her back on her feet fast enough

RinXD, if you can use periods it would help split your sentences so we can read it better. :P

Yuuko had takeru get close to her and love her so that she would do what they told her to protect takeru.

The thing is, I'm sure it was explained after Takeru got rid of the Original Hive. Whatever, unless somebody has a save file close to that point the truth might never come to light because I am far from loving the VN enough to ctrl-skip 99% of the VN for that one scene

It's the best VN at the moment. It still holds rank #1 on VNDB among Type-Moon and Key's VNs for that very special reason. Muv-Luv Alternative was, if anything, had 95%+ on scientific and realistic things with no remorse and the combination of the best possible cruelty and the PSTD phase which destroyed all hope. That last 5% is based on emotion and that's Sumika's role which allowed her

to pull Takeru back into the world over, and over, and over again

. Other VNs still lack that very realism and very bitter scenes. There's still the character development, the world, structure, politics, science - I mean literally every fucking thing you can think of is there. Even the tentacles made it through. I dislike stories that have "magic appears out of no where, no scientific evidence can back the bull shit" types. MLA did it better than all the VNs out there.

Yuuko had takeru get close to her and love her so that she would do what they told her to protect takeru.

Huh?

It's the best VN at the moment. It still holds rank #1 on VNDB among Type-Moon and Key's VNs for that very special reason. Muv-Luv Alternative was, if anything, had 95%+ on scientific and realistic things with no remorse and the combination of the best possible cruelty and the PSTD phase which destroyed all hope. That last 5% is based on emotion and that's Sumika's role which allowed her

to pull Takeru back into the world over, and over, and over again

Huh?

That was meant at  funya. But what i meant was Yuuko had takeru get close to sumika to give her a reason to live and to use protecting takeru as a way to get her to pilot things

No, Sumika actually lost her powers because they fucked. Kasumi says so at the end:

http://i.imgur.com/HcqSkPh.jpg

^ Whatever this dude said. He knows better.

So when are you going to release the second volume? I want to read the third and fourth but I'm really disappointed that you're not going to work them after you finish the second volume.

^ Whatever this dude said. He knows better.

So when are you going to release the second volume? I want to read the third and fourth but I'm really disappointed that you're not going to work them after you finish the second volume.

Eh, I'm not Gabgrave lol. I'm just the editor. And second one is coming soon, and he'll be working on the third and fourth, just after he's done translating parts of Schwarzersmarken vol 1.

Eh, I'm not Gabgrave lol. I'm just the editor. And second one is coming soon, and he'll be working on the third and fourth, just after he's done translating parts of Schwarzersmarken vol 1.

Oh the light novel? I see.

How about the Schwarzersmarken VN? Who is going to work on that? I mean that's prolly going to be very bad ass.

this turned into a mess really fast :P

even with all those explanation i still hate the ending

, again it doesn't fit with the whole plot being really a happy ending is just weird and the fact that takeru becomes a retard again is just sad and depressing,

I really really dislike his character in extra/unlimited and most of the time in alternative, he is such a freaking retard...he is clueless of everything around him, really selfish and a coward most of the time, I mean he really is a bad person if you think about it... and  all the efforts of the persons around him in alternative went down the toilet when he lost his memories, yes he did save his real planet (not even because it was a mix, it wasnt his real planet anymore at the end) and he did kinda help the other planet too fighting the BETA  but not really either because the BETA weren't fighting in the first place they didnt give a crap about humans were just mining the g-element and if they really wanted to destroy humans there wasnt anything they could do to stop it, so everything in the end was pretty much pointless ... no explanation about the so called "creator" or why was he mining the g-element around the universe or pretty much the whole conversation that takeru had with the BETA in the original hive...nothing was explained, just him going back to his planet being a retard again and all that using most of the same dialogs and scenes from muv-luv extra

that's why i hate the ending so much, such an amazing story, characters, pretty much everything, with such a shitty ending :(

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I guess I'm late the discussion here...  just finished Altered Fable and kind of liked it... even sort of ended up enyoing the volleyball match if you could believe that...

Sad to see Takeru being a retard again though...  although kind of funny he does sort of change in a certain part...  won't go into too much detail though...

It was good to see Maiya again...  although gotta say, Yuhii is wow!  she won't dethrone her sister but she does indeed come close...  ideally though, they should have used the dream secuence for a threesome (you know, dreams and fantasies), sort of a competition whatever and then for Takeru to choose Meiya back in the real world...

As for the end of Alternative, the loop ended the moment the 00unit was created, since the person responsible for creating it ceased to exist at that moment...