Help! Recommendation for a first VN to a female friend

AMMSY

Hi!

I had a chat with a friend, and now I really want for her to get into the whole VN genre. I'm VN loner here in the physical world T.T

Anyways, are there any females here? If so, what was your first VN? as a female, do you prefer female protagonists in your VNs? 

I was thinking of recommending her Steins;Gate because its pretty awesome, very easy to get into and read because there are no bad ends and the choice system is implemented very well, and of course no H-scene. any thoughts?

Honestly, I would recommend narcissus or symphonic rain. Regardless if it is a guy or a girl, the last time I tried introducing a vn to someone they got put off at the slow pace/length so yeah. That's just me though. I say go with your gut!

EDIT: Planetarian is also a very good short novel that would be great to recommend.

S;G, huh. Kind of a bad choice- you have this quirky female cast that she's sure not to show any interest to. One problem you can find with VNs is that the heroines are just plain annoying to a lot of woman.

If she's into mystery, you could recommend Umineko. If she likes drama, safest choice might be The Second Reproduction, though you can try narcissu if you want to. If she doesn't mind some yaoi and likes romance, Dramatical Murder is the way to go.  Boku no Shokora is a fun, cute and very short game that might be nice as an introduction too, if she doesn't want to spend much time on it.

SR is a great game, but it's just not interesting to many woman, since well, you have to romance other woman. It's kinda like how most guys would never play dramatical murder, regardless of the story- it's filled with beautiful guys and they're moe, which dsgusts most men.

If you want more suggestions I could give them, but I'll leave it at this for now~

u could tell her to try G-Senjou or Sharin no Kuni,pretty good starter vns imo. also ever17 is good too but i recommend she read sth newer first and also because ever17 forces u too read every single thing to understand the story so might get annoying

Best would be though ask her wat genre she likes best or wat type of characters she wants then u could pick one out from

there

Like many said before, Symphonic Rain and Planetarian. Start her with Planetarian, it's pretty short. If she likes mystery novels and is ready to read a lot (like really, a lot) Umineko has a great cast, and its female characters are pretty well written.

I really want to recommend Symphonic Rain since it is one of my favorites. The Pros to Symphonic Rain is that it has great music, writing, and characters. The romance is also done in such a way that I think both males and females can appreciate. The one Con though is that it has a slow start. All the great aspects of Symphonic Rain won't matter if your friend doesn't have patience.

From what I know about Narcissu I think that it could be a good choice as well, (however I have not yet read Narcissu so I can't personally vouch for it).

If she's into stories with more mature themes that show the ugly aspects of humanity and that question human morality, Swan Song would be a great choice (my number 1 VN). If she likes Game of Thrones I think Swan Song would be a great recommendation, other wise don't bother as it could then be a bit risky. 

Mmm... I could suggest a number of games in Japanese, but I'm assuming your girl is Japanese-incompetent...

I'd suggest Sharin no Kuni, Clannad, or Little Busters for a beginner.  If she doesn't have much 'reading stamina', I'd suggest Planetarian.

However, from personal experience, if she's not interested in anime to begin with, you're most likely wasting your time.

I actually got interested in Anime from VNs. I was really uninterested before that, found it pretty weird actually... but thats all before I found out whats the meaning of "loli"