Two suggestions

First of all, I was in doubt about which subforum I should post it, so if it's in the wrong one, sorry >.<

Well, I have two minnor suggestions for the site.

- Remove dead projects pages

Some novels are not being translated anymore, or at least are stalled for months, and since Fuwanovel is a site for games that are actually translated, these games just end up getting in the middle of the others. It's annoying to, for example, see a title on the Random Novels section, at the right, to just find out that it's not being translated anymore =x

- Link related novels to novels' pages

I mean, Muv-Luv has a lot of games in total, so it would be nice if, when I enter Muv-Luv Alternative page, I can easily get to Muv-Luv page - That'd be possible if in every related Muv-Luv page, we could get a link for the other games.

That's only it. I hope that people undertand both >.<

Not sure what's the stance on the first point but I do agree dead projects should be removed.

But then again if we write the project is dead we will become an outlet to let people know it's dead instead of people trying to discover on their own so it's not exactly a terrible thing.

Regarding the 2nd post I think it can be done.

Something like "sequel: <insert sequel>" or "fandisk: <insert fandisk>"

I don't know how to tinker with the main site interface all that well so i'll leave it to someone else to do it to avoid me messing something up :P

We do have a way of noting that a project is dead (see Concerto note as an example -- they go red), which lets us keep the novel but differentiate its progress. 

If you or another user has a minute to go through and identify which novels are cancelled, I or one of the moderators can go in and mark them as such. (I would if I could, but I'm focused on other community matters atm)

There are a lot of things we want to do for the main site, but we're in-between web developers and the coding help I do get has to be spent on other, prioritized projects right now.

I didn't see any differences at Concerto Note page =/

Nosebleed, that's exactly what I thought, about the 2nd suggestion =3

The problem with dead projects is that they are dead, they don't add anything to Fuwanovel/community. People will get to the project's page, and they'll not know if they are alive or not. And if the site keeps dead projects, that'll confuse people when they get in a translation that's not moving, but it's alive. It may seem like bad examples, but the number of people asking "is this dead?" is big. If only active ones are kept, the site will be more clean, useful, and will help people knowing if they'll get that game done or not.

Even writing on the top of the page "Translation Dropped" would alread help =P

https://fuwanovel.net/novels/natsuyume-nagisa >> this one seems dead, btw

They are different, if you go on the on going projects page you should see that dead projects have red thumbnails.

We also have a note saying it's dead most of the times. If there's some page that doesn't have one then feel free to mention so we can change that.

I don't believe they're entirely pointless if people read carefully.

Vndb entries are often not updated and don't state the project is dropped.

I know people on the internet don't like to read but even then the icon is red, stating it was dropped, so it's not that hard to check.

Our site just provides quick info on project statuses even if it's "dropped"

I believe Beato is the one working on updating the main site right ? Maybe you should tell him.

This shouldn't be too long to change anyway. Simple and quick modifications which make things slightly easier for users, I'm all for it.

But hey, they are working on it, it's being discussed, and they will make an official announcement right ? ;p

The thing is even i can edit a VN's info, i have access to the main site just like any other mod to add, edit or remove vns.

The problem is there is no option with our current resources to add something like relations, as in sequels and prequels. Beato edits the vn's info but she doesn't code the site.

This would require coding and, as you know, we no longer have a main coder so minor stuff like this will not be a priority for a while until we are able to either find a coder that's willing to work with us more often or we have to wait until higher priority stuff is done with.

Dead projects could definitely have a more distinctive site layout compared to ongoing projects - all team information could be stripped as well as the guest comment box, only stating that the project is unfortunately dead. This was more of a band-aid fix and came around the time I was finishing the initial rework of the site.

There are a lot of things we want to do for the main site, but we're in-between web developers and the coding help I do get has to be spent on other, prioritized projects right now.

This would require coding and, as you know, we no longer have a main coder so minor stuff like this will not be a priority for a while until we are able to either find a coder that's willing to work with us more often or we have to wait until higher priority stuff is done with.

I don't know how many times I have to comment on this before I get picked up on it, but if I'm to commit to it you should: Ask me to and make me able to work on the site again, which I currently can't even though I'd love to. If I don't hear back on this I might be held up with more professional (e.g. paid) work in my free time.