Sonicomi/Motto Sonicomi Translation Project

Sir lancelot sama

80.jpg

Sonicomi/ motto Sonicomi translation project

Our goal  is to create a fan English  translation for  Super Sonico games (PC and PS3).

Description

SoniComi is based on Sonico, an overly busty amateur idol and mascot of Nitroplus, and features players as her cameraman. Naturally as a cameraman, you will both film and court her. The game flow will consist of two phases: the adventure and action phase. Vndb link

Project web page: https://sonicomiproject.wordpress.com/

Project forum: http://trac.novaember.com

Current Team

Translators
pichu655889

Miso Man

Image Translators

Okarin

Zero

English localization/editor:
Dalam

Technical stuff:
Sir Lancelot
Okarin

Project Lead/Spokesman:
Sir Lancelot

Image Editors

korosszeg
Trac Reed

Progress

Translation: 5.2%

Image edition: 3%

Open positions (updated January 8th 2015)

Translator  (TLC specially but can act as a translator too).

Image Editors
Skills required:

• Edit images with Japanese text and change it for English keeping the same quality/style
  • Photoshop skill needed, Paint.net/GIMP is a  plus
  • Willing to help on other tasks from time to time [for example, help to extract Kanjis from images into text with a very easy to use software (KanjiTomo)]
  • Committed to the team [Don't leave/disappear as soon as I send you the welcome message XD].

If you are interested in joining us send me an email,  leave a comment or send me a private message. Include which position you are interested in and  how we can contact you.

Edit: 2015-01-08 Rewrote post to reflect the current project status and comply with ongoing projects fuwanovel requirements.

• 2 weeks later...

love sonico im not skilled in the positions you need but if there is any random stuff i may be able to help with like starting a site for the team or doing your update status etc etc just ask id be happy to help even if its only a lil curvy girls for the win .

Sure thing!,  send me a pm and we can see how you can help, the web site for the project sounds good!.

Honestly I am about to give up  since there have been zero reponse from the community, to be honest I kind of expected low interest but so far I have gotten null response, I mean, not even encoraging  or troll posts!.  Maybe I am overreacting, but looks like the english speaking community is not really interested in playing Sonico, I understand there is a full save out there, but come on, where is the fun on that!.

Right now im planning on using Google translator and a kanji translator to start, of course this means the quality of the translation is going to be bad and I mean, really really bad, so probably I won't be releasing the patch with this poor quality to the community,  or probably I will release an initial patch for the prologe chapter  to increase interest, I am still not sure.

Not everything is lost of course, if you like Sonico  you can help in a lot of ways, even if you only help to spread the word in other communities/forums that would be ok. We desesperately need some staff with decent Japanese translation skills to start.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, just an update, after almost a  month since I started the project I have had some response from other communities and this one, we are still a small group, but the important thing is that we have already started :)

- The official page is up and running, you can say hi to  us at  https://sonicomiproject.wordpress.com  (Thanks Krill for the draft page!)

- The translation has already started too, we are making slow  but steady progress, my plan is to release a patch once the Prologue is completed, at this moment it is at 20%.

-  Still looking for staff, we want to complete this fast, so some positions still open:

Translators

We desperately need more help here, Pichu  our translator is doing a great job,  but we still need help here to speed up things.

Image editor

Some basic photoshop skills are needed, nothing too profesional, just edit some images here and there to put English text.

Beta testers (late in release)

For the initial releases, help us test the game and assure every path works ok.

Ok, I think this is all I had for now, just one question for the fuwanovel staff I guess,  what do I need to to appear in the fan-translation-recruitment-bulletin and vn-translation-status from visualnovelaer?

Thanks guys and see you soon!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought the same at the beginning, but Sonico  is more similar to Idolmaster (?), your mission is to take good Sonico pictures with your camera, the singing part is just one of the stages of the game.

Yeah just found out recently, cant wait to understand what Sonico says. She is really cute.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I´m interested in getting the translator position. I´m only a second year japanese-english translator, so my knowlenge is still fairly basic, but I have heard that basic skills are plenty enough for most texts in this game.

I´m currently living in the southern hemisphere so my summer holiday is getting quite close. I think that my schedule will be entirely open from xmas onwards till march. It think that helping would be awesome for getting practice and if everything goes well, i will even be able to help deliver people a great game. (I may even add this proyect to my future resume ^_-)

There are some issues though. First and foremost, i´m not an english native speaker, and it shows, so definitely my translation will require some heavy QC as my speech and phrase construction are unnatural sounding and well, kind of subpar. Second, related to that i´m guessing that most of my texts will be quite neutral unless the original text is not, so i don´t think that i will manage to give it much flavor, as in giving character cutesy or serious personalities through the dialogues. Sorry bout that. Third, i´m still a beginner when it comes to actual translating work, so my speed will be nothing to write home about. Fourth. I don´t own a ps3, nor i have access to one, so in the meantime i will not be able to check anything but the pc version for reference. (I own a copy).

If you are still willing to have me, i would love to lend you guys a helping hand. I will send you an email as well. See ya around. Either way i wish you best of luck.