Tsukihime Remake

Daeyamati

After surfing through some of the tags on tumblr, I came across a link to this article. Just as the title of this thread says, Type-Moon's Tsukihime is getting a remake! Not sure if there will be any changes to the story or if it's just the artwork being changed. Also, afaik there hasn't been a confirmed release date yet.

Some images:

tsukihime_remake_01.jpg

tsukihime_remake_04.jpg

tsukihime_remake_05.jpg

What do you guys think? I'd like to hear an opinion from any Type-Moon fans out there. Are you looking forward to it? Do you think this is a good thing or bad thing?

You know... I don't know what to think about this one. Type-Moon always does a great job, and the art certainly could use an upgrade... Yet I hesitate.

I can't help but think my hesitation is based in nostalgia.

You know... I don't know what to think about this one. Type-Moon always does a great job, and the art certainly could use an upgrade... Yet I hesitate.

I can't help but think my hesitation is based in nostalgia.

Here's something that might change that: They are supposedly adding the originally cut out Sacchin path :3

The Tsuki remake news is pretty old actually, though the designs are definitely new, guess this means its now an actual thing, hell, yes! <3

Love em, Ciel looks amazing especially, and I wasn't the biggest fan of her route! (KOHAKU ROUTE MASTER RACE~)

Although some people hate the remake on the characters, I don't really see much wrong with it.

I love that they gonna add Yumizuka route if they still are? She went and got some time on the scene but then she just disappeared :(/>

I'm pretty excited for this!

Also, another question - though it is not personally relevant (since I don't play translated ones anymore) - is whether someone will translate the remake... though that's getting a bit ahead of ourselves. Considering how long I've been using the original to introduce noobs to VNs, I can't help but be curious if someone will take it up when the time comes...

The remake news has actually gotten me interested in playing the original (which I've been avoiding because the art didn't appeal to me). It also got me wondering if, like Clephas mentioned earlier, there will be a translation project for this and if this will lead to Type-Moon remaking some of their other games, like Kagetsu Tohya. Personally, I see this as a way of catering to long-time Type-Moon fans and gathering the interest of new, potential fans. But I'm not sure if I think of this as a good or bad thing since I'm not a big fan :P

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if you liked the anime you should love the VN. It has so much more content and is so much good B)

No release date yet, but it's Type-Moon so we're talking months... well, maybe years here

With the exception of Arcueid (really don't like her mini skirt) these new design's are absolutely gorgeous

Agreed. I'm not a fan of new Arc and Sacchin (although they're fine), but the others are great. Especially Akiha.