Lolicons

bl3u

So, figured I'd throw this topic here and try to spark some interesting discussion.

Suprisingly, there actually is serious controversy with Lolicons and their portrayal in mainstream Japanese media. For those who aren't educated. Basically, Lolicon is a genre of anime/hentai centered around sexualized children. The term actually originates as "Lolita-Complex" Lolita, coming from a book written by Vladimir Nabokov (Which is actually a fucking amazing book, and Stanley Kubrick made it into one of my favorites movies)

But enough with the history shit. What's your opinion on this? From the different forums I've visited It seems that people are really divisive on this topic. It's either "It's sick and twisted" or "It's fine and I don't mind"

Personally. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. And I find it alot heathier and safer than someone actually going out and touching children. I suppose I draw the line at non-concension. Really, I think anything is okay for people to do, regardless of how taboo or socially deviant it is. As long as someone else isn't involved. Or if the other person involved says it's fine. And while Lolicons aren't really my cup of tea. I really don't see a reason to deny someone the right to indulge in a fantasy.

Your thoughts?

EDIT: To anyone who would assume this topic belongs in general discussion or anything else. I put it in Anime/Manga discussion since the controversy usually has to do with how Lolicons are in mainstream anime and manga.

You're going to get a very biased sample on this forum. The percentage of people who like lolis is much higher here, as well as the percentage of people who don't personally like them but don't see anything wrong with it either.

Well I do realize the majority of people who watch anime or read manga are okay with Loli's.

Really what I'm interested in are the people who are against it. And their reasons for being so. I really don't see why it's an issue in the first place. And I haven't encountered an argument that's anymore than "It's gross"

I also think alot of people ignore the fact that the Japanese age of consent is 13.

Well I do realize the majority of people who watch anime or read manga are okay with Loli's.

Really what I'm interested in are the people who are against it. And their reasons for being so. I really don't see why it's an issue in the first place. And I haven't encountered an argument that's anymore than "It's gross"

I also think alot of people ignore the fact that the Japanese age of consent is 13.

I'm just saying that if you want to talk to people who aren't okay with it, there are better places to find those people. :P

The only reasonably plausible arguments I've heard are that it can normalize the idea of sex with children, leading to more pedophilia, and that it can make a person get tired of just watching it and want to go and actually do it. But of course, once you tell the people who believe those arguments that neither one seems to stop people from making video games and movies with massive amounts of murder, you get something along the lines of "but that's different".

The only reasonably plausible arguments I've heard are that it can normalize the idea of sex with children, leading to more pedophilia, and that it can make a person get tired of just watching it and want to go and actually do it. But of course, once you tell the people who believe those arguments that neither one seems to stop people from making video games and movies with massive amounts of murder, you get something along the lines of "but that's different".

A lot of pedophiles also know that their fetish is morally and socially wrong and go to great lengths in keeping their urges under control. It's a constant struggle for them and I think there's no harm in "keeping it to 2D".

Personally I'm pretty disgusted by sexualization of children and the sexualized kind of lolis (Nosebleed's avatar comes to mind), but I think this topic will end up in nothing but a back and forth. I don't think it's something that should be discussed publicly.

i think the laws should be more strict about lolis, for example loli rape should be banned. Lolis are poor innocent beings and they should be treated with kindness and love, if a pedophile is using our poor lolis to satisfy his own needs i think he should leave them alone and go bother real kids as lolis should have rights too!

Fictitious characters deserve human rights.

I love you.

1338014613371.gif

But all jokes aside. I also approve of people indulging in rape fantasies.

Like I said:

I suppose I draw the line at non-concension. Really, I think anything is okay for people to do, regardless of how taboo or socially deviant it is. As long as someone else isn't involved. Or if the other person involved says it's fine.

Just don't go raping actual people, and you're A-OK in my book.

Personally I'm pretty disgusted by sexualization of children and the sexualized kind of lolis (Nosebleed's avatar comes to mind), but I think this topic will end up in nothing but a back and forth. I don't think it's something that should be discussed publicly.

I'll have you know Nico is 17 years old and a 3rd year in highschool :P although she is flat chested.

Anyway this topic was once discussed heavily and i agree with Nayleen on the fact that it's a constant back and forth because it comes down to people's tastes and everyone has their taste and particularly here the amount of lolicons is higher so you'll have a biased opinion.

I believe in keeping it 2D as well, i think the issue boils down to sexualization of children in 2D and that's a long on going discussion that has good arguments for both sides on wether it's okay or not. Me personally i believe in freedom of expression and separation of 2D and 3D hence why i'm for no kind of censorship whatsoever and that includes lolis obviously.

If you have a fetish that is not harming anyone (aka anything 2D) then i don't see the problem with it. You can release all your sexual urges and not harm a single human being. Bu if you can't keep 2D and 3D separated then you need to check a doctor because that's a likely medical issue. And if you do something wrong in the 3D world then you'll be punished as a criminal, simple as that.

Keep it safe, keep it 2D.

So, figured I'd throw this topic here and try to spark some interesting discussion.

Looks like you failed. Discussions about lolicons and paedophilia are repetitive. All of them resulted in very biased answers. You won't get an interesting discussion from such a topic.

Hmmmmmm... Well I use to be a very courageous anti-loli, but I made a pact with the loli lord, so I can't really bad mouth them anymore... anti-lolis just don't survive in these forums :P

Anyway, I'm probably the absolute opposite from everyone regarding this issue. I live (currently, mind you) in a country were it's legal to marry a 9 year old child, as long as she has hit puberty (and yes, some are that young, specially around here). So it's not that big a deal. While on the other hand, I'm not a big fan of 2D lolis, though that's just my taste.

I've even heard of old men marrying 10 year old girls... Though it's kind of uncommon, it still happens now and then

Looks like you failed. Discussions about lolicons and paedophilia are repetitive. All of them resulted in very biased answers. You won't get an interesting discussion from such a topic.

You never know...

You never know...

History has proven these conversations will continue to be uninteresting since you're asking the same question many people have already answered over the course of time. I'm fairly certain you'll find it interesting, but everyone else has most likely read all these before.

Anyway, I'm probably the absolute opposite from everyone regarding this issue. I live (currently, mind you) in a country were it's legal to marry a 9 year old child, as long as she has hit puberty (and yes, some are that young, specially around here).

Definitely not Bolivia.

Well at least people are sharing points and opinions. It may not be what I sought out to do. But I am achieving something. And I did make this thread knowing full well that this already is a heavily discussed topic among the anime community. But seeing how Fuwanovel never had a thread about this, I thought I actually could start a discussion.

And maybe it will. Chances are it wont, but it could. And I do consider that reason enough to bring up the subject in the first place.

But seeing how Fuwanovel never had a thread about this, I thought I actually could start a discussion.

Of course it has. And the consensus always is that people don't mind it as long as it doesn't translate into real world.

Oh, bl3u, don't mind these old hags. Even if the topic was discussed before, there's nothing wrong with restarting it a million times. If you've already seen and talked about it, mind telling me why you don't go start a new discussion? We newbies wanna have fun too :angry:

Alright Aniki we get it the discussion doesn't interest you, let's keep it on topic from now on.

it's about time