Installing a Visual Novel

Hi everyone :)

I have downloaded a VN (Umineko no Naku Koro ni ep 1-4) and it is working correctly. It says it requires no installation to work, but what if I do need to install it? I want to play it on my android tablet, and in order to be able to do this I must first use a converter, which apparently needs the VN to be installed. Is there a way I can install the VN even though it says it requires no installation?

Thanks in advance to everyone :)

Sorry if there's a better section for this, I just didn't know where to post this

To install the Vn I think you would most probably need an authentic copy of the Visual novel. 

So unless you can get yourself a hand of the original I don't think you'll be able to install it. Well that is what I think. I stand to be corrected though, sooner or later XD.

By the way I noticed that you are new. Welcome to the forums :3 

I hope you enjoy your stay here. 

Don't be a stranger :)

Thanks a lot for the answer and the welcome :)

Anyway, you're probably right about it, I guess I'll just play it on my pc for now then. Howewer, this brings up another question.

The English patch which comes with the VN that I downloaded here is provided with newest sprites and Japanese voices for the dialogues (as a ps3 adaptation has been made). I have also downloaded an Italian patch of the same VN, which though has no voices and comes with the original sprites: is it possible to move some files (those responsible for the sprites and voices) from the English patch folder to the Italian one to play the VN with Japanese spoken dialogues but Italian written text and the newest sprites?

I'm terrible at making questions, hope this one makes sense. Also, this is possibly the noobest question ever, but I'm not any good with computer stuff, files etc.

Thanks again! :)

Theoretically applying the english patch and then moving over the script files from the italian patch will work, unless either patcher messes with the engine of the game somehow. In that case, there isn't any easy fix to do so. 

To install the game, you need an ISO copy of the game, and to mount the ISO and install it through that. 

To install the game, you need an ISO copy of the game, and to mount the ISO and install it through that. 

Thanks a lot. Is it possible to get an ISO copy of the game without buying an original copy?

Theoretically applying the english patch and then moving over the script files from the italian patch will work, unless either patcher messes with the engine of the game somehow. In that case, there isn't any easy fix to do so. 

So, does that basically mean that I should just replace the script files? Moving the italian script files into the english patch without removing the english ones will mess things up, as there would be two different kinds of script files?