Monobeno first scene video translation project - RELEASED

Monobeno loli game fan translation project

Video of first scene of prologue

(vndb)

http://youtu.be/TFEAFNLR_FQ

Edit 15/07/14 : Release of the first scene as a subtitled video. Thanks everyone for your support and ExiledSaber for his editing. I still don't have the time nor the motivation to translate the rest of the game myself, but be certain that I would participate with any other interested translators to get this game in English.

(Youtube coming latter) 

~~~

Monobeno - Scene 1 (eng-subs) [720p]  : Mega |

~~~

~~~

Unedited script ddl: .ass : Mega | .txt : Mega

Edited script ddl: .ass : Mega

Work raw (.mkv) ddl : Mega

~~~

Hello everyone!

As a Monobeno fan, I'm looking to enhance visibility of this great game. Considering its position as a 18+ loli game, official English release is sadly highly improbable.

While I don't have the skills to edit, hack nor patch the game, I decided instead to do what I can. In short, painstakingly translating the first scene, making a video out of it on auto play and slowly timing it. The resulting video of the game with English subtitles will then be shared through torrent, direct downloads and Youtube.

As I said, I can not edit. English is my second language and Japanese my third. Thus, I need some new friend(s) with high English proficiency to check my translation and make it more fluid and natural. Of course, keeping each character's speech pattern is also important. For example, Natsuha talks like a kid and Sumi talks in a very polite, archaic way.

Afterward, I would also need quality checker(s) to ensure there isn't any timing or spelling mistakes. It would be great to also have someone to check my translation since I still have a lot to learn, but it is not a priority.

I have no particular plan once this video is done. I don't have the time nor the motivation to translate everything myself -especially since I'm still far from completing the game-, but I will gladly join anyone willing to help.

If you are interested please leave a comment, send me a private message or simply email me at zakudono(dot)loli(at)gmail(dot)com.

Thank you!

Speech patterns :

- Tohru : normal / adult

- Natsuha : kid / energetic

- Alice : normal / energetic

- Sumi : polite / archaic

- Hishakaku : old man / countryside dialect

Current team as of 11/07/14 :

- ExiledSaber : editor

- zakudono : translator, timer, encoder

Positions needed as of 15/07/14 :

- Translators for the rest of the game

Project completion as of 15/07/14 (100%) :

- Translation of the first scene : 447/447 lines ; 100%

- Editing : 447/447 lines ; 100%

- Encoding : 1/1, 32:21 minutes ; 100%

- Timing : 447/447 ;100%

- Quality check : 100%

I have a pending request to join another translation as an english editor, if that dose not pan out I will be happy to help you.

Great! The script file ddl is in the post, so feel free to look at it. I still have a lot of timing to do, so there's no rush. ;)

First scene as in bus riding episode? I doubt someone can become interested in this VN after watching it.

The good thing is there's no "super-archaic eldery/yokai language" in that part so you won't have to rack your brains :)

Yea, the first scene isn't the most exciting, but it does a great job introducing each main characters. And there really aren't any very exciting scenes in the prologue anyway...

There's some "super-archaic eldery/yokai language" near the end with Sumi and Hishakaku, but it is readable. 

After glancing over it, if that is all the text you needed edited i will have it done for you in the next 24-48 hours.

Yea, the first scene is "only" 447 lines, so It would be awesome to have your help. I'll PM you. ^.^ 

Since I'm a writer, I can edit/look over anything related to the text.

Let me know if my help is still needed in any way

Thanks a lot for your support. I'll be sure to PM you If the need arises. 

You could place the translation on VNReader and then record the game on autoplay.

I could. I do use VNReader, especially to give me furiganas in game, but it still has some problems. For example, it sometimes randomly doubles every Japanese characters, creating a useless line without translation. =/