[Help] Moving VN save files from one PC to another.

I recently got my desktop back from the shop. Before that I have been playing all my VN's on my laptop. I want to move all the save files from my laptop to my current desktop, how would that work step by step? Is it as easy as moving pictures,music, etc or do I need to put the save file in a certain place for it to load? 

if I put the game with all the files on the USB as well can I easily move that to my desktop?

I am not very computer savvy, which is a bit embarrassing considering how much I use it day to day... If you can please explain what steps I need to take it would be much appreciated. Also, I hope this counts as game technical issues for the sake of posting here  ^_^

In 95% of cases, it's entirely possible to move your save files, though different games use different methods to store data and player progress. Im most cases, save files are created as external files (they are rarely stored internally), either somewhere within the game folder directory, or system's user settings folders.

If you need any help, write down all the game titles first. That way it'll be easier for us to guide you to the appropriate save file locations.

quoting flutterz = "Saves are located at C:/Users/(Your username)/AppData/Roaming/Frontwing/Grisaia no Kajitsu by default"

And I'm pretty sure AppData is hidden by default. So either change that setting so you can view hidden files and folders, or start up "Run" and type in "%APPDATA%"

Then just copy that folder and move it to the same location on your desktop PC, after you've installed the VN there.

I successfully transferred the saves it seems like. However, the "Extras" option on the title screen is not available. Will I not be able to access the content I already unlocked on a new computer?

savegen.dat is the file that has all of the info for what you've unlocked, so make sure you get that one.

Also when I want to play Grisaia on my laptop instead, do I follow the same steps just copy&pasting the new saves into the other PC's folder?

Yep.

• 9 months later...

I didn't want to start a new topic for this because it is more or less the same question. 

Is there anyway to make a VN save in a certain spot? I know I can just copy pasta all my saves back and forth like I have been doing but it would be nice if I was able to get them to save to one spot 24/7.