[Completed] User Submitted Fuwanovel Banners

solidbatman

I haven't got a clue why you guys are all so opposed to the idea of a Kud banner. >.> I think it's a great idea! DimDito gets it!

But if you all want to be Negative Nancies, I guess having a VN/Developer theme could be nice, or a seasons theme, which would also match Batman's idea of switching it up every 2-3 months nicely. Not a fan of the birthday idea, since we'd have to pick one of the many characters who have their birthday on any given month, and it will most likely just become a popularity contest. That and Kud's brithday is in June

I have actually been experimenting with other characters for specific seasons too, like Cirno for winter etc - but due to the color scheme of the logo (ending part in white) and color of the upper site of the website only white haired characters work.

That said the presented Kud avatar could work in theory, but Mare will not give up so easily :P

As for male characters - there will NEVER be a male character there, since we as VN readers realize the unimportance of sprites of male characters xD There is already a guy in the main Fuwanovel website logo so no need to have more, since nobody like looking at dudes - where as both males and females like looking at cute girls.

And that's the last thing, it has to be cute and moe girl, not some angry or deformed girl :)

I have actually been experimenting with other characters for specific seasons too, like Cirno for winter etc - but due to the color scheme of the logo (ending part in white) and color of the upper site of the website only white haired characters work.

That said the presented Kud avatar could work in theory, but Mare will not give up so easily :P

As for male characters - there will NEVER be a male character there, since we as VN readers realize the unimportance of sprites of male characters xD There is already a guy in the main Fuwanovel website logo so no need to have more, since nobody like looking at dudes - where as both males and females like looking at cute girls.

And that's the last thing, it has to be cute and moe girl, not some angry or deformed girl :)

Hahaha. I've saved The Mare banner. She won't be lost, no fears : )

Alright. So, first thing's first, would somebody like to share a transparent version of the Fuwanovel logo/phrase? That way more people can experiment.

Second -- male characters, female characters, certain android planetarians -- it's all fair game. We just need to come up with an initial competition.

I suggested a summer theme competition. Any other ideas? Once we have the competition, we can start it. The winning banner will be up for a month or so before we start a new one.

Original logo is http://i.imgur.com/4eDBImV.png

This is the edit I made to make the text more visible: http://i.imgur.com/IPtY2yq.png

Also, perhaps it wouldn't be bad changing the slogan to World instead of West, since west can be confusing as we discussed in the other topic

"Visual Novels for the world" sound pretty good

Btw, NO DUDES ALLOWED!

(and of course NO TRAPS or futas, all those entries will be automatically disqualified)

"Visual novels for the world" is quite vague, it could mean many things and suffers from obfuscation. It's the sort of statement you need an explanation for. It could mean, for example, 'the developers made these visual novel targeting the international audience'.

If you have issues with the term 'West' just knock it out. "Make visual novels popular" is something that's aligns with Fuwa's goals, but more importantly is clear in its meaning.

Hm we have that on the main site, not sure if it can work on IPB (without need to edit the code).

Well there is an option to let user select which skin to use. So we could in theory have like skin with Mare logo, skin with Kud logo and even some guy for people who want skin with some dude (gay~). And the default could be the girl-less logo (or mare xd)

Excellent news. Considering the site was made by a woman, it's only right for the ladies to have male, eye-candy options.

Well girls who play VNs still prefer looking at cute girls :P Its a confirmed fact xD

Actually you and Tay are the ONLY 2 people on fuwa who use a guy in avatar, you should reconsider your life xD

(give me a PM an I will assist you picking a cute girl, not only loli, I could even assist with big boobers if that's what you like xD)

(give me a PM an I will assist you picking a cute girl, not only loli, I could even assist with big boobers if that's what you like xD)

Don't listen to him, Rooke. He'll corrupt your soul and Australianism. 

Well girls who play VNs still prefer looking at cute girls :P Its a confirmed fact xD

Actually you and Tay are the ONLY 2 people on fuwa who use a guy in avatar, you should reconsider your life xD

I suppose that's why the FEMALE dominated OELVN scene is flooded with otomes, which are filled with hot GUYS :P

And no. I like my cold, smirking, evil, bastard avatar. It makes people keep their distance, and mirrors the intimidating gaze I possess in real life (the people who collapsed with laughter just now can knock it off. You know who you are.....)

Also, Steve, please recall I actually started a thread asking if it was time I changed my avatar. The consensus, I believe, was that changing my avatar would cause widespread psychological breakdown.

And no. I like my cold, smirking, evil, bastard avatar. It makes people keep their distance, and mirrors the intimidating gaze I possess in real life (the people who collapsed with laughter just now can knock it off. You know who you are.....)

You haven't even seen Baccano yet. >.>

We could code rotating logos, but this is probably more fun.

Come on, people! Thoughts?

Logo changes everyday? Special logos on specific occasions? My ideas are so common, I can't think of anything.

A sports theme to mirror the world cup.

Rotating time themes (medieval, whatever the comparison period is called in Japan).

Rotating 'punk' themes (Cyberpunk, Steampunk, decopunk, atompunk, yourapunk)

A banner celebrating different types of heroines (Yandere etc)

A banner celebrating different types of protagonists 

A banner celebrating Rooke - *hohoho*

A theme where you have to take a heroine and make the background give off the completely opposite feeling (Yandere character on a deredere background)

We could code rotating logos, but this is probably more fun.

Come on, people! Thoughts?

Hm well the idea of making people pick what they want is actually pretty good imo, didn't think of that before.

Actually the IP.Board default theme is still using the old logo.

And as we figured out in the vndb skin topic, lot of people actually do like to change these things so maybe having a contest to qualify for a skin version and have like 5 different to pick from.

And that way nobody will get upset that their beloved Mare disappeared xD

Also, Steve, please recall I actually started a thread asking if it was time I changed my avatar. The consensus, I believe, was that changing my avatar would cause widespread psychological breakdown.

Well I guess that's true... I guess the male avatar signifies the inexperience with 2d love :P

A banner celebrating different types of heroines (Yandere etc)

Yanderes are evil! And as such banned! :P

Why don't you tie this in with the 'member of the month' idea? So, either have a celebrated member of the forum request a specific type of banner? Or just pick a random (active) person on the forum and have them request a banner? Then that banner gets put up for a month as either a reward, or the prize for winning the lottery?

EDIT: Let's not ban Rooke :P

Why don't you tie this in with the 'member of the month' idea? So, either have a celebrated member of the forum request a specific type of banner? Or just pick a random (active) person on the forum and have them request a banner? Then that banner gets put up for a month as either a reward, or the prize for winning the lottery?

You just want yourself on that banner, don't you?