Introducing... Gav!

Gav

Hello all!

I discovered VNs after kotaku published an article on Katawa Shoujo and now I can't get enough!

While searching for torrents on the pirate bay I came across fuwanovel and completely agree with everything that fuwanovel stands for.

Read

Katawa Shoujo

Clannad

Fate/stay night

Muv-Luv Alternative

Little Busters!

Tsikihime

Tomoyo After ~It's a wonderful life~

Currently Reading

Rewrite (reading as it is being translated)

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (just when I'm bored on my phone)

G-senjou no Maou

Favourite VN: Little Busters!

Least Favourite: Muv-Luv Alternative (it was a little too dark for me)

Favourite Character: Kurugaya Yuiko (because she's sexy)

I mostly enjoy drama/romance/comedy VNs. I really enjoy anything by Key as they always make me cry.

I've started to learn japanese so I can help translate VNs and I also want to help create a western VN in the future.

Thanks for reading :)/>

Hello all!

I discovered VNs after kotaku published an article on Katawa Shoujo and now I can't get enough!

While searching for torrents on the pirate bay I came across fuwanovel and completely agree with everything that fuwanovel stands for.

Read

Katawa Shoujo

Clannad

Fate/stay night

Muv-Luv Alternative

Little Busters!

Tsikihime

Tomoyo After ~It's a wonderful life~

Currently Reading

Rewrite (reading as it is being translated)

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (just when I'm bored on my phone)

G-senjou no Maou

Favourite VN: Little Busters!

Least Favourite: Muv-Luv Alternative (it was a little too dark for me)

Favourite Character: Kurugaya Yuiko (because she's sexy)

I mostly enjoy drama/romance/comedy VNs. I really enjoy anything by Key as they always make me cry.

I've started to learn japanese so I can help translate VNs and I also want to help create a western VN in the future.

Thanks for reading :)/>/>

Welcome to the Fuwanovel community. Please make yourself at home and feel free to ask any questions you may have!!

We are really glad to have you. That's an impressive list of classics right there : )

How's the Japanese coming? I'm in the Kanji-stage right now, and while I'm enjoying it, I'm really looking forward to grammar and vocab building.

I've not had a lot of spare time to study it since I've been a university so I've only managed to get about half way through katakana and hiragana. I have learned a few kanji for basics such as common animals, but I'm trying to get my kana down first. I have been using an iOS app called iStart Kana which has been really useful although I haven't been practicing writing at all. I have a lot of spare time today so I think I'm going to brush up so I can progress some more over the weekend.

And I have just been reading the top rated games on VNDB, allow though there have been a few that I have gotten bored while reading so I gave up (Steins;gate and Ever 17).

Hi and welcome!

Awesome that you're reading through Rewrite, I'm doing it too and waiting for next translation, without spoilering do you like it so far? It's one of my all time favorite right now. :)/>/>/>

Key, Type-moon and Nitro+ is my favorite VN creators.

Welcome, to the, DARK side of the moon! Just kidding~~

I am currently learning japanese as well, dedication and years are the most important factors it seems. Being busy alot too, I cut down abit on doing whatever and do study jap about 30 min each day.

I love Key as well, they make amazing vn's. Looking forwards to reading Rewrite which is soon done. (I want the complete translation.)

Welcome!

LB is my favorite VN as well, together with Hoshimemo (check that out).

Also love everything from KEY.

Thank you for the recommendation, I'll be sure to check it out!

Hi and welcome!

Awesome that you're reading through Rewrite, I'm doing it too and waiting for next translation, without spoilering do you like it so far? It's one of my all time favorite right now. :)/>/>/>/>/>

Key, Type-moon and Nitro+ is my favorite VN creators.

I am enjoying rewrite, but probably not as much as Little Busters!. To me it feels like KEY borrowed a few ideas from the type-moon universe and Kotarou drives me insane with his stupidity sometimes (not as bad as Shiki in Tsukihime though). Chihaya was my favourite route and she has become one of my all time favourite characters! I am excited for the release of the Terra, Moon and Oppai Ending routes now :)/>

I am enjoying rewrite, but probably not as much as Little Busters!. To me it feels like KEY borrowed a few ideas from the type-moon universe and Kotarou drives me insane with his stupidity sometimes (not as bad as Shiki in Tsukihime though). Chihaya was my favourite route and she has become one of my all time favourite characters! I am excited for the release of the Terra, Moon and Oppai Ending routes now :)/>/>

We got the same favorite route and character then :)

I actually like the blend of type-moon and Key, it's like the best from both worlds.

Hi Gav, welcome to the forums :D/>

Good luck with learnings Japanese! It's a difficult but fascinating language~ I chose Japanese as my degree just so I could read manga/vn and watch anime without waiting for it to be translated haha XD

Thank you!

My main reason for learning japanese is also just so I don't have to wait for translations :)

For my degree I have chosen to study music technology, maybe one day I'll create a soundtrack for a VN!

Hey you might want to check out this article too, it was how i learnt to read JP (I learnt it JUST so that i can read VNs) http://visualnovelaer.fuwanovel.net/2011/06/how-to-read-visual-novels-in-japanese-in-2-years-time/

sry the site is so ugly atm, trying to fix it...

Wooo, I'm glad you got this post back! I was wanting to link someone to it a while back, and that's when I discovered the blog was gone >.<