Which Visual were you most upset to see end?

Joshuam303

This is how I act towards VNs, too, and this is why seeing Katawa Shoujo end was so, so strange. For two weeks I basically lived at Yamaku by proxy. In fact, I can't see Hisao as a character. I see him as something of a premade avatar, especially due to the fact that I played the game around the same time I found out I have a heart condition (albeit much, MUCH less severe than his) and was about to go to college in another city, another state.

I was really, really immersed, so finishing Shizune's route (the last one I played. Saved the worst for last) left a very bittersweet aftertaste. So much so that I immediately took a second playthrough afterwards. Indeed, Yamaku feels like home to me somehow.

two weeks? is that how long it takes to 100% Katawa Shoujo or was it just from the amount you were playing? (i haven't played it yet)

Kara no Shoujo is the best example of this for me. When I went into this game, I didn't know anything about Innocent Grey's love of cliffhangers. So needless to say, I wasn't exactly thrilled when I read the true end.

In a different sense, I also wanted Muv Luv Alternative to keep going. Not because I loved it, but because I was waiting for the part that would blow me away like it did for everyone else. But it never came, and I thought, "That's it? There's nothing else?"

...I guess that counts, too.

Kara no Shoujo is the best example of this for me. When I went into this game, I didn't know anything about Innocent Grey's love of cliffhangers. So needless to say, I wasn't exactly thrilled when I read the true end.

In a different sense, I also wanted Muv Luv Alternative to keep going. Not because I loved it, but because I was waiting for the part that would blow me away like it did for everyone else. But it never came, and I thought, "That's it? There's nothing else?"

...I guess that counts, too.

i am reading muv-luv alternative the now :) no idea how far i am in (think i am near the end-ish)

Just at the bit where takeru told sumika about his past and world jumping

G-Senjou No Maou was definitely a sad bit for me. So as not to put any spoilers, the ending was spectacular and I wanted more in it. Unfortunately, they only expand one ONE CHARACTER. It was a disappointment not being able to find out about the others and how they fared.

G-Senjou No Maou was definitely a sad bit for me. So as not to put any spoilers, the ending was spectacular and I wanted more in it. Unfortunately, they only expand one ONE CHARACTER. It was a disappointment not being able to find out about the others and how they fared.

agreed it really had an amazing ending i fell into tears at the end but i really wanted a choice for a bad end it would have been interesting to see where it could had led

No, I mean for EVERY ENDING, all the other characters just sort of disappear and at most during the end of Tsubaki's good end you have a message from Haru.

And it's especially bad in the True Rote, and, you know,

ALL THEM CONFESSIONS.

well since the route only focuses on one character it's only natural you'd have less interaction with the others it makes sense if asked me

yeah the confessions,he really was cruel to them but he had to act that way

well since the route only focuses on one character it's only natural you'd have less interaction with the others it makes sense if asked me

yeah the confessions,he really was cruel to them but he had to act that way

No, what I meant was, the True Ending  is basically the harem ending and the Haru ending all in one. So, if I remember correctly, Tsubaki showed up to ask him why he was in jail, then told him about a suspicious mail that contained 50 million yen... The same amount Kyousuke had saved up. She then asks if they can continue to be friends. Kyousuke rejects her. When she comes close to confession, Kyousuke escapes. Then, Kyousuke writes to Iwai telling him to take care of Haru. Afterwards, Kanon-chan appears to ask if you're doing okay. She bursts into tears and tells him about how everyone is insulting him on the News. It's then that he renounces his title as her brother, tells her that her fans are more important than him and walks away. You subsequently receive a mail from Eiichi talking about how he's made Noriko his girlfriend. Lastly, Mizuha came in and told him about how her and Tokita were renting an apartment together, and then Kyousuke asked her why she was there, saying "They weren't even friends". Mizuha asks on Tokita's behalf when Tokita should return his money. He says "When I get out of here, meet me with cash in hand". She then has a breakdown and comes close to confessing, but Kyousuke runs away before it can happen. So, years later, he's finally released from prison. He meets Usami and his new daughter, and that's it. The end. WHAT THE FUCK. WHAT HAPPENED TO TSUBAKI, TO KANON, TO MIZUHA? WHAT HAPPENED TO IWAI, AND HOW DID HE TAKE CARE OF HARU? WHAT ABOUT NORIKO AND EIICHI?

No, what I meant was, the True Ending  is basically the harem ending and the Haru ending all in one. So, if I remember correctly, Tsubaki showed up to ask him why he was in jail, then told him about a suspicious mail that contained 50 million yen... The same amount Kyousuke had saved up. She then asks if they can continue to be friends. Kyousuke rejects her. When she comes close to confession, Kyousuke escapes. Then, Kyousuke writes to Iwai telling him to take care of Haru. Afterwards, Kanon-chan appears to ask if you're doing okay. She bursts into tears and tells him about how everyone is insulting him on the News. It's then that he renounces his title as her brother, tells her that her fans are more important than him and walks away. You subsequently receive a mail from Eiichi talking about how he's made Noriko his girlfriend. Lastly, Mizuha came in and told him about how her and Tokita were renting an apartment together, and then Kyousuke asked her why she was there, saying "They weren't even friends". Mizuha asks on Tokita's behalf when Tokita should return his money. He says "When I get out of here, meet me with cash in hand". She then has a breakdown and comes close to confessing, but Kyousuke runs away before it can happen. So, years later, he's finally released from prison. He meets Usami and his new daughter, and that's it. The end. WHAT THE FUCK. WHAT HAPPENED TO TSUBAKI, TO KANON, TO MIZUHA? WHAT HAPPENED TO IWAI, AND HOW DID HE TAKE CARE OF HARU? WHAT ABOUT NORIKO AND EIICHI?

"tsubaki is now happily married to some random guy,kanon won the gold medal in the Olympics,mizuha is in a yuri relationship with tokita ,iwai is doing something somewhere,usami refused the help offered from iwai,eiichi is a big fat lair"

but i wish i'd known the name of his daughter

"tsubaki is now happily married to some random guy,kanon won the gold medal in the Olympics,mizuha is in a yuri relationship with tokita ,iwai is doing something somewhere,usami refused the help offered from iwai,eiichi is a big fat lair"

but i wish i'd known the name of his daughter

Usami named her daughter after Kyousuke's little sister.

Usami named her daughter after Kyousuke's little sister.

i feel stupid for not realizing that

I meant, actually meeting everyone again, not just some short exposition.

And Tsubaki and Mizuha actually getting in other relationships, well that would be realistic, but it got me really fucking depressed...

Also, how do you know that for sure, DimDito?

come on that ending was perfect they picked the right moment to end the game,it wouldn't be the same if they showed that scene at the end and then told you what happened to the rest of the characters right?,anyhow you could always use your imagination  

Kikokugai: The Cyber Slayer comes to mind.

It definitely had a conclusive ending, but one can never have too much Kong Taoluo.

Probably the most badass character in a VN.

I also wouldn't object to Kara no Shoujo going on for an additional 20 hours.

Visual Novels with true ends to them. Like Sharin no Kuni or G-Senjou no Maou (love this author's creativity). Although if you go on a one heroine, one true route ending you just limit yourself in that respect. What I like about Sharin no Kuni is that it still leaves itself open, and that sequel/fandisc only just made things better for me.