Which Visual were you most upset to see end?

Joshuam303

Hi ! so wondering what visual novels everyone was most sad to see end? for me it was harukoi otome, after completing the Umi route i was devastated to see there was no sequel it has always been one of my favorite visuals :( so what about everyone else's? :)

Rewrite. It's always been my favorite VN and always will be, but Harvest Festa was just for the moe.

And let us not forget the tragic demise of Zero Escape, 999 being one of the greatest games of all time, VLR being lackluster and depressing as it was.

Rewrite. It's always been my favorite VN and always will be, but Harvest Festa was just for the moe.

Haven't seen them.

And let us not forget the tragic demise of Zero Escape, 999 being one of the greatest games of all time, VLR being lackluster and depressing as it was.

Haven't seen those either :o my game base is mainly eroges (as bad as it may sound) but i have others , but 999 is one i am planning on reading (its on my to read list) :)

Muv-Luv Alternative, definitely. The plot is great, it's epic, midway in the game I just couldn't stop reading. And then it pulls off that excuse for an ending on me, truly disappointing.

Ah! i am on unlimited the now, but very excited to read it after how people speak about it :D 

Phenomeno. It's a very short horror VN that seemed somewhat nice (not one of the best nor one of the worst), but it ended in a cliffhanger of sorts. It really was a pity, I was liking it when I first read it. Oh well.

Otherwise, I generally like the length of the VNs- stories are meant to have an end, after all. Someone talked about muv luv alter above, but to me the ending of that one was more than fine.

Umineko, MLA, Rewrite, Sharin no Kuni, G-Senjou no Maou for me. all of these I wish could have been  longer.

Haven't read any of those, but i understand your problem :) there is many visual novels i feel the same about, ef a fairy tale of two had 4 stories, but each one was small and it saddened me because each one was a good read and i wanted it to continue or at least be a bit longer  <_<

1 Steins;Gate

Something of a guilty conscience. It was an amazing visual novel (and a short one at that) with so much substance, and though I know making it longer would drag out the story and spoil the golden apple, I still selfishly wish there was more to see. It's one of those "it's good that it ended but I didn't want it to end" kind of things.

2 Kara no Shoujo

Innocent Grey has a ridiculous habit of cliffhanger endings. I was upset because I sort of saw it coming and couldn't do anything about it, once it hit me I was left with a huge desire to read more but the sequel is far from translated.

I felt a void when I finished reading Rewrite. I spent so much time reading it, getting invested and attached to the plot and characters. When it ended, I just felt like there's an empty space in my heart. Rewrite is, and will always be, my all time favorite VN. The only other VN that came close to giving me the same feeling is Symphonic Rain.

It might be Aiyoku no Eustia. Having spent a bit over 100 hours reading. Being used to sitting in the middle of the setting, and watching characters wrangle while the situation slowly but surely develops, the withdrawal was severe.

The sudden change in the protagonist, lack of interaction with the true heroine, and lack of complexity with regards to circumstances surrounding her and what she does. While I later could accept how the first point fits in to the novel, at the time, together, it felt like a sinking pit in my stomach even before the novel ended.

I felt a void when I finished reading Rewrite. I spent so much time reading it, getting invested and attached to the plot and characters. When it ended, I just felt like there's an empty space in my heart. Rewrite is, and will always be, my all time favorite VN. The only other VN that came close to giving me the same feeling is Symphonic Rain.

I agree with this. The ending didn't feel right to many people but for me it is the best type of ending. I love stuff that can bring out my emotions and when rewrite ended, it was an amazing bittersweet ending that felt complete. It was both sad and hopeful at the same time. There are many other VNs I didn't want to see end but the last scene gave everything the ok. It just that the way rewrite ended in such a superb way in my opinion made my upset that it ended.

Swan Song, holy **** was that a disturbing VN. Would have liked to see if things ever got better and to what extent.

...Have you seen the true end yet?

1 Steins;Gate

Something of a guilty conscience. It was an amazing visual novel (and a short one at that) with so much substance, and though I know making it longer would drag out the story and spoil the golden apple, I still selfishly wish there was more to see. It's one of those "it's good that it ended but I didn't want it to end" kind of things.

According to all competent sources, Robotics;Notes is the de facto sequel to Steins;Gate, just like Chaos;Head is the de facto prequel. However, there is talk of a new game coming out soon.

Steins;Gate

I would have liked to see how things worked out after Okabe entered the Steins;Gate timeline and if there were any remnants of his past to show up concerning SERN.

Well, they have something like that in Steins;Gate 8-bit. I'm not gonna spoil any more for you, just play the damn game.

Grisaia,it lasted me 20 days and is long enough but still i liked the writing so much xD almost felt like reading a book a times (props to the translator here too!)

I read somewhere that there was an untranslated sequel...?

I read somewhere that there was an untranslated sequel...?

Its a trilogy actually. Grisaia no Kajitsu, Grisaia no Meikyuu, and Grisaia no Rakuen. Meikyuu is being translated by the same group that did Kajitsu, though its on hold since they are involved in an official release of Kajitsu now I think.

Muv-Luv Alternative, definitely. The plot is great, it's epic, midway in the game I just couldn't stop reading. And then it pulls off that excuse for an ending on me, truly disappointing.

Seconded. Also, I didn't want Fate/Stay Night to end. :/ Saber-chan! :(

Ah! i am on unlimited the now, but very excited to read it after how people speak about it :D

I hope you're prepared to be broken. >_>