Never 7

Snowtsuku

I'm having this issue as well, and I just joined this forum so that I could help get it fixed, so please pardon my newness.

I used the tool Dependency Walker to examine the file Never7_English_OGG.exe was the file that was looking for SoundServer.dll, which I verified. I tested it in my Windows 7 32-bit virtual machine install and in my Windows 7 64-bit laptop install, and both failed to work citing the lack of SoundServer.dll. I believe I have all Windows updates installed, but I'll have to check to make sure. At the very least, my updates are more than current compared to the time at which the Never7 torrent seems to have been uploaded.

I finally checked the file list for the Fuwanovel Never7 torrent to make sure there wasn't a SoundServer.dll file that somehow eluded download, but I can't find it. I also googled far and wide for any information on that DLL but I couldn't really figure out what it is, whether it's part of Never7, part of the TL patch, or part of Windows or some kind of Windows add-on, or anything of the sort.

Obviously, the people who said they are running it without problems either have the SoundServer.dll file on their system, somewhere, somehow, or they have a Never7_English_OGG.exe file that doesn't depend on SoundServer.dll. It'd be helpful to figure out which of those it is, and verify that they obtained the Fuwanovel Never7 release from the torrent on Fuwanovel's site, and that the filelist doesn't contain SoundServer.dll.

Sigh, I just realized I should have taken a look at the original patch on TLWiki first. The original patch contains a file SoundServer.dll which is extracted into the Never7 directory...I tried copying that file out of the patch and sticking it in the directory and now everything works seems to work just fine, with BGM and all. So it's probably that the problem was that the torrent lacked the file for some reason.

If it was the case that this file was supposed to be there but is missing, then the torrent link on Fuwanovel should be replaced with one that is fixed. In the meantime, for SnowPoke and SolidBatman and anyone else reading this who's having this problem, you'll have to download SoundServer.dll and drop it into the Never7 directory. I put the file on my Dropbox public folder for now but I'll take it down when the Fuwanovel admins fix the torrent.

Sigh, I just realized I should have taken a look at the original patch on TLWiki first. The original patch contains a file SoundServer.dll which is extracted into the Never7 directory...I tried copying that file out of the patch and sticking it in the directory and now everything works seems to work just fine, with BGM and all. So it's probably that the problem was that the torrent lacked the file for some reason.

If it was the case that this file was supposed to be there but is missing, then the torrent link on Fuwanovel should be replaced with one that is fixed. In the meantime, for SnowPoke and SolidBatman and anyone else reading this who's having this problem, you'll have to download SoundServer.dll and drop it into the Never7 directory. I put the file on my Dropbox public folder for now but I'll take it down when the Fuwanovel admins fix the torrent.

It finally works. Thanks (:

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, my Ever 17 always not responding when i launch the application, does anyone know how to fix this, and about the soundserver.dll, just copy on the first page of the directory?or inside manual/movie

details of the error:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: ever17PC_us.exe

Application Version: 1.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 429529fa

Fault Module Name: ever17PC_us.exe

Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 429529fa

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0000f008

OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: f483

Additional Information 2: 4122835b1c7a5b50003ac003a80f19e6

Additional Information 3: 3e65

Additional Information 4: 32981b575cc4d6a73403a741684566ce

btw, I'm using Window 7 Ultimate

Sorry SnowPoke, suddenly i realize that you guys are talking about Never 7 not Ever 17, btw do u have problem when playing Ever 17?

So, to make this clear, you're having trouble with Ever17? Would you mind starting a new thread here with details about the problem? Also - always try restarting your computer and playing in Japanese region.

Sorry SnowPoke, suddenly i realize that you guys are talking about Never 7 not Ever 17, btw do u have problem when playing Ever 17?

I don't have any troubles with it, but I did not get my copy from Fuwa since I downloaded mine before I joined here. I am on windows 7 home premium x64

• 1 month later...

Sorry to make my own thread and bump this one, not sure which I should have done.

My copy of Never7 is telling me that it can't find the file "chara.dat" even though the file is in the never7 directory exactly where it's looking.

Can anyone help?

Sorry to make my own thread and bump this one, not sure which I should have done.

My copy of Never7 is telling me that it can't find the file "chara.dat" even though the file is in the never7 directory exactly where it's looking.

Can anyone help?

deleted other topic since this topic already exists.

Will look into your problem

Hey Quad, if you use Utorrent, you can re-download the torrent and just uncheck everything except the chara.dat file and re-download it.

Or you can make it do a force recheck, making utorrent recheck all the files you downloaded. If you want you can delete the chara.dat and re-download the torrent to the exact location which would only add the file you deleted.

Let me know if that dont work.

I'm using Torch, and it seems pretty limited. I don't seem to be able to choose a specific file. :/

EDIT: Is the PSP version translated anywhere? It would be a lot more convenient for me.

Get utorrent. Its better because you can pick what files you want to download. However, the choice is yours you can always delete it and re-download the torrent again.

Get utorrent. Its better because you can pick what files you want to download. However, the choice is yours you can always delete it and re-download the torrent again.

Yeah, I did that.. And now it says BG.dat is missing.

O_O

-hmm, maybe your Anti Virus is getting a false positive. In which case you might wanna disable it to re-download the files you need.

Seconded. Check your antivirus. It may just be quarantined and you don't need to redownload.

I don't have any antivirus on this computer.. :/

:blink:/>

um first thing i recommend is GO GET AN ANTI VIRUS and make sure you don't have Virus's on your computer. Always make sure you computer is protected. That could be why your having issues.