It's A Pleasure to Meet You All!

DavidA.

Hello, everyone! It's nice to meet you! 

I'm a little new to these types of forums, so I'd like to share with you how I got into visual novels and a little about myself. I apologize if it's a little long. ^^'

So, It began when my siblings had introduced me to a genre called 'anime'. I didn't know what it was at the time (I didn't even know how to pronounce it correctly). So after watching a few shows, I found it really interesting. Then I realized that all of the shows I used to watch as a kid like Dragon Ball, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon, were all anime. A few months later, I came across Angel Beats! I was so moved by the story that it made me see the world in a whole new perspective. 

Soon after (because of my introduction to anime), I discovered the wonders of visual novels. The first one I came across was Katawa Shoujo. And of course, I thought it was amazing. I later learned that a group of amateurs had developed the game, and it got me thinking, "I want to inspire others like these stories had inspired me; to learn the lessons I've learned from them; and make a positive impact on others lives." So I began writing.

Somehow, I got it stuck in my head that I could create a visual novel all on my own – from the art, to the music, the writing, and the programming. After a few 'meh' sketches, a couple of original piano tracks, and days of attempting to understand coding, I realized that it was too big of a task for me at that moment.

Somehow by chance, I came across Fallen Snow Studios. They were looking for a writer for a visual novel they were creating called Lucid9, and I jumped at the chance. And now here I am, a writer for an amature visual novel. 

A lot has happened that lead me to where I am, but if I wrote it all here, might as well do an autobiography. ^^'

I hope you all can welcome me here, and I look forward to meeting everyone. ^_^

~ David

Hello, everyone! It's nice to meet you! 

I'm a little new to these types of forums, so I'd like to share with you how I got into visual novels and a little about myself. I apologize if it's a little long. ^^'

So, It began when my siblings had introduced me to a genre called 'anime'. I didn't know what it was at the time (I didn't even know how to pronounce it correctly). So after watching a few shows, I found it really interesting. Then I realized that all of the shows I used to watch as a kid like Dragon Ball, Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon, were all anime. A few months later, I came across Angel Beats! I was so moved by the story that it made me see the world in a whole new perspective. 

Soon after (because of my introduction to anime), I discovered the wonders of visual novels. The first one I came across was Katawa Shoujo. And of course, I thought it was amazing. I later learned that a group of amateurs had developed the game, and it got me thinking, "I want to inspire others like these stories had inspired me; to learn the lessons I've learned from them; and make a positive impact on others lives." So I began writing.

Somehow, I got it stuck in my head that I could create a visual novel all on my own – from the art, to the music, the writing, and the programming. After a few 'meh' sketches, a couple of original piano tracks, and days of attempting to understand coding, I realized that it was too big of a task for me at that moment.

Somehow by chance, I came across Fallen Snow Studios. They were looking for a writer for a visual novel they were creating called Lucid9, and I jumped at the chance. And now here I am, a writer for an amature visual novel. 

A lot has happened that lead me to where I am, but if I wrote it all here, might as well do an autobiography. ^^'

I hope you all can welcome me here, and I look forward to meeting everyone. ^_^

~ David

Welcome :D Hope the visual novel turns out to be awesome :P

May I inquire to what Lucid9 is about?

Sure you may. ^^ I can provide you with the synopsis. If you would like to learn more about the project, you can see our blog. The link should be in my signature. There you can see some of the art, music, and updates of our progress. 

Synopsis:

Yama Ishimoto is enjoying his last year of high school with his longtime friend, Rui Haward, an energetic and somewhat serious young girl who sometimes finds it difficult to express her true feelings. Recently joined by the burly Masato Kurogane and the moronic Yahiko Ikari, this dynamic group of friends breeze through school, their life filled with hilarious antics and hijinks.

Contrasting their joyous lifestyle, an inexplicable series of murders in the city begins acquiring greater attention as the body count steadily rises. At first, Yama chooses to simply ignore these morbid incidents, but the unpredictability of fate, or rather an eccentric freelance detective, forces him at the forefront of the murder investigation.

What will Yama uncover . . . ?

Genre:
Our VN will have a common route centered around Comedy, Slice of Life, and gradually Mystery, while heroine routes will be heavily centered on Mystery, Drama and Romance.

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!

What's your favourite VN?

I'm a bit new to visual novels so I haven't read a lot, but I've read Katawa Shoujo, a few other amateur visual novels like Sephia Tears, a little of Clannad (need to finish that ^^), and I'm reading Rewrite at the moment. 

I'm a bit new to visual novels so I haven't read a lot, but I've read Katawa Shoujo, a few other amateur visual novels like Sephia Tears, a little of Clannad (need to finish that ^^), and I'm reading Rewrite at the moment. 

You should try Grisaia no Kajitsu, or Harukoi Otome when you get a chance :)