Sekai Project Official Grisaia Translation?

douggle

People trust Kickstarter. There's are other crowdfunding sites but even when marketed in the same manner, the projects there aren't as popular. Somehow, people feel more comfortable backing a project on Kickstarter than Indiegogo.

Can't they just make a page where people could give money and see the perks there?

Can't they just make a page where people could give money and see the perks there?

They can, but again, it runs into the same issue of trust, but it will be even more pronounced. Especially for a small company like Sekai Project. And that takes money and engineering and such to set up. 

I for one have never faulted Sekai Project for any of this and I really do appreciate everything they are trying to do. The problems have been on Frontwing and Kickstarter's end although funny enough kickstarter just proved that Frontwing's fear's were not unfounded.

I'll admit that Sekai Project and Frontwing have been somewhat vindicated here.  The promise of including the 18+ version as part of the Kickstarter campaign was doomed from the start.  My point still stands: it's pretty pointless to fund a project that wasn't established to produce the product I'm looking for.  Sekai Project isn't to blame so much as the funding platform itself.  Crowdfunding professional eroge just isn't viable at this point (just as Mangagamer has said all along).  I'll give Sekai Project kudos for trying, but until they actually produce a product I'm looking for, I'll watch from the sidelines.

From what the twitter comments of a few people are saying they didn't even look at it or get back to anyone. They just forcibly without comment got rid of it. Kickstarter is definitely not the platform for funding/backing visual novels. I hope they put the stuff that was removed as potential bonus items that people can buy via the website (maybe have a limited amount or something or keep it stocked) they could probably make quite a bit of money doing that. 

Actually paypal and patreon is having a major issue right now with adult content as well and is definitely not the venue to go for that either. Nice to know they got back...unfortunate that they are still all a bunch of hypocrites. 

Kickstarter's a multi-million dollar business, hypocrisy is almost a pre-requisite for these entities. At the end of the day Sekai needs Kickstarter more than Kickstarter needs Sekai, Kickstarter's visibility and outreach is a massive boon for Sekai right now. So Sekai will just have to take the hit and continue.

Im almost certain it's because it's a Japanese based product

If that was meant in reply about PayPal and adult content, that's not true. One of the (western) games I fund on Patreon does so because of complications with PayPal regarding adult content.