Sekai Project Official Grisaia Translation?

douggle

Someone please explain to me what is going on with the kick start because all I see is Grisaia no Kajitsu, but not the other two games, as a kick start. I don't understand these people. They want 40K to cover the costs of Japanese voices? Basically they have to pay the "fee" to the licensing company, am I correct?

So if we hit the 120K we get all 3 games? Because getting Grisaia no Kajitsu at this point is MEANINGLESS without the other two untranslated games. And they're all digital releases. No physical copy of the actual games.

But I'm going to through out one positive comment ... About damn time. All games will be 18+, uncut. Make that shit happen.

Edit - Oh shit, nevermind. 200-300 USD for the PHYSICAL copy of all three games the same as the Japanese releases! Hell fucking yeah. I'm sold. Take my money. Now! And only the Physical copies will content 18+ uncut!

The initial 40k also covers the cost of another editing pass, translating new scenes, and whatever other business stuff is related to releasing games. And for whatever reason they're buying the voices for the entire trilogy instead of per-game, which is part of that 40k cost. Then there's also reward production and shipment to worry about (there are a lot of physical goods including body pillows, physical copies of the games, tshirts, soundtracks, art books, and so on).

Also there will be digital versions of the 18+ releases. They're saying that the physical versions will only be 18+.

The initial 40k also covers the cost of another editing pass, translating new scenes, and whatever other business stuff is related to releasing games. And for whatever reason they're buying the voices for the entire trilogy instead of per-game, which is part of that 40k cost. Then there's also reward production and shipment to worry about (there are a lot of physical goods including body pillows, physical copies of the games, tshirts, soundtracks, art books, and so on).

Also there will be digital versions of the 18+ releases. They're saying that the physical versions will only be 18+.

I'm cool with that. I want the physical edition.

Koestl said on Reddit that he expects the kickstarter to go live some time in November. Here's hoping the anime doesn't completely bomb by then for their sakes. Kind of amusing how in some ways the campaign's degree of success is determined by how good or bad the anime adaptation is, which is obviously completely outside their control. I'm sure they'll reach a pretty good amount either way, but it still must be nerve-wracking.  

I'm a bit surprised that one of Grisaia's writers also worked on Draculius... though I probably shouldn't be, seeing how good that VN was, despite being relatively easy to read for beginners.

I'm actually surprised you didn't know that seeing as both are on your top 50. I've actually been playing Draculius on and off (off because I don't really like Lian) and...I can see why that would be a surprise as the only thing the two have in common is you can kind of see Misao as a sort of proto-Michiru

I really, REALLY want the hard copies more than anything else, but $200-300 for a collector's box set as the ONLY means of getting them?

Looks like it'll be the disappointment of not getting the Steins;Gate LE times 3, for me. -_-

They say that if there is enough demand they might make regular physical editions as well. 200$ is not that expensive for 3 VNs though, that's like 65 per VN! I bought Aiyoku no Eustia last week (haven't had it shipped yet though) and that cost more than that despite it being the regular edition and being on sale. 300$ may be kinda expensive, though that depends on what bonuses are included I guess.

They say that if there is enough demand they might make regular physical editions as well. 200$ is not that expensive for 3 VNs though, that's like 65 per VN! I bought Aiyoku no Eustia last week (haven't had it shipped yet though) and that cost more than that despite it being the regular edition and being on sale. 300$ may be kinda expensive, though that depends on what bonuses are included I guess.

Hows this going to work? I went to the page and saw no kickstarter meter or whatever they are called...

Prefundia is a sort of advance announcement to raise awareness. The actual kickstarter will start later (I think November was mentioned somewhere? But don't quote me on it)

(I have no idea how the code for that copy and paste works. From prefundia:)

Prefundia is a sort of advance announcement to raise awareness. The actual kickstarter will start later (I think November was mentioned somewhere? But don't quote me on it)

Cheesy12  19 hours ago

Do we have a date for the kickstarter? I tend to forget these things quickly; also you should let the game news outlets know in some way, there are tons of potential kickstartees(?) that just need the knowledge of this games existence(the kickstarter that is).

Sekai Project  Cheesy12  19 hours ago

It will be in November. If you sign up to this page it'll send you a email when we have the campaign live on Kickstarter