XBlaze Code: Embryo anyone play it?

sion12

i wonder if this game is any good. consider it is base on a fighting game i am really sceptical about this

PS. is there any new  VNs that  is generally consider as Kamige? seems like the last ultra popular vn release is Steins gate which is like 5 year ago

In English or Japanese?  In Japanese, I can name two from last year that are both kamige and have wide appeal... if you let me run with my favorite types, I can add two more, from my chuuni list, lol.

I own the game. It's a pretty good story. Doesn't really seem too related to the story of Blazblue despite being set 100 years or so before Calamity Trigger. Although it does explain where drives come from.

All in all it's worth looking at. Instead of making choices to get on the route you want, you read articles that appear on an in-game device called the " Toi system."  Depending on which articles you choose to read, you'll see events with certain characters. Likewise if you don't read certain articles you won't see those events. It all determines which route you get on, and ultimately which ending you get.

So far i've only got 1 ending, but I enjoyed the story to this point. Basically if you enjoy the story in blazblue games you'll enjoy the story in Xblaze.

@Clephas japanese is fine trying to learn japanese through VN. but that remind me of Soukou Akki Muramasa and Tokyo Babel, both awsome but it doesnt seem that popular?

so what happen if you read all article? i never played any blazeblue game( although i got one on Vita) would you still recommend to read the VN?

Yeah, i'd recommend the story if your looking for a vita game with a good story. You don't necessarily need to know anything about Blazblue to play xblaze but it might be more interesting if you play a little of the Blazblue story first. I suggest downloading the demo, I did so before buying the game and it helped my decision to purchase the game.

I'm not sure what happens if you read every article. I skipped a few here and there and I got Hinata's ending. (your childhood friend)

I think i'll try that on my next playthrough...

So there is actual romantic routes? I wasn't sure if it was like a visual novel with just different endings but not character specific or if it was like Fate/stay night where there are routes but the romance kind of goes on the side lines for the main plot.

Sorry if that was confusing.

Does anyone know how many routes there are if so?

I finished all the routes just yesterday with exception to the gag route and I gotta say, I was enjoying the stories quite a lot but I have 1 major complaint. They just kinda... end. I know it sounds weird but it's like they wrote 3/4 of the story and forgot they had to end the story so they made it so within 2 or 3 scenes the game is over. Not to mention there was only 1 ending I'd consider truly happy. The rest are all downer endings, which left me with a bit of a bad taste in my mouth at the end.

Kuon - Route spoilers so beware obviously

Ok sealed my brother away. BTW I love you Toya and I'm going blind and god knows what else will happen to me soon. Hey we're on a boat!

Mei

I sealed away your powers and had to become a Union to do so, so that means I'm dying and i'll vanish eventually. We're going on a trip together before I die!

Hinata

Everyone you were friends with is now dead. Also you failed to help me. Here, I'll just turn back time for you and alter events so we stay together forever, seemingly without Akira trying to snatch my cute glasses wearing arse away

Es

Now I am the dead. Blarg. Oh wait ghost Hinata gave me... something and I'm back alive, only now we can never be together while you are alive. Sucks to be you. Lol off you go to live without any knowledge that any of this happened, rendering the whole game moot.

Totally threw me out of the story since there was little build up to the characters becoming attached to each other in my eyes. The true route is somewhat exempt from this since they did a decent job with it but everyone else. Shame since it had a pretty decent story and I liked the characters only to feel let down at the end. However on the plus side due to an error on my part I ended up with 2 copies of the game. That'll teach me to forget I pre-ordered. Now to work out what the hell to do with this second one...