Fan Translating Time Travelers VN (Level-5)

zakobot

Hello Fuwanovel peeps!

Long time lurker, second time poster. Just thought I'd shamelessly plug myself in the Introduce Yourself forum and hope that it's not too spammy for you guys.

I've translated the entire game (33 episodes) of Time Travelers (about 10 hours worth of gameplay).

The story is one of the most enjoyable stories I have ever come across in a game. Game stories usually involve very little imagination and could be summed in up a sentence or two. This game could be adapted into a TV show similar to Lost/Flash forward very easily and be successful.

33 episode playlist: If you can't see the captions please watch on youtube's site and click the *captions icon @ the bottom right

Feel free to leave any comments or feedback! 

2 questions if I may.

#1 Are you making only web/youtube translation or will you be making a eng patch.

# 2 If you do plan on making a patch witch version will it be? Will it be a PSP one?

2 questions if I may.

#1 Are you making only web/youtube translation or will you be making a eng patch.

# 2 If you do plan on making a patch witch version will it be? Will it be a PSP one?

#1 & 2 I'm not making a patch unfortunately as I lack the technical skills. :(

Seems like a pretty interesting game, although the subs were really small so I just ignored them after a bit. 

The really fast time travel mumbo jumbo at the beginning is something about using some new seven cylinders thingy and some lasers rotating in a spiral, and being able to measure something about a black hole using gravity or something like that, and that it may be possible to be able to see Hado energy(I'm not sure what this is, I googled it and it said something about the vibrations of things, so I assumed string theory, although I don't know how close it sticks to that). 

Curious about the rest of the game, the beginning felt really rushed and I don't understand what the hell happened since it's kind of random. 

Seems like a pretty interesting game, although the subs were really small so I just ignored them after a bit. 

The really fast time travel mumbo jumbo at the beginning is something about using some new seven cylinders thingy and some lasers rotating in a spiral, and being able to measure something about a black hole using gravity or something like that, and that it may be possible to be able to see Hado energy(I'm not sure what this is, I googled it and it said something about the vibrations of things, so I assumed string theory, although I don't know how close it sticks to that). 

Curious about the rest of the game, the beginning felt really rushed and I don't understand what the hell happened since it's kind of random. 

Thanks for explaining. It was really too fast and technical for me! The intro is fast paced but the other episodes aren't as rushed. It's partially a mystery-themed game so I guess they wouldn't explain everything from the start.

I'd be more interested if I could figure out how to turn on captions for the video. YouTube updates are bad.

Sorry I didn't realize it wasn't obvious when embedded in my post. Just click on the "Watch on youtube" button, and you'll see the second icon on the bottom right (looks like an envelope) to turn on captions.

Ohh, I'm about to play Time Travelers. I'll definitely watch what you've got done so far, saves me from having to figure out myself until I have to :D yay! I'll subscribe to your channel too.

Welcome~ and thank you for your work!

Good luck with your pet project, zakobot! I've already subscribed to your Youtube channel, mainly because I find Time Travelers so intriguing :D

Thanks! It's great to see there are people out there still interested in this game :D

Well, the fact that it's untranslated may mean either it was underrated or it was so hard translators quit.

There's a lot wrong with this statement. 

@MetalUpa

From what I could tell from the clip, the japanese used is pretty basic except when they're talking about science things, in which case you'll be pretty lost unless you have a good grasp of the language. I wouldn't recommend it as a beginner VN simply due to the fact it includes Science, but it doesn't seem ridiculously complicated. 

Well, the fact that it's untranslated may mean either it was underrated or it was so hard translators quit.

The game did not sell well in Japan when it was released. I guess Level-5 did not want to spend money localizing based on their poor sales results. The game itself scored 36/40 (relatively high scores) on Famitsu.

http://andriasang.com/con1sa/famitsu_scores/

Hello there, welcome back to fuwanovel  ;)

This seems very interesting, but I'd rather read for myself with my own pace. You can recruit someone to do the patching for you, fuwa is home to many amazing people and I'm sure someone would gladly help. I wish you good luck in everything you are and will be working on, though I'll be selfishly expecting a patch instead.  :lol:

Enjoy the forums and see you around~