I'm at a lost for words... (HuniePop discussion)

sarayne

This was my expression watching it  :blink: .  But then I did burst out laughing with all the foul language they were using. In only a couple seconds too.

I don't think I would be able to take this game seriously. Those girl's aren't lovable at all.

It's sad to say, but dating sims are a genre where the West has the Japanese beat.  There's hardly any Japanese dating sims to begin with, and only a handful that are any good.  I just gave up on Kakyusei 2 by Elf.  Elf's games usually impress me, but this one was barely playable due to the obtuse event triggers and random encounter-like system.  The only remarkable 18+ Japanese dating sim I've come across is True Love; and it's definitely not for lack of looking.  While the Lovely Cation series seems to top the VNDB ratings, the system in the first game of the series is so simplistic it's hard to even call it a dating sim.  Maybe if Softhouse Chara threw their hat into the arena something decent would come out...

Wow, that was unexpected.

At least it's different ... and more realistic I guess ?

I still wonder if it's the effect of the english dubbing ... ? Every language has a different tone after all.

Maybe ... I have no idea if that actually had an influence.

But I personnally found that funny and it piqued my interest.

However I strongly doubt i'll go for the pink haired chick's route. What a b**** ^^

• 6 months later...

Am i allowed to say the game's pretty fun?

The clip from the OP happens when you meet Audrey for the first time, her personality is basically "i'm better than you", but honestly that's just one of the personalities the game has to offer.

Surprisingly enough i succeeded on her date out of 6 dates so far.

And you can actually play as a female in this game and the girls' Sexual orientation changes to go with it. Pretty nifty 0 penis~

Audrey is easily the best character in the game. "Aw, did I hurt your whore feelings?"

I completed Beli first though, working on Kyu and Audrey simultaneously now. Fun game, definitely worth 10 bucks. Wish quests didn't get canned. 

So you can date multiple girls at once? That makes it easier :P

Yep. She becomes available once you've completed your first sex scene.

As far as I can tell, it's all one big playthrough. You can pursue all 9 girls on one file. Once you get past the intro, it's basically collecting all the images, outfits, hairstyles, and giving each girl all the gifts.

Please protect the sanctity of the one true vn. Or at the very least create a seperate genre for whatever... that... was...

Real life bitch simulater 2000 maybe...

So, this is an actual genre - "Dating Sim". It's not, nor does it pretend to be, a Visual Novel. There are some overlaps between the fan bases, but Dating Sims are absolutely games where VN's are usually not. 

That being said, I bought this game and I really like it so far - and yes, I have to admit that the most of the reason why is because it's hella cheap (8 dollars on steam right now, 10 dollars for R18 version on manga gamer). 

My impressions:

• The art style is really good.
  • The game play isn't too bad. It gets progressively challenging as you close in on a girl.
  • It has anti-cheating built into it so you have to remember the (I think random??) things the girls tell you about themselves.
  • Has some RPG elements which is nice as well.
  • The voice acting is surprisingly good.
  • As other people have noted - some of the dialog is fucking hysterical. 
  • Again... the value. The price here is amazingly cheap for the production values. In terms of presentation this game punches above its weight.

I haven't tried the Yuri stuff yet - does it change the sex scenes? 

After I bitched about the game yesterday. Started to play it and cleared 3 girls. Sadly I then slept 3 hours and here I am at work dieing of exhaustion.

It should be noted that it's really o oh Audrey that talks like that and most of the others are classic tropes and dialogue which was a bonus for me.

There a couple of secret characters apparently, but you need to fill up characters collections and unlock hair and clothing styles.

Only 4 CG per character is my only negative point.

Note: if you want to cheat. Their website has completed profiles on it. I only found this after completing all the dialogue sadly :(