I'm at a lost for words... (HuniePop discussion)

sarayne

Uhhhh...who would pay money for this?  The art is great, but God, the VOs and writing...it's almost as bad as a soap opera.  I just can't listen to it without trying to pretend it's a bad dream.  Is there even one line without "skank", "whore", "bitch", or massive amounts of sarcasm in it?

I thought everyone spoke like that. Am I the only one? =(

Well, if I'd enter in the little "where should I put my money on", I'd say that a person who works hard, everyday, to make a novel, a movie, and a VN MUST be payed, since it's just like every fuwa's members work. Buuuut, I won't say that because it's not relevant.

No, but seriously. Such ruckus because of... language? I could at least laugh with this, something most Japanese VN humour doesn't even get close to do with boke-tsukkomi jokes.

Hearing harsh languange over and over and over and over again kinda gets on my nerves.  I can handle a moderate amount of it, but pass the limit and it just seems gratuitous and crude.  That's why even games like Saints Row III, Borderlands, and GTA don't have swears in every sentence.  It also makes it lose its impact if it's repeated multiple times in a short time span.

These types of scenes in Japanese games are pretty fucking dumb as well, it's not exactly a western thing. I remember playing one the other day and it's just as dumb in japanese, although it might be translated in to english that doesn't sound that bad due to language differences.  

I feel this scene was an excuse to say "whore" on screen as many times as they possibly could. Or maybe it was to show the loving friendship of girls everywhere.

I would also like to point out the top suggested video after watching this is THE GREATEST, GREATEST, GREATEST ANIME DUB EVER.

The music is nice.

Hearing harsh languange over and over and over and over again kinda gets on my nerves.  I can handle a moderate amount of it, but pass the limit and it just seems gratuitous and crude.  That's why even games like Saints Row III, Borderlands, and GTA don't have swears in every sentence.  It also makes it lose its impact if it's repeated multiple times in a short time span.

But it'd still be as funny as hell

This is what the dub version of Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai sounds like

Wow...

I finally understand how non-japanese, non-VN-fans must feel like when confronted

with moe culture.

Which means there must surely be some people who like this sort of thing.

:( 

This is how they feel

Lolwut; it's not just satire?

I think they are actually trying to be serious. But then, who doesn't.

No matter what type of work you write, there's a certain degree of quality involved in the process; no one will treat you seriously, otherwise. I really hope that's the case with this game - that devs actually never wanted to be treated seriously right from the very beggining. I also hope it will remain like this.

I think they are actually trying to be serious. But then, who doesn't.

No matter what type of work you write, there's a certain degree of quality involved in the process; no one will treat you seriously, otherwise. I really hope that's the case with this game - that devs actually never wanted to be treated seriously right from the very beggining. I also hope it will remain like this.

I sure hope so. I sure do...