I'm at a lost for words... (HuniePop discussion)

sarayne

Gotta give Huniepop staff some credit. Their game might be considered lolwtfisthis by many people but they are quite interactive and post a lot of updates and stuff all the time. I wish all devs are like these and not some antisocial greedy scumbags.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know how to feel about this, honestly. I feel like Beli being in this game goes completely against her character. Also, this looks absolutely nothing like Beli aside from the swimsuit. https://twitter.com/HuniePotDev/status/659212080600522752

Also HuniePot never ceases to destroy my sides https://twitter.com/HuniePotDev/status/659216330411917312

Edited by Mugi

I don't know how to feel about this, honestly. I feel like Beli being in this game goes completely against her character. Also, this looks absolutely nothing like Beli aside from the swimsuit. https://twitter.com/HuniePotDev/status/659212080600522752

Yeah, it's stated quite clearly in the first one that she feel quite uncomfortable with flaunting herself publicly so... Dunno. Perhaps this is set 2 years on from Huniepop or something, and she's become somewhat more... confident?

Still not set on the art either.

Yeah, it's stated quite clearly in the first one that she feel quite uncomfortable with flaunting herself publicly so... Dunno. Perhaps this is set 2 years on from Huniepop or something, and she's become somewhat more... confident?

Still not set on the art either.

Well we already know this is set after Huniepop, and basically the only reason most of the girls from the first game started camming was because they all figured out the guy was sleeping with like 9 other girls lol. I still don't think that it fits for Beli to be in here though. Also i'm okay with the art, but when the art starts ruining how the character is supposed to look..then I have a problem.

I'm really having difficulty getting past that new art style. Jesus Christ, mate, what the hell was wrong with the old style? And which failure of a Haruspex guided the devs onto this new path with the promise of even more riches? Whoever it was, those devs should stop visiting him!

They just wanted to try something new, I guess? I will miss the old art style, but i'm getting used to this one. I'd like to see some more gameplay or something though, and i'd also like to have them change a couple character designs (Beli, in particular) to make them look more how they should.

Man the artstyle is still so on the fence for me, but hey I'll take as much femdom as I can get.

Yay more femdom. Thats what we were missing!!! Oh wait, isnt Audrey one?

Well, if you consider being called "bitch" over and over to be femdom, I guess so.
Either way Audrey still best gril.

She constantly verbally abuses you and has a really powerful personality so yeah I kinda consider her one, although not a hardcore femdom than lets say Plutia from Neptunia series.

They just wanted to try something new, I guess? 

When I feel like trying something new, and different, what I don’t do is paint the words ‘free love’ on my stomach and walk down the street wearing nothing at all. Because even though it IS new, and it IS different, that doesn’t mean it’s at all advisable, or appropriate, or good in any way.

Teenagers repeat this phrase a lot, usually right after doing something monumentally stupid during their eternal hunt for new experiences. Every poll the Hunie devs have taken has shown their new artstyle just isn't liked, and they continue to ignore it because someone in that studio managed to get their taste buds lodged deep inside a certain orifice during one of their 'I can't believe how much money we made' parties.

Edited by Rooke

Honestly, I think they switched the art style because of the sheer amount of crap they got for the visual novel representation in the original. Ryan himself stated that the game wasn't a VN and that he hated being associated with the anime/eroge medium. I am sure fans associated it as such and therefore he wanted to change the style so people stopped getting confused.

Considering how well the first game sold, the polls he did and the people most likely attracted to that game based on the art style, that just seems like a bad business decision. If you've got an established fanbase, there's not really any reason to do something that risks losing interest from a substantial fraction of that fanbase, hoping that your new game will sell anyway or attract a new fanbase. Maybe he made so much money he doesn't have to worry about that, though.

Honestly, I think they switched the art style because of the sheer amount of crap they got for the visual novel representation in the original. Ryan himself stated that the game wasn't a VN and that he hated being associated with the anime/eroge medium. I am sure fans associated it as such and therefore he wanted to change the style so people stopped getting confused.

That's nonetheless at least ridiculous; You don't make games without proper market research beforehand. If you don't want your game to be called anime-styled, don't use the kind of art that makes it look like it. Simple as that. The good thing is they actually clarified themselves it wasn't ever meant to become one, which makes the whole HuniePop thing one of the best industry jokes, ever.

Hopefully this will teach younger developers to properly advertise their games.

Considering how well the first game sold, the polls he did and the people most likely attracted to that game based on the art style, that just seems like a bad business decision. If you've got an established fanbase, there's not really any reason to do something that risks losing interest from a substantial fraction of that fanbase, hoping that your new game will sell anyway or attract a new fanbase. Maybe he made so much money he doesn't have to worry about that, though.

The guys who made HuniePop dislike anime and japanese popculture in general, is it that hard to understand? The whole game was a huge misunderstanding; they surely attracted a much bigger audience they propably ever would otherwise, but it was more or less accidental (or was it really?). We weren't ever meant to become a part of their target audience. As much as we could say they're propably losing a lot with their current decisions, the move with completely different artstyle clearly concludes that was the real truth behind it all.

I'm actually glad this got sorted, as there's nothing worse than a mislabeled product.

Ahaha, I´m kind of ashamed to say I have like 20 hours + in this game at least xD Found it extremely entertaining. Mainly because I got completely addicted to the puzzles and the completely idiotic interactions and writing. There is actually a lot of hidden content that you can spend half your life unlocking, and then there is an alpha mode at the end that is like, seriously difficult. 

Although the game is… Well, stupid, its actually very entertaining. 

(God, did I just recommend this game to people? … *facepalm*)

Sometimes a risk pays off. These are just previews/artworks of the game, not the full release. If they do well on the other aspects of the game, then it could be a bigger hit than HuniePop. But there are customers who buy the game solely for graphics/art alone...

So I just completed my first playthrough of this game (Why is it so addicting?) and I loved it, the devs did a great job on this dating sim, it's serious and consistent enough to take some of the characters seriously and make you somewhat care about the girls but ti is so over the top with the premise and dialogue that it quickly reminds you what kind of game this is. That being said Huniecam looks like a Facebook game lol, I am also not feeling the art,

Now a huge controversy I have been seeing all over Youtube and tumblr is the girls included from the previous Huniecam are butchered and don't belong in Huniecam, primarily Nikki (My fav), Audrey, Beli, Kyanna, Aiko and Tiffany, I can see why it may upset people especially Audrey's story but I really don't see this game as canon, I mean Nikki is still 18 and Jessie is still 36 in their profile so for starters this would not have even taken a year later from the previous game so I dunno how in that short amount of time so much hanged and Nikki and Beli did a complete 180, it's just a fun silly spin off game and I'm sure Huniepot 2 will be announced within a year after huniecam or sooner. I mean its cool that people got so attached to the characters but I mean I never got the feeling you were ever in a relationship with any of them, just friends with benefits, the only girls who seemed emotionally invested in you even a bit are Beli and Tiffany and even then not so much. Maybe if it was a bit more fleshed out and the characters had their own routed I could see more of a investment. I really think making actual story routes for the characters would be awesome and fleshing them out more as well since after the sex there was no point in talking to them, no new dialogue, no matter what you said their opnion of you would never change ect. Another thing I wish would happen is if characters interacted with each other a bit more, I mean Audrey and kyanna's interaction was legendary lol. But I'm sure the devs are takng all this into account

I just don't understand wanting finished characters removed just for a single paragraph synopsis of their reasoning for being in the game, Nikki's is unlikely but plausible, Audrey's is stupid but I don't know if she was even going to be in in the first place, I dunno about Kyanna and Beli though... still boycotting characters? I find it sickly amusing to think I can make Audrey degrade herself on a live broadcasting by doing cake farting to fund her coke habit, maybe I've been reading too many hentai like that though. But I mean videos like this are taking it a tad too serious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfE94yJDt2o

So I went and played the game yesterday.

I gotta say, the match three aspect of the game was surprisingly incredibly fun, and there were times I can honestly say I was literally sweating bullets when faced with the lack of moves towards the end of the date.

However as dating sim, it is extremely mediocre. There is basically no plot behind the game as well, which quickly leads to this game relying heavily on the gameplay aspect.

Also the sex scenes in this game are absolute fucking blasphemy, being based off the very same game play as the rest of the game.

I give it a 6/10. The visuals are solid, the music is not unpleasant at all, and the gameplay is really fun. The plot is practically non existent though.

Edited by Nightmare799

Whoa...the art is cute but the script is like GTA...

Trust me, when you get a girl angry enough, not even the ESRB can censor what they can unleash from their mouths in real life. You are way too detached from reality if you dont think girls can cuss and can say the words "fu** you" right at your face. Huniepop's language is just a mild preview of reality.

Edited by CeruleanGamer