I'm at a lost for words... (HuniePop discussion)

sarayne

• 2 weeks later...

https://youtu.be/O0CRUEyijuk

There you go. HuniePot has announced HunieCam Studio, a management sim. Not a VN. We no longer need to fuss over it, right?

...Right? I mean, they've brought back some characters from Huniepop, which I consider emotional blackmail, but I'm far less interested in this genre than I am in match-three and stuff. So move on.

Who am I kidding?

HuniePop wasn't a VN either, that didn't stop us.

https://youtu.be/O0CRUEyijuk

There you go. HuniePot has announced HunieCam Studio, a management sim. Not a VN. We no longer need to fuss over it, right?

...Right? I mean, they've brought back some characters from Huniepop, which I consider emotional blackmail, but I'm far less interested in this genre than I am in match-three and stuff. So move on.

Who am I kidding?

There's no Audrey. 

0/10 

Not a big fan of how this one looks, which is a shame given how much I anticipated and looked forward to the original one.

Probably no chance that's place holder art, given it's in the teaser and all.

EDIT: At least it'll cater to us 'cake farting' fetishists, though.  :Kappa:

I actually found HuniePop to be mildly entertaining. Obviously I played it with the uncensored patch. Not sure if you can really call it a VN though. The art style for their new project is just horrible though. Even if it had adult content unless they change that art style I have NO interest in it. Am I the only person who prefers a more anime generic art style for VNs?

I dislike the concept of this game and the art is horrendous. I could care less what they may do to it but I also dislike the cam girl fan-service of the other characters from huniepop which destroys what little character was created for them. The game also looks way too mobile-ish and is simply not my thing (not overly fond of sim games outside of dating sims). I'm going to pass on this game hopefully their next game is more my thing. Interesting direction for them to go to though.

That steam greenlight page is just like what? Really going at it hard. And yeah, art is ugly. 

Players take control of a cam girl operation and try to make as much dirty, filthy internet money as possible. Recruit a variety of sexy ladies that have probably made some poor life choices... Abandon your morals and die of a coke overdose.

On the one hand, I had my doubts when Huniepop was announced, and that game ended up being pretty fun.

But this is just... I mean, the art took a huge step backwards, the gameplay looks like a freemium mobile port, and the concept somehow manages to be dumber than "A nymphomaniac love fairy breaks into your house and tells you how to get girls." Granted, it's still in its early stages, but this looks like a game I'll be passing on. Too bad, considering how much I enjoyed Huniepop.

Remember, people thought Huniepop would be shit before it came out and the gates of sperm were opened. I'm staying optimistic for this one, unless they took out the H, then i'll pass :makina:

Game is confirmed to not have microtransactions, they also set up a strawpoll concerning the art direction, which is nice that they care what we think. You can find it here: http://strawpoll.me/5229365

Huniepop WAS shit, but I guess a lot of people have never played a match 3 game with additional gameplay before or something.

Honestly it had catchy music and semi-interesting stereotypes with tolerable gameplay for a match 3 game. It was also relatively cheap and released at a good time and when kickstarter was kicking off. The amount of coverage it was getting for being so different also helped it. It was a very mediocre title but it got popular because of a number of different things partially because it was something a bit different and was trying to challenge a preset idea.

but this new game looks worse than even huniepop.

'If you're triggered by games that aren't done and still need a ton of work, you're about to have a real shit time.' - My sides :wahaha:

However, watching that I had a real shit time. The art is horrible, it looks like FarmVille with bewbs and there's absolutely no bestgirls from the first one (apart from Nikki but shush, and they even made her look crappy.)

If they bring a demo out, I'll still try it though.