Summer 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Here I am keeping the anime thread tradition once more, no need to wait any longer to discuss summer anime! 

This thread is to discuss all anime airing during the summer season so no more threads need to be created.

If you want to check out the summer anime line up you can do so here: http://anichart.net/summer

As far as I go I started my summer anime with something I said I wouldn't watch but after some reviews I decided to. And that is Sabagebu.

I was very afraid to check this one out because of my disappointment with C3-Bu.

But seeing as people were saying it's totally different I gave it a try and they were right on the mark.

It's a gag anime in a school setting with girls and airsoft guns in the Survival Game Club.

It's definintely an upgrade from the monstrosity that was C3-Bu and the characters all seem quirky (I love Urara~) and most of all it doesn't have sappy drama to it. And the comedy isn't really that bad from what I've seen so far, even the narrator makes some half decent comebacks through out the whole thing.

The art is, well, mediocre at best but I rarely judge an anime by its art as long as the rest is okay so whatever.

Overall It feels more like an all girls version of D-Frag than anything else which is acceptable. And since it's an all girls plot I don't have to deal with bland male protags. So far so good since it beat my expectations.

This season I will watch a total of 13 TV series at once which is a record for me (not counting OVAs and shorts). Hope I can keep it up. At least it didn't start badly.

Well that's it for today's episodes. Discuss away~

Eh, that webrip preview of sabagebu I downloaded looked reaaaally bad. I'll wait for the TVrip.

Well it was aired early on Nico video so nothing you can do about that. Wish it had been better quality too though.

Totally didn't watch it for the sake of opening this thread or anything.

What are the charts this season ?

http://anichart.net/summer

So,

Animes that look interesting :

Glasslip and Sabagebu ... maybe ?

Doesn't look very promising.

I'm not expecting much from SAO after the horrible second half of the first season. But I'll still try.

Big question is ... How are they going to make a Hanayamata anime good when only 5 volumes are edited and that the strength of the manga is the art ... I wonder.

Rail wars seems terrible already. The title only is terrible.

Also, Psycho Pass Re-cut?  :wacko:

A recut of the series in 1-hour episodes, with some exclusive footage and bluray quality finishing (various scenes were corrected between TV version and BR one).

To build up hype for the upcoming 2nd season.

Just saw that Barakamon is getting an anime. This is gonna be a very good slice of life, recommended to those who like the genre. Happens in the countryside (Hokkaido iirc), should have some Non Non Biyori vibes (no loli, sorry)

I'm not expecting much from SAO after the horrible second half of the first season. But I'll still try.

Big question is ... How are they going to make a Hanayamata anime good when only 5 volumes are edited and that the strength of the manga is the art ... I wonder.

GGO is far better than ALO and better than SAO as well in my opinion so you can have some hope, not much but some.

Well I don't know how they plan on adapting Hanayamata but I'm very hyped for any slice of life. The PVs look adorable and just seeing that shoujo ai tag in the manga makes me want to see how the anime will be so bad.

Have faith~

Boring and bland, that's the whole summer animu in a nutshell. As much as I'm currently picking up postponed series, this season seems to be even less entertaining than the previous ones. At least I won't have to waste my time waiting in anticipation for new eps every week.

I will propably end up watching more series than expected, anyway.

Picking up SAO S2 and Sengoku Basara Judge End. Otherwise I think I will try to catch up on my watchlist. Animes I am keeping an eye on are: Jinsei, Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen, Rail Wars and Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun. But I won't watch them until they are completed and I got som reviews.

Thank you so much for the list! Now I can keep up with all the anime that come out season to season  :D  As for what I am looking forward to, Akame ga KIll!, Tokyo ESP, Tokyo Ghoul, Psycho Pass Re-cut, Zankyou no Terror, Rail Wars!, Persona 4 Golden The Animation, Bakumatsu Rock, Aldnoah.Zero and Ao Haru Ride. 

Every other anime coming out this summer will be watched out of impulse if I feel like it.  Either way I feel like I need to watch as much anime as I can...

SAO of course.,

Hamatora 2nd Season, because I wasn't satisfied with the first season and was curious.

Tokyou Ghoul, because the theme is Supranatural,Gore, Drama. I've never seen the anime genre of gore and drama in one form

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma?Illya 2wei! ,I've been waiting for this, and can't wait for it: D