Summer 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Now that this season's wrapped up, is there anything I missed that you guys would strongly recommend? Here's a list of what I picked up for Summer.

Free!: Eternal Summer

Zankyou no Terror

Hanayamata

Ao Haru Ride

Barakamon

Sword Art Online II

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 2wei!

Akame ga Kill!

Oh, you should definitely watch Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun.

Best comedy this season xD

Is Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun really that good? :huh:

I'm not following it, so i really dont know about it :rolleyes:

When considering what could be anime of the season material, usually I turn toward what stands out of the crowd, either by its sheer quality (of writing, directing, animation, etc) or the originality of its themes/setting.

This season happens to lack such series, because despite stuff like Ao Haru Ride, Zankyou no Terror or Space Dandy being good, they still weren't up to standard.

Therefore you naturally turn toward the most entertaining thing there was, and that was without a doubt Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun.

Rokujouma no Shinryakusha is probably the second best harem anime I've ever watched. So many enjoyable and touching moments....

And with that, the only summer anime still left are SAO II and Akame ga Kill...

SAO fight went spectacular, the episode is really done well. And that present grenade scene is hilarious! Probably the best ep so far....

....that is until the second half came...

FItOKB9.gif

It ain't SAO if there isn't a creepy/sick/rapist character!

Rokujouma no Shinryakusha is probably the second best harem anime I've ever watched. So many enjoyable and touching moments....

And with that, the only summer anime still left are SAO II and Akame ga Kill...

SAO fight went spectacular, the episode is really done well. And that present grenade scene is hilarious! Probably the best ep so far....

....that is until the second half came...

FItOKB9.gif

It ain't SAO if there isn't a creepy/sick/rapist character!

So far the next long arc lacks any semblance of such a character.

When considering what could be anime of the season material, usually I turn toward what stands out of the crowd, either by its sheer quality (of writing, directing, animation, etc) or the originality of its themes/setting.

This season happens to lack such series, because despite stuff like Ao Haru Ride, Zankyou no Terror or Space Dandy being good, they still weren't up to standard.

Therefore you naturally turn toward the most entertaining thing there was, and that was without a doubt Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun.

I'll Check Gekkan Shoujo, Thanks :)

Rail Wars-The ending was bleh as expected but I still enjoyed this anime overall.  Got repetitive though so I bumped it down to a 9. 

Talk about repetitive...

Rail Wars: Why Can't I Go an Entire Episode Without Falling Face-First Into My Female Partner's Breasts?!

Considering what it was though (ecchi, harem. not saying that I don't enjoy the ecchi shows. heuheuheuhe), it was actually okay. I enjoyed it. pretty good I guess/10