Summer 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Zankyou no Terror is being pretty nice. I just really disliked that girl. If they ended up killing her, I'd probably enjoy the show more.

Them hinting at something deeper could end up leading to a big disappointment. Seems like it's just an experiment facility, probably supported by the government, acting in a inhuman way so they're trying to get revenge on them. If it's actually just that, I will be disappointed. I'm hoping for a nice twist to this usual revenge story.

I think it's good that they haven't passed through the usual character development. Some people are complaining because they don't care about our two terrorists, but I'd probably just facepalm and quit if they went the usual "they're actually good guys who were victims all along!" scenario. 

They're executing it nicely until now, so I'm hoping for more of this. I'd probably like the anime more if they didn't have anything to do with revenge or any tragic past and were just two ordinary kids who decided to blow things up just because. I like the psycho types~

I'm hoping there's some nice twist later on as well, it'd be really lame if it was just because of revenge. They have hinted what's happened in the past but they didn't explain it, you judged just from the scenes they showed but there was no explanation, it could be something with a twist for all we know.

My entire hopes would be crushed the moment they revealed it was just because they were mistreated as kids and i'd fall into a sea of disappointment. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Can you guys make a top 5 anime for this season already?

For me the current top 5 is:

1. Hanayamata - I've already cried 3 times watching this thing. It's just pure moe overload with drama added onto it alongside gorgeous colors that'll make your eyes bleed rainbows. I LOVE IT.
  2. Aldnoah.Zero - *eargasm*
  3. Zankyou No Terror - Already explained above why i liked it
  4. Akame ga Kill - It's only in 4th place because i've already read the manga and know the story so there's no "Oh my god what's going to happen next!?", the adaptation is really good though and I'm enjoying it for that. Glad they didn't censor it heavily like they did with Tokyo Ghoul (reason why TK is not even on the list).
  5. Sabagebu - I don't know this thing just makes me laugh and I enjoy it, so it's getting a spot here. Momoka-sama best heroine.

I'm hoping there's some nice twist later on as well, it'd be really lame if it was just because of revenge. They have hinted what's happened in the past but they didn't explain it, you judged just from the scenes they showed but there was no explanation, it could be something with a twist for all we know.

My entire hopes would be crushed the moment they revealed it was just because they were mistreated as kids and i'd fall into a sea of disappointment. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Can you guys make a top 5 anime for this season already?

For me the current top 5 is:

1. Hanayamata - I've already cried 3 times watching this thing. It's just pure moe overload with drama added onto it alongside gorgeous colors that'll make your eyes bleed rainbows. I LOVE IT.
  2. Aldnoah.Zero - *eargasm*
  3. Zankyou No Terror - Already explained above why i liked it
  4. Akame ga Kill - It's only in 4th place because i've already read the manga and know the story so there's no "Oh my god what's going to happen next!?", the adaptation is really good though and I'm enjoying it for that. Glad they didn't censor it heavily like they did with Tokyo Ghoul (reason why TK is not even on the list).
  5. Sabagebu - I don't know this thing just makes me laugh and I enjoy it, so it's getting a spot here. Momoka-sama best heroine.

Oh, no. I don't think it's the usual revenge scenario, it's just a possibility. As I said, I'll drop the anime if it's actually that.

Hm~

Can I include stuff from the previous season that is still airing? Since Mahouka.

Oh, no. I don't think it's the usual revenge scenario, it's just a possibility. As I said, I'll drop the anime if it's actually that.

Hm~

Can I include stuff from the previous season that is still airing? Since Mahouka.

Sure why not. It is still airing after all. Even if doing that is a bit lame

Haah. Where has the world gone to, where even my partner says my ideas are uninspiring and dull. *gives overly dramatic sigh*

I'll still put Mahouka in there, though. Tatsuya too cool and Miyuki best imouto. Her name is similar to Mayuki from comyu, so it's actually kind of a pain to destinguish between them.

1-Mahouka

2-Aldnoah

3-Zankyou

4-Akame ga Kill

5-Tokyo Ghoul

While Aldnoah, Zankyou and Akame are all very close cadidates for second place (with Akame being lower in probability to get that spot because I read the manga as well), Tokyo Ghoul is probably not leaving the fifth place unless Zankyou turns out to be a huge disappointment.

Zankyou no Terror is being pretty nice. I just really disliked that girl. If they ended up killing her, I'd probably enjoy the show more.

Them hinting at something deeper could end up leading to a big disappointment. Seems like it's just an experiment facility, probably supported by the government, acting in a inhuman way so they're trying to get revenge on them. If it's actually just that, I will be disappointed. I'm hoping for a nice twist to this usual revenge story.

I think it's good that they haven't passed through the usual character development. Some people are complaining because they don't care about our two terrorists, but I'd probably just facepalm and quit if they went the usual "they're actually good guys who were victims all along!" scenario. 

They're executing it nicely until now, so I'm hoping for more of this. I'd probably like the anime more if they didn't have anything to do with revenge or any tragic past and were just two ordinary kids who decided to blow things up just because. I like the psycho types~

I really think it won't be much different from what you're describing sadly. I'd like to be surprised but... I don't have that many hopes.

That being said the story is still compelling so far, makes you want to know what happens next. And it's damn well executed indeed. Really feel different from a lot of anime who have the lazy storyboard syndrom.

I'm no as fan of the designs and colors as Nosebleed, tbh I don't like them much, but this anime might well end up being something.

What will probably cut it for me is if in the end it has something to say about terrorism and the nuclear, its two main topics. If it's not just some banalities then I'll be happy.

Season top 5 eh?

Well I haven't yet watched everything I wanted to watch and I'm not sure I can find 5 shows I'm enthusiast about so far so... I'll just wait...

My top 5 will edit in explanations later, to lazy right now.

1. Akame ga KILL

2. Au Haru Ride

3. Zankyou no Terror

4. Sailor Moon Crystal

5. Sabegebu! 

Honorable Mentions 

Persona 4 Golden

Rail Wars

Love Stage

Aldnoah.Zero

In no particular order yet.

Well, i'm not wanting them to be good guys or not, i just think that they could be MORE crazy than actually, added to the fact that we miss several keys to unerstand their characters, i can't just say that i hate or love them, i really want to care about them, this is why Zankyou is my favourite summer anime.

So, of the ones I've watched so far:

Akame ga Kill:  I'm not entirely sold yet.  I just haven't found anything about the show that really grabs me.  That said, I'll keep watching in hopes that something stirs the pot.  I just don't feel that 4 episodes in I should still feel like I'm watching the the introductory episode.  Maybe I've just been watching too many one season length shows.  

Aldnoah.Zero:  This one I'm liking.  The protagonist is less Amuro Ray, the world's most badass mecha pilot and more Batman, the world's greatest detective.  The battles are well thought out, and none of the victories (so far) feel contrived.  Definitely going to keep watching this one.

Tokyo Ghoul:  World of Darkness, anime style.  The protagonist could whine less, but overall, no real complaints.  Nothing more to go on yet, but unlike Akame ga Kill, I can see that the show is going somewhere.

Next up on my to-watch list is Zankyou no Terror.

So, of the ones I've watched so far:

Akame ga Kill:  I'm not entirely sold yet.  I just haven't found anything about the show that really grabs me.  That said, I'll keep watching in hopes that something stirs the pot.  I just don't feel that 4 episodes in I should still feel like I'm watching the the introductory episode.  Maybe I've just been watching too many one season length shows.  

Aldnoah.Zero:  This one I'm liking.  The protagonist is less Amuro Ray, the world's most badass mecha pilot and more Batman, the world's greatest detective.  The battles are well thought out, and none of the victories (so far) feel contrived.  Definitely going to keep watching this one.

Tokyo Ghoul:  World of Darkness, anime style.  The protagonist could whine less, but overall, no real complaints.  Nothing more to go on yet, but unlike Akame ga Kill, I can see that the show is going somewhere.

Next up on my to-watch list is Zankyou no Terror.

As for Tokyo Ghoul, I could agree, however I hear he gets quite badass later. So that's what's driving me to keep watching it.

Because let me be honest here, I dislike bitchmeat protagonists.

Greatly.

Well, I already have one anime in my top 5 for sure. Top 3 even probably.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun is completely hilarious. We don't get a REALLY funny comedy like that every season B)

That one I'll want my dose every week for sure.

To the people who are waiting for the protagonist to become a badass in Tokyo Ghoul- I highly doubt it will happen in the anime. He gets the white hair late in the manga, 'round chapter 70 from what I remember. May be wrong, though.

I just happened to watch the first episode of Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun, which I had been meaning to for a while actually.  It was indeed pretty funny, I think I'm gonna keep on watching.  Not sure if it'll break my top 5 for this season, but we'll see. 

I also completely forgot that I had started Aldnoah Zero the first week it aired, I might pick it back up eventualy.

I started Zankyou No Terror and I've watched the 1st episode so far. Little busy today, but I'll definitely watch the rest shortly. It's definitely interesting. By the way, I noticed that this series doesn't have a script/scenario writer listed on any DB. Is there a reason for that? I'm kinda interested to know. Otherwise, Watanabe is doing an amazing job with the direction as I expected he would. :D

I started Zankyou No Terror and I've watched the 1st episode so far. Little busy today, but I'll definitely watch the rest shortly. It's definitely interesting. By the way, I noticed that this series doesn't have a script/scenario writer listed on any DB. Is there a reason for that? I'm kinda interested to know. Otherwise, Watanabe is doing an amazing job with the direction as I expected he would. :D

I think it's because Zankyou is original content not a manga/LN/VN/Game adaptation.

To the people who are waiting for the protagonist to become a badass in Tokyo Ghoul- I highly doubt it will happen in the anime. He gets the white hair late in the manga, 'round chapter 70 from what I remember. May be wrong, though.

The anime was going pretty fast in my opinion, and there's white Kaneki in opening. I'm not up to date but if they keep the pace of the first 3 episodes he will appear. They even introduced Jason already. I'm sure the anime will end just after he goes white, though. It's a nice place to end an anime.

I think it's because Zankyou is original content not a manga/LN/VN/Game adaptation.

That would not be the case at all. There are several other originals that'll have a writer listed (like Angel Beats, Nagi no Asukara, and Madoka). In fact, not having a source material to adapt would actually raise demand for a scenario writer.

Just caught up with 4 and 5 of Rail Wars! 

Each episode brings a tit*ilating experience. All the women are cute and sexy. I love the fan service and chemistry between Taka and and all the females - Sakurai in particular. Episode 5 was ridiculous. Didn't think they could repeat the "bodies colliding" trope so many times but they pulled it off.

My summer favorites so far are

1. Akame Ga Kill 

2. Aldonoah

3. Rail Wars!

4. Barakamon

5. Tokyo Ghoul