Summer 2014 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Just actually marathoned through all of Mahouka (I know it's technically Spring... but since it's still airing in the Summer fuck it)... and I really like the premise. Tatsuya is broken as hell though... and is just me or does the Ichijo guy look just like Vino from Baccano?

Looking forward to that Tokyo Ghoul episode today.

It's one of the only 3 I like so far. Probabky second after Akame.

I do however seem to the only one that likes Matsutaro.

Nice stuff. Its pretty unpopular sadly, but Rail Wars just clicks for me.

Akame is great also.~

Just actually marathoned through all of Mahouka (I know it's technically Spring... but since it's still airing in the Summer fuck it)... and I really like the premise. Tatsumi is broken as hell though... and is just me or does the Ichijo guy look just like Vino from Baccano?

More like as Suzaku from Code Geass but Ichijo is as overpowered as Tatsuya and I'm looking forward to their match~

Am I the only one who REALLY likes Rail Wars? Its pretty much in my top five of the season two weeks in.

Nope. This type of show is the ones I almost always like. Action, Shonen, Romance works for me. Action-packed, sci-fi and mecha shows used to be my thing, but I really enjoy the slower paced or slice of life types now.

Almost waching Barakamon, Glasslip and Jinsei this summer.

Rurumo really is cute. Finally a series where the protagonist doesn't have a younger sister for a change! And has a yandere mother to top it off.

Finally no cliché imouto scenari- *last minute rolls* damn it.

I really wanted to see more of the yandere mother, hope that doesn't disappear completely.

Pretty fun episode.

Jinsei so far is quite good,not as bad as i expected pretty decent season so far

Just actually marathoned through all of Mahouka (I know it's technically Spring... but since it's still airing in the Summer fuck it)... and I really like the premise. Tatsuya is broken as hell though... and is just me or does the Ichijo guy look just like Vino from Baccano?

well Tatsuya's power is explained later on,about how he is so flawless. Quite sad actually ._.

The censorship in Tokyo Ghoul really is mind blowingly intrusive, it's starting to ruin the experience at points.

They seem to be testing out a new form of censorship every episode. Last episode was inverted colors, this time it's bluring. Such a shame.

Kaneki is still on the fence about the Ghoul think, I really want to see him do something, hopefully we get that sometime soon.

I know that he later becomes more badass with the white hair.

But this is the anime, we're already 3 episodes in, they should have given me something to grasp me and go "Wow this is so cool!" but i still haven't gotten there, one must keep their viewer entertained at all times if they plan on making a good series.

If this is a 2 cour series then I can cut it some slack but if it's just 1 cour then we're not starting off with the right foot.

The censorship in Tokyo Ghoul really is mind blowingly intrusive, it's starting to ruin the experience at points.

They seem to be testing out a new form of censorship every episode. Last episode was inverted colors, this time it's bluring. Such a shame.

Kaneki is still on the fence about the Ghoul think, I really want to see him do something, hopefully we get that sometime soon.

I didn't even notice the censorship this episode till I read this and double checked. Episode 2's was annoying yes but episode 3's wasn't that big a deal.

Anyways, this episode felt... weird to me. I didn't like the pacing I guess? I'm confused on Kaneki's exact situation, and I don't feel they properly explained the father thing. But the mythos are pulling me in more and more. Not to mention I'm a sucker for the imouto characters. Gonna read the manga up to this point, might end up just reading all thats translated. 

EDIT: Pretty sure this will be 26 episodes, but don't quote me on that.

I didn't even notice the censorship this episode till I read this and double checked. Episode 2's was annoying yes but episode 3's wasn't that big a deal.

Anyways, this episode felt... weird to me. I didn't like the pacing I guess? I'm confused on Kaneki's exact situation, and I don't feel they properly explained the father thing. But the mythos are pulling me in more and more. Gonna read the manga up to this point, might end up just reading all thats translated.

EDIT: Pretty sure this will be 26 episodes, but don't quote me on that.

True the censorship in ep 2 was much more noticeable but in this one it was still kind of there, not just the bluring but when the Ghouls were being attacked by the 2 agents you saw tons of black bars.

If it's 26 episodes long then I can cut it some slack for the slow build up but if it's just 1 cour then it's WAY too slow. I'm not saying the episodes aren't doing anything, they are making slow progress, but if the series is just 1 cour this is too slow, if it's 2 cour (24/26 eps) then it's more acceptable.

Watched the first couple episodes of Aldnoah.Zero. Well, the production values are high. And uh, that's it. Everything else about it is sub-par at best. The writers lack any sense of subtlety. Every character is the biggest cliche, every plot point the biggest trope, every line is as hammy as possible. I suppose there may be some entertainment value inherent in that, but it's apparent that they're trying to make it a really serious and original show. They fail at that quite miserably. I can't count how many times I rolled my eyes in the first episode, from the grizzled veteran who can't work without drinking and dishes out lengthy bouts of exposition for no reason, to the pure-hearted princess who just wants peace and likes the earthling boy, who gets beaten by his superior for not knowing his place. It's as hamfisted as it gets. And none of the characters are likeable.

But it looks pretty.

If it's 26 episodes long then I can cut it some slack for the slow build up but if it's just 1 cour then it's WAY too slow. I'm not saying the episodes aren't doing anything, they are making slow progress, but if the series is just 1 cour this is too slow, if it's 2 cour (24/26 eps) then it's more acceptable.

So I ended up reading all of the translated chapters of Tokyo Ghoul, and based on the opening of the anime, there is no way in hell it can be a 1 cour. The first three episodes are roughly equivalent to the first 10 chapters (with quite a bit of content omitted and done in a different order but whatever), and if they intend to show the white hair, they'll probably stop around chapter 79 (which would be a good place to be honest), meaning 24/26 sounds pretty accurate (3*8 = 24).

Honestly think the only anime I'll stay interested in this season is Akame ga Kill. Everything else has bored me, and I don't even feel like keeping up with them to see if they get any better. I hope Fall is better than Spring/Summer are.

You'll have wonderful shows like the Merman romcom

Can't wait right? :P

Well at least there's stuff like Log Horizon season 2 and whatnot.

Honestly think the only anime I'll stay interested in this season is Akame ga Kill. Everything else has bored me, and I don't even feel like keeping up with them to see if they get any better. I hope Fall is better than Spring/Summer are.

Fall is looking better. Look forward to the new Fate/Stay

Hey I have an idea, let's make an anime called GGO and then not show GGO at all and just focus on pointless chatter and scenes that have no relevance to the plot. I'm sure drooling SAO fans will be all hyped because they'll think it's an incredible suspense technique when in reality we're just saving budget by having still scenes all over the place.

-The SAO Staff, probably.

This is GGO right? I signed up to watch an action anime in a virtual world, right?

So why have there been 3 episodes of pointless scenes? They still have yet to introduce the freaking game that the anime is supposed to be focused around. Am I just not looking at it from the right angle? Can someone explain to me what is this anime doing to hype me up? I'm sorry but forced drama for 24 minutes that is just there to fill in screen time doesn't hype me.

Really underwhelming so far.

3 episodes in and basically nothing has happened. SAO II looks like it'll be shit.

It is sh*t lol

Zankyou no Terror & Aldnoah.Zero probably best for this Seasons IMO, although Aldnoah Mech looks bad (Not the 3DCG But the Design) aside from this everything is good lol