Gamestop New games (opened/unsealed)

Cyrillej1

No!  Never pre-order!  Why pay full price for something when you have NO idea what it's going to be like?  Look at watch dogs, it was a colossal LIE.

Also with the glory of PC gaming I never have to go back to gamestop again.  Last time I did was to sell a large amount of games I just didn't play anymore, they were planning on giving me $4 for Skyrim on PS4 about 2 months after it was released, never again.

thats weird. was the disk really scratched or something? you usually get about 20 bucks for a newer game. i think i got like 15 bucks for it and that was about 6 months after it came out.

Do you live near the area? I always assumed that the Exchange was only in the Eastern Pennsylvania, Western Ohio region. 

I live in Arizona, the exchange has been available for as long as I can remember.

thats weird. was the disk really scratched or something? you usually get about 20 bucks for a newer game. i think i got like 15 bucks for it and that was about 6 months after it came out.

Nope, nothing wrong with it.  All green across the board.

Most of the time, I think buying online from Amazon would be the best option. They usually have games for the cheapest price. I got Sleeping Dogs the other day for only $13. A pretty good steal, IMO.

Still though, do you have Best Buy in your area? They sometimes have amazing deals on games. Plus, when you buy new, they're always sealed. The whole store gives off a very clean cool feel. It doesn't feel "dirty" like GameStop. 

I've actually had more conflicts there than at Gamestop.  It could be a regional thing.  I'm an equal distance between two Gamestops, and I've gotten $3 more at one for the same item than at the other.  

• 1 year later...

Well, today confirms that Game Stop sells used games as new.  I bought a new copy of second son ps4 , he pulled the disk out of the cabinet and put it into the case which was unsealed and had stickers on it.  In the last two weeks they have done the same thing.  They also said the same thing when I asked if it was a new copy.....oh well sir ...they replied....this is the last copy.  Total bull crap.  I also notice that the game had no instruction manual.  I then replied....... don't all new games come with some sort of insert or instruction manual.......his reply......  They do not, now.  You have to go online for instructions. ( I just bought a new copy at Walmart and guess what? It has an instruction manual and also had two inserts of advertising in it)   LMAO!  Are you serious? 

The likelyhood of getting two new games and it being the last copy both times are pretty low..... and then the lie about the instruction manual.  I don't mind buying used games..... and I love gamestop for that.......BUT if I am wanting a new copy so I can resell it later, it better be new.    They are ripping people off, hardcore.  As far as it being company policy to sell new games opened, is a bunch of crap.  They are lying.  Last laugh will be on them when I play the game and return it for a full refund and troll them in front of a dozen customers.    Like I said, I love buying used games for cheaper, but if I want it new, it had better be brand new.  They mark games up 400 percent when you sell them your used games, it is total bull crap.  But I guess that is how they stay in business.  A shady business indeed. 

In Australia EBGames is the Gamestop equivalent, and every game is unsealed because the discs are stored in a cabinet behind the counter.

I'm not so fussed about whether a game is used or new, I'm more concerned about the condition of the disc. I've had new games come sealed tight yet be scratched to high-heaven, yet I've also had games I know are used come with a pristine disc. In this instance you might be paying for a new copy which is inferior to a used one, especially if the used game was only used for a few hours. IMO the condition of the disc is the most important thing. Instruction manuals haven't been useful for about a decade, so I don't really care if it's missing or not.

Well, today confirms that Game Stop sells used games as new.  I bought a new copy of second son ps4 , he pulled the disk out of the cabinet and put it into the case which was unsealed and had stickers on it.  In the last two weeks they have done the same thing.  They also said the same thing when I asked if it was a new copy.....oh well sir ...they replied....this is the last copy.  Total bull crap.  I also notice that the game had no instruction manual.  I then replied....... don't all new games come with some sort of insert or instruction manual.......his reply......  They do not, now.  You have to go online for instructions. ( I just bought a new copy at Walmart and guess what? It has an instruction manual and also had two inserts of advertising in it)   LMAO!  Are you serious? 

The likelyhood of getting two new games and it being the last copy both times are pretty low..... and then the lie about the instruction manual.  I don't mind buying used games..... and I love gamestop for that.......BUT if I am wanting a new copy so I can resell it later, it better be new.    They are ripping people off, hardcore.  As far as it being company policy to sell new games opened, is a bunch of crap.  They are lying.  Last laugh will be on them when I play the game and return it for a full refund and troll them in front of a dozen customers.    Like I said, I love buying used games for cheaper, but if I want it new, it had better be brand new.  They mark games up 400 percent when you sell them your used games, it is total bull crap.  But I guess that is how they stay in business.  A shady business indeed. 

It is gamestop policy to gut the contents of every game case they put on the shelves in order to prevent theft. They take brand new games, take the disc, and store them elsewhere. Not saying that for sure your games weren't used, but you won't find a single pristine sealed new copy in a gamestop store shelf.