Soukoku no Arterial

MDruidd

Yep, it's really just the interface which has been translated so far.

I don't know of anyone who said he wants to start a project either.

I've played the game a bit some time ago but I must admit I just can't

deal with Eushully's games.. Or maybe I just suck at CCGs lol..

Playing Madou Kokakou (also only interface patch) and I suck at that one too haha

Guys I'm helpless with these kind of games :lol:

The descriptions, right? 

I played Madou Kokaku and Soukoku, and both of them have hundreds of item/card/unit (maybe thousands), so translate their games is a bit tired

Eushully's games have more text than the average VN, so it takes a lot of... courage to even consider translating one.

that's true, if eushully's game is more text, but i think the game is good too.,

Yep, it's really just the interface which has been translated so far.

I don't know of anyone who said he wants to start a project either.

I've played the game a bit some time ago but I must admit I just can't

deal with Eushully's games.. Or maybe I just suck at CCGs lol..

Playing Madou Kokakou (also only interface patch) and I suck at that one too haha

Guys I'm helpless with these kind of games :lol:

:)

The descriptions, right? 

I played Madou Kokaku and Soukoku, and both of them have hundreds of item/card/unit (maybe thousands), so translate their games is a bit tired

yupp, so long, lol :D

Also, those interface patches are basically someone punching the letters through a machine translator, approximating what comes out, then sticking it on screen.  They aren't that good in the first place, in other words.  The groups that made them have neither the capabilities nor the wherewithal to do a decent translation of the main game (heck, they'd probably stumble over an anime meant for small children), and asking 'can you translate the rest of the game?' is like asking a pygmy to get the cereal down from above the fridge. 

Also, those interface patches are basically someone punching the letters through a machine translator, approximating what comes out, then sticking it on screen.  They aren't that good in the first place, in other words.  The groups that made them have neither the capabilities nor the wherewithal to do a decent translation of the main game (heck, they'd probably stumble over an anime meant for small children), and asking 'can you translate the rest of the game?' is like asking a pygmy to get the cereal down from above the fridge. 

yeah i know if the machine translator not as good as the human translator.

but i don't think that so bad

lol, your proverb is cool man !

Believe me, it really is that bad.  There is no such thing as a good machine translator.  The best they can manage is non-abstract individual words.  When it comes to grammar or abstract concepts...  *Clephas grimaces*

From experience, I know that most efforts at translating Japanese are closer to 'approximation' than most would like to admit.  At least part of this is because the Japanese quite simply don't think like Westerners.  There are tons of subtle cultural and regional differences - not to mention the experiences and conditions that formed them in the first place - that have made their language into something that is fundamentally out of sync with English.  Yes, some things translate nicely... but even more things don't.

Edit:  I've said this in other threads, but this can't really be emphasized enough... I'm a subtly different person when I'm thinking in Japanese.  Languages are one of the largest building blocks of a culture, and when you learn a language, it broadens your horizons... and at the same time makes you realize how different what you've just learned is from what you were born into.  It was gradual enough for me that it wasn't much of a shock to my system, but people that don't understand Japanese without the filter of 'mental translation' really aren't equipped to comprehend just how different the thought processes behind the languages are.

Believe me, it really is that bad.  There is no such thing as a good machine translator.  The best they can manage is non-abstract individual words.  When it comes to grammar or abstract concepts...  *Clephas grimaces*

From experience, I know that most efforts at translating Japanese are closer to 'approximation' than most would like to admit.  At least part of this is because the Japanese quite simply don't think like Westerners.  There are tons of subtle cultural and regional differences - not to mention the experiences and conditions that formed them in the first place - that have made their language into something that is fundamentally out of sync with English.  Yes, some things translate nicely... but even more things don't.

Edit:  I've said this in other threads, but this can't really be emphasized enough... I'm a subtly different person when I'm thinking in Japanese.  Languages are one of the largest building blocks of a culture, and when you learn a language, it broadens your horizons... and at the same time makes you realize how different what you've just learned is from what you were born into.  It was gradual enough for me that it wasn't much of a shock to my system, but people that don't understand Japanese without the filter of 'mental translation' really aren't equipped to comprehend just how different the thought processes behind the languages are.

for me, it's not so bad, can be said really bad, i guess.,

but tolerable, can be read while listening to the sound of the characters.,

and I've also tried the patch machine translation as well., 

as flyable heart, 
I was just about to try to play this game with some patches + ITH + Atlas, 
I still didn't quite understand the Japanese language, but I understand a little bit in case of the voice..,

so I can tell if this is good too but too bad too, I guess: D