Amairo IsleNauts Translation Project

Blizzard884

Since I played Koiken Otome prologue patch and was like "Omfg, this game is so awesome, I can't wait, I want to play it NOW!" I vowed in my heart that I wouldn't ever play a partial patch for a VN. So yeah, will wait till final patch, even if I have to wait a year.

Since I played Koiken Otome prologue patch and was like "Omfg, this game is so awesome, I can't wait, I want to play it NOW!" I vowed in my heart that I wouldn't ever play a partial patch for a VN. So yeah, will wait till final patch, even if I have to wait a year.

Wise choice, lad.

Many a times have I gone berserk after playing partially translated stuff. The wait is usually long, and painful.

I'll never play a partial that doesn't completely translate at least one route. But I'll often play partials that do to get a taste. This is just a five minute prologue, that's it. You can't even get a feel for the game in it, it's so short. I only played it to sample the translation quality so far (while realizing it's not final). 

I'll never play a partial that doesn't completely translate at least one route. But I'll often play partials that do to get a taste. This is just a five minute prologue, that's it. You can't even get a feel for the game in it, it's so short. I only played it to sample the translation quality so far (while realizing it's not final). 

As did I. I know this is far from finished, but I just want to point out to the devs that a lot of the english needs work.

bALkkC1.png

Contrasting tenses. "the wind was cold enough that standing out here is hard." Also, wheres the period? <- that happens a lot

F1joHcv.png

Here's another badly tensed sentence. Should be have, or reword the this might not be. again period

U72k4sx.png

The first example of a sentence missing its article "the"

8KQO2sk.png

This line is the second of a few badly punctuated and sentenced lines. This should (even without the voice) be "Yes, it certainly has. How have you been doing recently?"

I know it's not final release but this is unacceptable, especially since it's been edited.

As did I. I know this is far from finished, but I just want to point out to the devs that a lot of the english needs work.

bALkkC1.png

Contrasting tenses. "the wind was cold enough that standing out here is hard." Also, wheres the period? <- that happens a lot

F1joHcv.png

Here's another badly tensed sentence. Should be have, or reword the this might not be. again period

U72k4sx.png

8KQO2sk.png

This line is the second of a few badly punctuated and sentenced lines. This should (even without the voice) be "Yes, it certainly has. How have you been doing recently?"

I know it's not final release but this is unacceptable, especially since it's been edited.

As I say in my post before you will still find a many mistakes. And we do know about them. I never plan to release prologue patch but because I was happy that all programming work was completed I am put together alpha version.

Yeah, punctuation and tense usage is quite inconsistent. Hopefully that stuff gets resolved.

Just to add in my two cents, I kind of dislike the overuse of ellipses. In many cases they could be perfectly replaced with a comma, or a period at the end of sentences. Ellipses are something you see even native speakers overuse a lot on the internet and it bothers me then, too. I only mention this because it seems more like a stylistic choice than an unintended mistake. 

Anyways, this wasn't so bad it was unreadable or anything, I wish you guys luck with the rest of the translation. :)

As I say in my post before you will still find a many mistakes. And we do know about them. I never plan to release prologue patch but because I was happy that all programming work was completed I am put together alpha version.

Ah, that's what I was hoping happened. As long as you're aware of it, it's fine. As Decay said, it wasn't unreadable. Actually, in that last screenshot, I missed that "certainly" the 2 times I read through it, only catching it as I was staring at the screenshot. I wish you luck in your future endeavors 

Ah, that's what I was hoping happened. As long as you're aware of it, it's fine. As Decay said, it wasn't unreadable. Actually, in that last screenshot, I missed that "certainly" the 2 times I read through it, only catching it as I was staring at the screenshot. I wish you luck in your future endeavors

Thanks we will do everything we can in order to make great final product :)

bALkkC1.png

F1joHcv.png

U72k4sx.png

8KQO2sk.png

Unacceptable? Go away you grammar nazi those are just a few minor mistakes noting worth mentioning. You yourself don't help in any way so what gives you the right to complain and boder people who do all those work for free with you minor complains. If you find it that unacceptable nobody is forcing you to read it. I would be very satisfied with this translation.

Unacceptable? Go away you grammar nazi those are just a few minor mistakes noting worth mentioning. You yourself don't help in any way so what gives you the right to complain and boder people who do all those work for free with you minor complains. If you find it that unacceptable nobody is forcing you to read it. I would be very satisfied with this translation.

There is a difference between censure and constructive criticism, and I find Decay's post to be quite objectively the latter. As he said, "I just want to point out to the devs that a lot of the english needs work." In accordance with that:

Blizzard has acknowledged that the current progress is riddled with mistakes; it might be somewhat justifiable to refuse Decay's calling it "unacceptable" if this were the final version, but as it stands, I believe that Blizzard is looking for improvements. Being a worker for another project, I know that I would appreciate if somebody were to point out typos that I might not catch.

I'm looking forward to this project, by the way. It looks like a high-quality game all around, and considering its length, I appreciate that you guys are putting in the effort that you are.

There is a difference between censure and constructive criticism, and I find Decay's post to be quite objectively the latter. As he said, "I just want to point out to the devs that a lot of the english needs work." In accordance with that:

Blizzard has acknowledged that the current progress is riddled with mistakes; it might be somewhat justifiable to refuse Decay's calling it "unacceptable" if this were the final version, but as it stands, I believe that Blizzard is looking for improvements. Being a worker for another project, I know that I would appreciate if somebody were to point out typos that I might not catch.

I'm looking forward to this project, by the way. It looks like a high-quality game all around, and considering its length, I appreciate that you guys are putting in the effort that you are.

Thank you ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...