Hey

Zhpd2

Hey everyone! My name is Tim, i'm Dutch, 18 years old and I like to play guitar and write songs. I've been into vn's since half a year ever since playing "G-senjou no Maou," never before have I felt such a strong connection to a fictional character. It made me realize that the very nature of vn's is much different from that of a novel, movie or game, and ever since playing that game, I was hooked.

I've played Fate/stay night, Saya no uta, Katawa Shoujo, Sharin no Kuni, Shuffle! and i've just finished Steins;Gate.

I've stalled Kamidori Alchemy Meister and Little Busters.

Anyway, after searching around the web for vn's too read, I inevitably found vndb.org, yet I didn't really like the community it has. After downloading a couple of vn's from tpb I found that fuwanovel had quite a few vn's ready to played, translation included. So after googling I came where I am now.

So... that's me, hope you guys had a great christmas^^

Greetings

Tim

Hey everyone! My name is Tim, i'm Dutch, 18 years old and I like to play guitar and write songs. I've been into vn's since half a year ever since playing "G-senjou no Maou," never before have I felt such a strong connection to a fictional character. It made me realize that the very nature of vn's is much different from that of a novel, movie or game, and ever since playing that game, I was hooked.

I've played Fate/stay night, Saya no uta, Katawa Shoujo, Sharin no Kuni, Shuffle! and i've just finished Steins;Gate.

I've stalled Kamidori Alchemy Meister and Little Busters.

Anyway, after searching around the web for vn's too read, I inevitably found vndb.org, yet I didn't really like the community it has. After downloading a couple of vn's from tpb I found that fuwanovel had quite a few vn's ready to played, translation included. So after googling I came where I am now.

So... that's me, hope you guys had a great christmas^^

Greetings

Tim

Welcome!

I think we're the same in that regard. I went to VNDB a while ago to check out the community, but there was such a condescending attitude everywhere I looked in the forums. According to a few people there, my opinions on VNs don't matter because I rated something (Majikoi) higher than Muv-Luv Alternative on my list. -_- I ended up finding a community for VNs on Reddit, through a Visual Novel subreddit, but it's not a very tight-knit community. Just a bunch of people you don't know or talk to that are talking about VNs. Then someone mentioned Fuwanovel in one of their comments, and I came to check it out. I love the attitude that everyone has here towards VNs.

Yeah, I had a really similar story. Sadly the VNDB community retained a lot of the 4chan mentality of the earlier translation groups, and consequently is no fun. Fuwanovel's been a really great place for me, and it's full of great people. Happy to have you!

G Senjou... wow... wasn't that great? Loved the characters and the twists. The other VNs you listed are some of my favorites as well. You'll have to let me/us know what you think of Kamidori Alchemy Meister -- it's on my to-play list, and I've heard nothing but great things.

Glad to have you!

@Alxariam

You're totally right about their condescending attitude, you're actually allowed to like Katawa Shoujo here :P

@Tay

Kamidori can be a bit... tedious at times :P You'll be more busy fighting monsters than anything else really. I stopped after the game rolled me right into Emelita's route, which wasn't the one I wanted to do, but I think i'll pick it up again sometime.

It's at least worth a try ;)

@Steve

As a matter of fact, I just picked up it up again ;) I stalled after playing through the game once without doing any of the routes and I was thinking "What? That's it?" I think I got the gist of what it's really all about now, I haven't even met Saya yet.

@meru

Haha, i'll give it a try ;)

Oh, and thank you guys for welcoming me, it means alot^^

@Steve

As a matter of fact, I just picked up it up again wink.gif I stalled after playing through the game once without doing any of the routes and I was thinking "What? That's it?" I think I got the gist of what it's really all about now, I haven't even met Saya yet.

I see, I think I know what ending you mean (I know many people were surprised with that "thats it?" end, but be assured everything will get proper end :P ), luckily for me I got that almost as the last one and I enjoyed Kud route as my first one :)

Also to even unlock Saya you need to finish the game first, but those after parts of the game are not translated yet if you play in English.

But the original is masterpiece alone, Sayatachi are just a bonus I guess, can't really judge those as I am also still waiting for the TL.