Hello Everynyan

Boon

Trust me, I hate linear VNs, and I am recommending this one.

That good huh? Alright, I guess I'll put it on my wishlist. :)

Welcome and i hope we can be friends.

Have a konata:

Izumi.Konata.full.271091.jpg

lol I can't see the image because zerochan doesn't allow hotlinking.

I like Konata though, despite never having watched Lucky Star. It's mostly because of her seiyuu being the same as Haruhi, Hirano-sama. :3 Oh, and I love her Lucy voicing too.

And yes, let us be friends. ^_^

Welcome on the forum

Enjoy your stay,

And spread the Clannad love.

We have quite the same kind of tastes, I also like having several choices and having an impression of freedom within the game.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

Oh and if you like kinetic novels, Narcissu is a good one.

Haha... like I said, I don't really particularly like kinetic novels. :P I have, however, heard of Narcissu . It was held as a prime example of a good utsuge tearjerker. Have to check it out some time...

Only 999 holds that position for me.

A great non-linear VN I unfortunately will never have the opportunity to play... until I buy a DS and figure out how to patch the English patch. And with my current financial status, that seems very unlikely...

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

Haha... like I said, I don't really particularly like kinetic novels. :P I have, however, heard of Narcissu . It was held as a prime example of a good utsuge tearjerker. Have to check it out some time...

Ahh my bad, just spent 8 hours under the sun (man the temperature was as high as 35C), the heat and exhaustion must have gotten to me. And as Life mentioned, Rewrite is a great VN. Also, where might you have heard that Akane's route and Moon/Terra isn't that great? They are, to both me and many reviewers, one of the best routes Rewrite has to offer. Some even said that Terra alone is worth playing through the whole of Rewrite, which I totally agree on.

(man the temperature was as high as 35C)

Gotta love that annoying Singapore heat... We don't even have Winter here... Even Japan has Winter. Japan, an Asian country like ours. What's up with that?

Also, where might you have heard that Akane's route and Moon/Terra isn't that great?

It's a long time ago, but I've heard some people give some negative feedback regarding Terra... My memory's blurry at best, so I really don't remember what they said, but I think it might have been the usual complaint people give towards such things, like it's too convoluted or whatnot. Not too sure about Akane's route. Like I said, it's quite a while ago. lol

But the words of assurance you guys give are good enough to have me pick up the VN again (especially your advice in particular about Terra being worth the entire playthrough, Tenkuru). I just have to sort through the huge chunk of titles on my plan-to-read list...

A great non-linear VN I unfortunately will never have the opportunity to play... until I buy a DS and figure out how to patch the English patch. And with my current financial status, that seems very unlikely...

What are you talking about? If you have a PC or laptop you can use an emulator. Well, it doesn't hurt to legally own the game, but still. And I'm pretty sure there's a full English version (pretty sure it was officially released, actually).

What are you talking about? If you have a PC or laptop you can use an emulator. Well, it doesn't hurt to legally own the game, but still. And I'm pretty sure there's a full English version (pretty sure it was officially released, actually).

Hm? An emulator? Do you need to be tech-savvy to know how to use that? 'Coz I'm not... :/ I'm kinda technophobic when it comes to these things, really... heh.

But the words of assurance you guys give are good enough to have me pick up the VN again (especially your advice in particular about Terra being worth the entire playthrough, Tenkuru). I just have to sort through the huge chunk of titles on my plan-to-read list...

Terra being worth it? PFFT. Nonono. Somebody's got their priorities all wrong. It's the Oppai ending that's worth it.

Hm? An emulator? Do you need to be tech-savvy to know how to use that? 'Coz I'm not... :/ I'm kinda technophobic when it comes to these things, really... heh.

...Just go to coolrom.com, go to DS emulators and choose one. DeSmuME, preferably. Then search up 999 in the DS ROMs section, use ALTERNATIVE DOWNLOAD LINK, and voila.

DS Emulators link: http://www.coolrom.com/emulators/nds/

999 DL link: http://www.coolrom.com/roms/nds/40994/9_Hours,_9_Persons,_9_Doors.php

lol Yeah, I definitely read somewhere in the walkthrough about this elusive route that's the enriching oppai... Sounds like a real treat. Heh heh heh...

Oh, and thanks so much for the emulator advice! God, I've been wanting to play that VN for a long time! I heard so many good things about it, and the '9 doors' part of the story definitely sounds interesting for a non-linear VN. Thanks again!

Hello, there. Welcome to fuwanovel ;)

My my, what an expressive introduction. Needless to say I'm also a fan of VNs that center around the story, but I personally prefer a more linear progression especially with the inclusion of a true ending. I also don't like frequenting between VNs as playing multiple ones simultaneously breaks my immersion. Other than that I don't see many other things we don't share in common, and I bet you'll easily fit in right here like a family.

Anyway, how did it feel to be in national service? We don't have that obligation here you see. Do share.

PS Enjoy the forums and I'll be here to help if need be.

I also don't like frequenting between VNs as playing multiple ones simultaneously breaks my immersion.

I understand the feeling, though it doesn't really bother me as much unless it's a VN meant to have one coherent story told through one play-through, as opposed to multiple routes with multiple sub-plots that could be enjoyed on your own time. It's a difference between Little Busters! (which ties together the multiple routes nicely by the end of the VN) and Grisaia no Kajitsu (of which its multiple routes felt more like standalone stories so far, same goes for Katawa Shoujo).

I get what you mean though. It doesn't feel nice to have the story experience cut up into little portions. But ultimately, these things are merely a matter of personal preference.

Anyway, how did it feel to be in national service? We don't have that obligation here you see. Do share.

Ugh, it was dreadful. Psychologically traumatic, and I wouldn't really be exaggerating much on that part either. Forced conscription tends to leave a country with a patriarch mentality... your stereotypical 'macho man' discipline, if you will. I didn't make many friends there, though to be fair, that's more attributed to my anti-social personality than the working environment itself. I just have problems dealing with people on a general level. And in an environment like the army that forces you to work together or be ousted as some kind of social-loser, it might as well be Hell on Earth.

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit... a tiny bit. But it was awful. It really left a scar on my mind. I was forced to be this subservient little guy, and my sergeant in command was such a pain in the hardass.

Sigh. I'd rather not talk about it. So many painful memories.

Ugh, it was dreadful. Psychologically traumatic, and I wouldn't really be exaggerating much on that part either. Forced conscription tends to leave a country with a patriarch mentality... your stereotypical 'macho man' discipline, if you will. I didn't make many friends there, though to be fair, that's more attributed to my anti-social personality than the working environment itself. I just have problems dealing with people on a general level. And in an environment like the army that forces you to work together or be ousted as some kind of social-loser, it might as well be Hell on Earth.

Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit... a tiny bit. But it was awful. It really left a scar on my mind. I was forced to be this subservient little guy, and my sergeant in command was such a pain in the hardass.

Sigh. I'd rather not talk about it. So many painful memories.

That final thought actually matches your avatar oddly well.

At least you've grown tougher ...right? Well unless you've been dispatched to Afghanistan or Somalia making a few friends wouldn't hurt, so I guess that was on you. Also, a scar on your mind makes for a good life experience. Now, whenever you drop a $60 wedding cake right on the face your girlfriend's father, you know you've been through much worse in the army.

Did you get to use firearms?

Well unless you've been dispatched to Afghanistan or Somalia making a few friends wouldn't hurt,

True... Nevertheless, I just don't like Singaporeans very much, despite being one myself, so making friends with my own countrymen was a lot harder than making friends with foreigners online. They're pragmatic nationalists who blindly consider our country to be better than others. Nothing wrong with a little patriotism, I guess, but it so reminds me of the same blind-patriotism of America, and that's certainly not an example to follow. No offense to fellow Americans intended. If anything, I much preferred America to my homeland when I was a kid, causing these nationalists to consider me as some sort of 'hipster' who favors America over his own country. Naturally, that didn't help me fit in much.

Also, a scar on your mind makes for a good life experience. Now, whenever you drop a $60 wedding cake right on the face your girlfriend's father, you know you've been through much worse in the army.

I guess. Some people aren't meant to bear such scars, though. They lack the conviction, the willpower to overcome them. They lack character. And then they turn into a cliche villain with delusions of grandeur to compensate for their 'tragic past.'

Ah, dammit. Sorry if I'm laying on the melodrama too much. This is just how I deal with it whenever I talk about my past. I can be very self-conscious about these things.

Did you get to use firearms?

Yes, but I largely stayed away from them. I was excused from live ammunition due to being diagnosed with anxieties. My bunkmates laughingly thought that it was because they were afraid I'd go crazy and kill everyone or something.