Hello Everynyan

Boon

Yes, but I largely stayed away from them. I was excused from live ammunition due to being diagnosed with anxieties. My bunkmates laughingly thought that it was because they were afraid I'd go crazy and kill everyone or something.

Excuse me for asking, but does that mean you were like a backup team or more like one of the men who were behind desks?

Excuse me for asking, but does that mean you were like a backup team or more like one of the men who were behind desks?

Heh, nothing as glorious as a 'backup team', and a job behind desk might have been much more comfortable. I was merely a storeman. I was in charge of the storage, the logistics, like food and equipment. Of course, my sergeant in command would go on to say how important logistics actually is, and I wouldn't disagree with him too much either. It's actually quite a good fortune, in hindsight. I could have been sent to the frontline, and given my poor physical condition, I wouldn't have been able to adapt quickly.

I liked Rin because she was serious and mostly gave everyone the cold shoulder. I feel like Rin died and something possessed her body. I don't like Rin anymore.

I respect Rin's pragmatic self a lot too, but why don't you like her anymore? What did you mean by 'something possessing her body'? lol Do you mean that the picture Itsurakoriuki posted badly depicted Rin? The tsundere side might seem silly, but it's all in good fun, mate. haha I personally enjoy her sillier moments anyway, especially those in Carnival Phantasm.

True... Nevertheless, I just don't like Singaporeans very much, despite being one myself, so making friends with my own countrymen was a lot harder than making friends with foreigners online. They're pragmatic nationalists who blindly consider our country to be better than others. Nothing wrong with a little patriotism, I guess, but it so reminds me of the same blind-patriotism of America, and that's certainly not an example to follow. No offense to fellow Americans intended. If anything, I much preferred America to my homeland when I was a kid, causing these nationalists to consider me as some sort of 'hipster' who favors America over his own country. Naturally, that didn't help me fit in much.

Oh boy, this is so true. You should really see how some of my friends act towards foreigners, both offline and online. They have this mentality that they are superior compared to people from other countries. It's good to be patriotic, but there's a difference between patriotism and just plain arrogance. 

Really? I thought she was a joke character at the start and became more serious as the story went by? Did I just receive a spoiler?

Well, yeah, technically, you're right. She was portrayed as a joke character, but the fact of the matter is, when you've reached her route in the VN,

you'd realize that she isn't a joke character at heart. In fact, her true nature is more similar to a typical harem 'ill girl' main heroine like Nagisa from Clannad, rather than being a joke character like Sunohara. And being the type of guy who prefers the seriousness of a character over her sillier side, of course I'd prefer her more serious side, not to mention that her tsundere-act in the game outside of her own route is painful to watch, considering that she's putting up the act to make up for her supposed 'uselessness.' Worst of all, anyone who's never bothered to visit her route (which is more likely than you think, when you consider how annoying her tsundere act in the common route can be), he would just dismiss her as an idiot character who's too dumb to live.

It also doesn't help that her own route was rather poorly written... God, I hate it when good characters are thrust into pitiful routes.

Oh boy, this is so true. You should really see how some of my friends act towards foreigners, both offline and online. They have this mentality that they are superior compared to people from other countries. It's good to be patriotic, but there's a difference between patriotism and just plain arrogance. 

I know right? Especially towards Westerners in particular. I mean, come on, I know Americans' got problems, but we're hardly saints ourselves by judging others as such.

Honestly, Michiru was one of the most realistic characters I've ever seen. How do I know this? I have been the same kind of person for years in middle school and a portion of high school (except for the tsundere act, I don't think anyone would act the tsundere without a lover to do it on anyways. That and I would never act like a tsundere). 

(except for the tsundere act, I don't think anyone would act the tsundere without a lover to do it on anyways.).

Probably due to cultural clash, but I found tsunderes to be particularly annoying, even when they're written to be likable (like Kyou from Clannad or Rin from F/SN). And a full-blown tsundere act without any room for seriousness (even Kyou and Rin had their moments of seriousness in the common route)? That can be rather intolerable if any sane person thinks about it...

which makes Michiru look all the more masochistic compared to Amane. No sane person would try to make herself look that stupid.

That said, it might be a cultural thing. Maybe Japanese find tsunderes/idiot girls to be very appealing.

Probably due to cultural clash, but I found tsunderes to be particularly annoying, even when they're written to be likable (like Kyou from Clannad or Rin from F/SN). And a full-blown tsundere act without any room for seriousness (even Kyou and Rin had their moments of seriousness in the common route)? That can be rather intolerable if any sane person thinks about it...

which makes Michiru look all the more masochistic compared to Amane. No sane person would try to make herself look that stupid.

That said, it might be a cultural thing. Maybe Japanese find tsunderes/idiot girls to be very appealing.

Well, they DID have the joke

"Michiru = Masochist".

I guess it was there for a reason.

Actually, I really dislike the clingy types. Even in a relationship IRL, I started hating the girl who ended up actually liking me. Which is the worst thing that could happen, as I know I have no chance with women whatsoever.

BRB, laughing while crying internally.