fault milestone one Kickstarter

BookwormOtaku

More info in: The story is centered on childhood friends (cliche enough yet?) Princess Selphine and her Royal Guard Ritona (...more cliche?). Attacking forces destroy their castle and they flee (too much cliche!) and ACCIDENTALLY (WHAT.) teleport to an unknown uninhabited forest (CLICHE OVERLOAD: IT'S OVER 9000).

Does it? It seems linear and cliched to me. Though, not having played the game yet, I can't say for sure.

Cliche doesn't necessarily mean bad.

Edited by solidbatman
Because quit being an ass towards others and use the report feature. It's quite handy.

To think that this team started out translating School days, which eventually got released to westerners by JAST. They seem to be doing well for themselves. Plus they have another vn coming out soon, that is being released by Mangagamer.

Good for them.

Whoa. They translated School Days? Seriously? Man, that's awesome.

What VN is it? Is there a name released yet?

Sakura spirit. 'Tis an OELVN though, and the trailer is reportedly full of T&A (I didn't actually watch it, because >video). Cheap as fuck preorder at MG, under 8 dollars.. I spend about that much per day on snacks and shit. Wish I could back fault milestone, but ill have to wait for paypal since baka amazon payments doesn't let you use separate payment methods for each purchase and I'm already backing WEE complete (I use e-generated cards with a fixed balance, very handy for online shopping - many things don't even take my regular card number).

Sakura spirit. 'Tis an OELVN though, and the trailer is reportedly full of T&A (I didn't actually watch it, because >video). Cheap as fuck preorder at MG, under 8 dollars.. I spend about that much per day on snacks and shit. Wish I could back fault milestone, but ill have to wait for paypal since baka amazon payments doesn't let you use separate payment methods for each purchase and I'm already backing WEE complete (I use e-generated cards with a fixed balance, very handy for online shopping - many things don't even take my regular card number).

Sounds cool. Gotta check it out. 

Isn't there also some sort of fundraiser thing for Gyakuten Kenji 2 TL?

Lol trying to get a GIF into my signature.

More info in: The story is centered on childhood friends (cliche enough yet?) Princess Selphine and her Royal Guard Ritona (...more cliche?). Attacking forces destroy their castle and they flee (too much cliche!) and ACCIDENTALLY (WHAT.) teleport to an unknown uninhabited forest (CLICHE OVERLOAD: IT'S OVER 9000).

It's never about how original or unoriginal their ideas are, it's all about how well they execute them. There's a reason certain ideas BECOME cliches in the first place, and that is people are interested in these type of stories, and it's a solid base to launch an exciting tale. The world is full of stories full of overdone ideas going on to become best-sellers (Robert Jordan's books are full of dull cliches for example). It's also full of people who try original, great sounding ideas and falling flat on their face. Ideally you'd like a well-executed story which is original and fresh, but as long as the story is executed with flair and talent, I have no problem with how cliche'd the stuff is. 

I don't have enough information to make a judgement call yet, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it.

What Rooke said. Cliches became cliches for a reason. Once we really read the story, then we will know if it expands into a tale that is worthwhile to read. I do get the complaint, though. It is a tough challenge to tackle. I find cliches to be no worse than writers who try too desperately to be original, and the attempt becomes too blatant. Not going to pass judgement based on a few pictures and paragraphs.

Sekaiproject brought Narcissu onto Steam so they get a tick in my books B).

Don't get me wrong; I have nothing against who's making these. I find cliches sometimes become quite entertaining. I've even said that I need to try it first. If anything, I'm saying that I don't think it's gonna be a great game. It might be an okay game, but as I've mentioned earlier, isolation is something I am discouraged by. 4+ people= not isolated. Even if they include the bad guys. Which is one of the reasons why I'm interested. I'd like to check this VN out, if only to see a story without a villain. Unless they end up back in their own dimension and fight the bad guys at the end. Cause that's way too cliche for me.

This is considered a good novel and I'm interested to give it a go, even though the premise does not seem that original, again - it's all about execution; ideas are disposable and I've seen plenty of "original" creators who failed miserably with their works. If I had to chose between a badly written story containing really fresh content and a well written story build upon dull and overused ideas, I'd chose the latter by all means. The real magic that hooks people doesn't come from the idea itself, but the way everything is built upon it. A great writer, who knows how to execute his writing can turn the most dull and prosasic life moments into captivating tales.

I'm really interested to see this western-oriented type of japanese writing, as awkward it may sound. It might open up visual novels towards more people and the fact the art is really good and retains the anime stylistics important to the genre makes it a game worthy of attention.

This is considered a good novel and I'm interested to give it a go, even though the premise does not seem that original, again - it's all about execution; ideas are disposable and I've seen plenty of "original" creators who failed miserably with their works. If I had to chose between a badly written story containing really fresh content and a well written story build upon dull and overused ideas, I'd chose the latter by all means. The real magic that hooks people doesn't come from the idea itself, but the way everything is built upon it. A great writer, who knows how to execute his writing can turn the most dull and prosasic life moments into captivating tales.

I'm really interested to see this western-oriented type of japanese writing, as awkward it may sound. It might open up visual novels towards more people and the fact the art is really good and retains the anime stylistics important to the genre makes it a game worthy of attention.

First of all, this is getting really annoying. Please stop copying and pasting comments, because it seems like I've heard the same line a hundred times in this one post. You're all counting on it being generic but good, but look at statistics: most generic games tend to be bad rather than good. I say, what is so special about this game that will make it good? Cliches may be cliches for a reason, but I assure you that most of the time they're executed badly. Do any of the writers, artists, creators have any history of greatness? And what assures you that the writing will actually be western-oriented? For all we know, they think every American is a fat, lazy bastard, Canadians are horse-loving maniacs who add 'eh?' to the end of each sentence and who knows what else. If it does end up being played by newcomers, and it's really bad, it will discourage people from the VN community. I hope that, at the very least, they be respectful enough not to make it an H-game.

Most games are crap; 90% of AAA game industry is pure shit and people eat that stuff for breakfast and say it's good. What else do you expect? Only a bunch of writers are decent enough to pull it off, as I mentioned. That's why we most often read mediocre stories. Still, even those are enjoyable and people read them anyway. I'm still happy SP is interested in bringing up interesting doujin projects, rather than the crap you see on MG's front page. You need to learn to enjoy decent stuff, especially if it's made by amateurs; those games are often better than most AAA productions anyway, mostly because doujin creators aren't bound by the same set of restrictions AAA developers have to abide.

I still consider WEE a better pick. If you're looking for something interesting, you'd better get it instead of Fault, as long as you're able to cope with Hasekura's writing and points of interest. As for the western-oriented writing, it might mean a lot of things. It might as well be a blunder on SP's side; it might mean the world presented in Fault is more of a medieval fantasy and relate to our customs and traditions more than things that typically drive most of japanese fantasy settings. Eitherway, it might be interesting to check it out.