Favorite Video Games of all Time (Excluding VNs)

solidbatman

Tell me your Top 5 Video Games. Not 6, not 4. I want top 5 and only top 5. Here is mine.

5. Metal Gear Solid 4 (Such a strange, yet incredible game to play. Its filled with the typical Kojima insanity, but is a fitting close to the Solid Snake story)

4. Final Fantasy X (I just love it. Okay?)

3. Bioshock Infinite

2. Chrono Trigger

1. Xenosaga Episode III

So, what is your top 5?

5. Fallout 3 (i think ive mentioned this game way too often but yeah, ive wasted hours and hours on it and i never get tired of it)

4. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky (i freaking love this game )

3. Star Wars Battlefront II (DICE is doing a re-boot. hell. yes.)

2. Metal Gear Solid 2 (i can play the story a thousand times and ill never get tired of it)

1. Pokemon Soul Silver (Hands down to the best remake ever)

Only 5? :( I'm a moody guy! My top games shift with my moods! So what I'll do is just name my favourite game from 5 different categories and that will be my list. Okay:

RPG - Baldur's Gate 2 (this changes depending on my mood, but atm it's BG2.)

Strategy - Total War Shogun 2 (This does not change with my moods. Awesome game!)

Modern RPG (it's a totally different category!) - The Witcher, enhanced edition (Yeah, Dragon Age really did pinch a lot from the Witcher, didn't it :lol: . Dark, mature, choices and consequences, excellent story based off the novels, shitty combat... but we'll just ignore that last part, okay?)

JRPG - Valkyria Chronicles - (innovative but not pointlessly so, mature, beautiful, fun. An all-round wonderful experience. Then the sequel came out <_< )

Sandbox - Morrowind (Yes I've played both Oblivion and Skyrim. Yes I think Morrowind is better than both. No it's not because I have 'epic nostaligia.')

Sandbox - Morrowind (Yes I've played both Oblivion and Skyrim. Yes I think Morrowind is better than both. No it's not because I have 'epic nostaligia.')

I agree, I think Morrowind is better than Skyrim and Oblivion (And I prefer Skyrim than Oblivion xD)

My List:
1. Morrowind (With MGSO3 + other mods)
2. Dragon Age: Origins
3. Mount & Blade
4. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
5. Street Fighter Series

It is impossible to say 5 games for the whole 17 years or how long I play games, I can't compare experience I had as a child with experience I have now.

So rating if like Worms: Armageddon was better than Dark Souls is impossible.

Something that could have been the best game for me when I was 10 could now easily be pretty boring as it is outdated.

But I can name few that I spent most fun times with, ill skip the very childish years and just jump to PC only.

(I try sorting them about the time they were released but I didn't look at exact years so it might be wrong)

Unreal Tournament (98)

Counter Strike

Fallout 1, 2

Worms: Armageddon

Battlefield 1942

Trackmania

Battlefield 2142

Counter Strike: Source

Hitman: Contracts

DotA (1)

Trackmania Nations Forever

Hitman: Blood Money

World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade

Fallout 3

Starcraft II (both wings and hots now)

Minecraft

Fallout: New Vegas

Unepic

Terraria

Tribes: Ascend

FTL

Planetside 2

Dark Souls

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Awesomenauts

And I am pretty sure I missed lot of great games. I might be able to make 5 top games per year, but not per ~17 years I am playing games on PC.

It is impossible to say 5 games for the whole 17 years or how long I play games, I can't compare experience I had as a child with experience I have now.

Just take a pair of scissors and cut right after Battlefield 1942. List done ;)

Something that could have been the best game for me when I was 10 could now easily be pretty boring as it is outdated.

But I can name few that I spent most fun times with, ill skip the very childish years and just jump to PC only.

(I try sorting them about the time they were released but I didn't look at exact years so it might be wrong)

Unreal Tournament (98)

Counter Strike

Fallout 1, 2

Worms: Armageddon

Battlefield 1942

Trackmania

Battlefield 2142

Counter Strike: Source

Hitman: Contracts

DotA (1)

Trackmania Nations Forever

Hitman: Blood Money

World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade

Fallout 3

Starcraft II (both wings and hots now)

Minecraft

Fallout: New Vegas

Unepic

Terraria

Tribes: Ascend

FTL

Planetside 2

Dark Souls

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Awesomenauts

And I am pretty sure I missed lot of great games. I might be able to make 5 top games per year, but not per ~17 years I am playing games on PC.

Just out of curiosity, on what league are you in SC?

My Favourite Games

1. Suikoden 2
  2. Suikoden 1
  3. Persona 3
  4. Legend of Dragoon
  5. Final Fantasy VIII

These are probably due to the memories I have when playing them. I played a lot with my sister and only now that I am old, can I look back on the moments fondly.

Why only five, that's too cruel. Anyway, in no special order my favorites are :

Shadow of the Colossus

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3

Zone of Enders The 2nd Runner

Wild Arms

Suikoden II

Special mention goes to: Baldur's Gate II, Fallout 1 & 2, Final Fantasy VIII, Mana Khemia, Xenogears and Metal Gear Solid.

Just out of curiosity, on what league are you in SC?

Gold, although I don't play much (I have like 20 ranked games since HoTS came out).

How can I then say its one of the best games of all time? Well its simple, the esport surrounding it brought me so much entertainment time, maybe even more than any other game from the list. The competitive match is always different in some way, unique. Yes, it might be exactly the same strategy the players choose, but the outcome is always different, dependent on the players themselves. Builds are only the foundation of the strategy in the game itself, you can copy exactly the same opening as some progamer but you can never be able to make the exact same decision later in the game, not even them can make the exact same decision in 2 similar games and that's what makes SC2 so good. (for more talk, there is sc2 topic in general, we talked lot about the esport side of the game there so you can read and join topic).

A lot of Persona 3 I see. Do you guys like 3 over 4?

I should like to think that most people who've played both think so. "Persona 4" is a great game; it just wasn't "Persona 3".

I also personally love the PSP remake of the original; but hate the second game, if anyone cares.

I actually love Persona 4. But Persona 3 was my first PS2 Persona, so it kind of benefits from being first. I think Persona 4 has better mechanics, but I like the story in 3 more. Especially FES.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I love it too: it's amongst my favourites.