I can't beat the Hound in the tutorial level of Kamidori: Alchemist Meister on Hard mode

SanadaShadow

Okay, so I've tried multiple different strategies. I've tried luring the hound out so I can get to the Elyun Feather, I've tried putting on various items, I've tried attacking head on. The only thing I can think of is spawnkilling monsters, but I only have 30 turns. The Hound has 50HP in hard mode, and at the start I'm underleveled, underequipped, and unskilled. It can kill me in two attacks, and it does three a turn. It is quite easy to defeat in normal. I dunno, is there some kind of system that carries over save-game data? Do I need to beat it once to finally get the Hound to die? Is this a glitch that happened mid-translation? Please help.

im guessing youre doing new game+. if so there should be some options before you start, to carry over items and skills from your previous game. if you dont think youve done that i suggest you start a new new game+. also turn "Enemy Cap" off. this makes the enemies much harder and makes them spawn faster. unless you want a challenge.

He said the tutorial, so it's obviously the very first dungeon- grey hound in the training grounds.

You're trying to beat it up on hard without using NG+, yes? Kind of annoying, but doable.

First of all, don't kill off all of the putettos and don't close the spawn gate. You should wait and kill them until you're around 89 experience- after that you can close it.

After that, you'll fight a bat- that bat will give you enough experience to get to level 2.

Get the treasure and enter the hidden door to get the ring. Before fighting the hound, be sure you have full health and equip the soldier ring- at that point, you'll most likely have 20 health, while the attacks from that hound will cause 18 damage.

In your turn, don't fight it- just take recovery items (that you already have from the beginning + the two potions you get) and make sure you're at full health. Standby at it's side and it will engage in battle with you. You gotta do that again and again until it's dead. 

I did it again to check it out of it still worked, and it took 29 turns (with one missed attack from my part)- you do not have the time to get the second deployment gate. Don't bother with it and just go after that thing again afterwards.

Kamidori on hard in your first playthrough can be very frustrating- I wish you good luck.

Guest sakanaとkoeda

Oooh I remember this. I started out on hard mode too. To put it simply, you need to rely on the RNG and level up once and make sure the HP stat is increased so you can survive a round (otherwise reset) and then use Kaguya's strategy. At least that's what worked for me.

The name of this thread is:

"I can't beat the Hound in the tutorial level of Kamidori: Alchemist Meister on Hard mode"

I don't think reading the tags is even necessary. Though I guess being specific in the post itself can't hurt.

im guessing youre doing new game+. if so there should be some options before you start, to carry over items and skills from your previous game. if you dont think youve done that i suggest you start a new new game+. also turn "Enemy Cap" off. this makes the enemies much harder and makes them spawn faster. unless you want a challenge.

However, that's just the thing; I want a challenge. I've beaten the Yuela route before, but I lost my save file. I do not wish to go in Normal mode again, so I chose Hard mode. I am currently utilizing both features you have mentioned, but I find it still impossible to beat. That is why I wonder if there is some error in the download or just for me.

i see. just use Kaguya's method then. when you do new game+ though dont turn those things that i previously mentioned on. Because after a while it will become a huuuuuuuuuuge grind. even if youre looking for a challenge. DONT!

I remember the first time i started new game+ i thought "I'll just turn all this on while on hard mode for a challenge while getting all cg's." big mistake.

EDIT: I was referring to turning on "Enemy Cap" option.

He said the tutorial, so it's obviously the very first dungeon- grey hound in the training grounds.

You're trying to beat it up on hard without using NG+, yes? Kind of annoying, but doable.

First of all, don't kill off all of the putettos and don't close the spawn gate. You should wait and kill them until you're around 89 experience- after that you can close it.

After that, you'll fight a bat- that bat will give you enough experience to get to level 2.

Get the treasure and enter the hidden door to get the ring. Before fighting the hound, be sure you have full health and equip the soldier ring- at that point, you'll most likely have 20 health, while the attacks from that hound will cause 18 damage.

In your turn, don't fight it- just take recovery items (that you already have from the beginning + the two potions you get) and make sure you're at full health. Standby at it's side and it will engage in battle with you. You gotta do that again and again until it's dead. 

I did it again to check it out of it still worked, and it took 29 turns (with one missed attack from my part)- you do not have the time to get the second deployment gate. Don't bother with it and just go after that thing again afterwards.

Kamidori on hard in your first playthrough can be very frustrating- I wish you good luck.

First things first: This is not my first playthrough. I have merely lost my save file. Secondly- And herein lies the problem- I am not so stupid as to ignore that possibility. I have attempted it a few times. It may be a glitch, for all I know. I noticed I had two potions somewhere during my 20th try, and I attempted to use them. Of course, I've gotten to level two by that point. However, the hound still kills me in a single turn. This renders the potions useless. I have attempted this many times, and the result is either 30 turns (insta-game over) or death in a single turn.

The name of this thread is:

"I can't beat the Hound in the tutorial level of Kamidori: Alchemist Meister on Hard mode"

I don't think reading the tags is even necessary. Though I guess being specific in the post itself can't hurt.

I see. I shall remember to be more specific in posts for the less observant members from now on.

i see. just use Kaguya's method then. when you do new game+ though dont turn those things that i previously mentioned on. Because after a while it will become a huuuuuuuuuuge grind. even if youre looking for a challenge. DONT!

I remember the first time i started new game+ i thought "I'll just turn all this on while on hard mode for a challenge while getting all cg's." big mistake.

EDIT: I was referring to turning on "Enemy Cap" option.

I understand what you meant. It has been mere minutes since I last read it. I want a challenge, not an impossibility. I shall adhere to your advice.