New to the World

exsion

Hello everyone, I would like to introduce myself as someone new to the world of visual novels. To tell you the truth, my first exposure into the world of animation was probably back in my early high school years when certain friends of mine showed me some of the mainstream anime series in the US like "Bleach". Ever since that time, I've become much more well-versed into other series and genres, and what soon followed were manga and light novels.

I always knew about visual novels but for some reason, I always had some hesitation for playing them. It was one of those things that I felt uncomfortable starting, perhaps because not many people I knew played them. But for some reason after watching the recent series, Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse, I felt compelled to read more into the series. Then I found out that there were so many other works in conjunction to the Muv-Luv series, I had already watched "Kimi ga Nozomu Eien" and didn't know that there were connections to that!

And so I decided that during my winter break from college courses, that I would try the Muv-Luv series. And while Extra doesn't appeal to me for the School/Slice of Life genre, I'm wanting to play through it for Unlimited and Alternative.

Sorry if I went rambling and I feel that I didn't really get to explain myself more clearly. But perhaps in my time here, I'll be able to make better contributions.

Thank you Aaeru and team for allowing me to find such a wonderful place!

Hi and welcome to Fuwanovel~

I know that feeling, because in my place, even before I started VN it's already seen as 'H-game" and stuff. But I know one in the end will regret if one is to stay away from VN just because of that. I, for one, am thankful that I found VN.

Welcome! I'm working through Muv-Luv right now in order to experience the ultra-classic Alternate, and once I've read that I'll allow myself to watch the anime : ). I hear it the show was great, though.

We're always glad to see new faces, and I hope you feel welcome! Enjoy Muv-Luv, and pipe in now and then and let us know what you think of the games so far. I'll be looking forward to comparing experiences : ).

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I did get the visual novel up and running but I'm really clunky with the controls so far and accidentally used the CTRL key and skipped several scenes at first haha.

I'm really enjoying it so far and hope for the best!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I did get the visual novel up and running but I'm really clunky with the controls so far and accidentally used the CTRL key and skipped several scenes at first haha.

I'm really enjoying it so far and hope for the best!

Oh man, I know what you mean. I like to talk with a friend through Ventrilo while playing a VN sometimes. I've used CTRL as the push-to-talk key for years, and it's a tough habit to break.

Oh, and welcome!