Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (Rumbling Hearts) Translation Project

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, known to American audiences as Rumbling Hearts, is a visual novel dating back to 2001 that deals with heartbreak, psychological trauma, fickle romance, and mounds upon mounds of drama grounded in crude, unmitigated realism. If any of y'all have seen the anime series of which it spawned, you probably have a good idea of what this ingeniously crafted plot entails. However, despite these characteristics, this visual novel has yet to be fully translated into English, having sat on the shelves in relative obscurity for almost a decade and a half while its contemporaries and even its semi-sequels (i.e. the Muv-Luv franchise) get thoroughly translated for VN aficionados to relish. Since the early 2000s, many people have constantly talked about translating it but to no avail. I say that it's time to revitalize this project and truly bring to fruition what I feel is a long overdue and deferred dream: the translation of a gut-wrecheningly tragic Bildungsroman into the English language.

I agree. Some of it has already been translated on Visual Novel Reader.

What do you mean by that? I have Visual Novel Reader but whenever I use it to play my copy of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, it just gives me incomprehensible, nonsensical machine translation, which is quite irritating, to say the least. Are you suggesting that there's actually a relatively decent translation out there already of this VN? If so, would you mind pointing me in the general direction?

What do you mean by that? I have Visual Novel Reader but whenever I use it to play my copy of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien, it just gives me incomprehensible, nonsensical machine translation, which is quite irritating, to say the least. Are you suggesting that there's actually a relatively decent translation out there already of this VN? If so, would you mind pointing me in the general direction?

If there was a translation or translation project going on it would be on vndb.org which, as you can see in the link below, there isn't one. Just a Russian translation for the trial version.

VNDB: http://vndb.org/v94

You have Latest Edition of the VN? Set VN Reader to fan translations. But like halfway into a route it stops. I am just saying  that someone at least started translating it.

You have Latest Edition of the VN? Set VN Reader to fan translations. But like halfway into a route it stops. I am just saying  that someone at least started translating it.

I suppose it's up to someone else to finish the job for them. Preferably our group if we had more people interested in the "cause."

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...