I'm thinking about making a VN game anyone want to help?

Dreama1

Hello i'm looking for people who like Visual Novel's that would want to help make one.

There will be "no qualifications needed" just a passion and enthusiasm for the project.

If you're are interested post a reply and we will discuss it.

So now who will join me on my crusade?

You should probably post some details. Just asking for enthusiasm is very vague. People like to volunteer for stuff they know they'll like.

Like at least post the genre and that kind of stuff.

And qualifications are important believe it or not, although it's your team so it's none of my business.

You should probably post some details. Just asking for enthusiasm is very vague. People like to volunteer for stuff they know they'll like.

Like at least post the genre and that kind of stuff.

And qualifications are important believe it or not, although it's your team so it's none of my business.

Well things are going to work slightly different on this project. It is as I said if you're enthusiastic, and wish to make something unique and original you may join the project. But sensitive details regarding the project will not be discussed in public as for now.

As for qualifications they're indeed important and if qualified that would be even better. But no one shall be refused on that basis if they do not meet the qualification criteria, they might be talented and not even know it?

Just a synopsis of the project scope and some sort of a premise would be enough. If it's just on an recreational/hobby base, people are usually more fond to work on things they find likeable.

I'm rather dubious about community collaborations, since from my experience most of them die as fast as they are born; I'm not saying it's impossible, but such spontaneous projects born from a simple need to occupy oneself with something rarely even reach the stage of a playable prototype. KS was created from a similiar spurt, but there's a lot more needed than just a simple enthusiasm or passion in order to create a working game.

Ive actually been talking about it with my programmer friend and he is already on board.

We were also considering making a short anime, but making a visual novel would be much easier. My artist friend has a thing for sexually explicit content so the game would definitely not be lacking in h scenes.

We need someone to provide original audio, preferably classical type instrumentals. Which we might be able to just produce on our own.

What we need most is a solid idea, that is thought evoking, heart wrenching, and provocative all in one. I am willing to hear some ideas, but my team would want to make slight alternations. I am a writer by trade, (impoverished at the moment) so I have some ideas of my own

Just my own personal opinion, but if you are aiming to do this for profit I think it would be wisest not to have any sexual content. Most people I know (aside from me of course) are freaked out by 2d sexual content. Hell, I almost convinced two of my friends to try out a great VN (Swan Song) until I mentioned that there was some sexual content in it. While sex scenes work well in the Japanese VN market, I think they are counter productive in the western market. In fact I even think that Katawa Shoujo, despite how well known it is could have done even better if it avoided the sexual content. However Katawa Shoujo is also freeware so they didn't need to worry about sales.

You mentioned that you are currently poor and that you want to write something thought provoking. Call it cliche but maybe you should follow the first rule of Creative Writing 101 and write what you know (about being a poor writer). Plus VNs tend to be very character oriented so if you could paint a picture (with your writing) of the life of a poor writer that could actually turn out quite well. Too often people try to look for a grand ideas and either can't write, or overwhelm themselves with their ideas. The most important lesson I think I left with from my High School creative writing class was that an average idea with good writing could make a great story, but a good idea with mediocre writing makes a terrible story.